Governor Romney now wants to insource jobs to non-citizens:

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
This is from Governor Romney's website:

Attracting the Best and the Brightest​

To ensure that America continues to lead the world in innovation and economic dynamism, a Romney administration would press for an immigration policy designed to maximize America’s economic potential. The United States needs to attract and retain job creators from wherever they come. Foreign-born residents with advanced degrees start companies, create jobs, and drive innovation at an especially high rate. While lawful immigrants comprise about 8 percent of the population, immigrants start 16 percent of our top-performing, high-technology companies, hold the position of CEO or lead engineer in 25 percent of high-tech firms, and produce over 25 percent of all patent applications filed from the United States.

• Raise visa caps for highly skilled workers
  • Grant permanent residency to eligible graduates with advanced degrees in math, science, and engineering

---

While America is the destination for many of the world's best and brightest minds; making it easier for companies to hire these professionals on the cheap while ignoring native born citizens of equal or greater qualifications is an area where I disagree with the governor.

"Grant permanent residency to eligible graduates with advanced degrees in math, science, and engineering"

Agree! The shortage of Americans trained in these fields falls in line with the small amount of available education slots in the USA!!

RNs are one of my pet peeves.

"Grant permanent residency to eligible graduates with advanced degrees in math, science, and engineering"

Agree! The shortage of Americans trained in these fields falls in line with the small amount of available education slots in the USA!!

RNs are one of my pet peeves.

There are a lot of out-of-work RN's. When the local health department had their latest round of lay-offs, we were flooded with resumes. There are a lot of out of work engineers too come to think of it.

It looks to me like Romney has a plan for legal immigration for law abiding, educated, job producing persons. And it's not a pathway to amnesty. Do you have a problem with that OP?

It looks to me like Romney has a plan for legal immigration for law abiding, educated, job producing persons. And it's not a pathway to amnesty. Do you have a problem with that OP?

Beats the Hell out of a POTUS suing states for trying to keep illegals out. :dunno:

Jee Whizz this is a failure of thread topic.

I feel it would be better if he made it easier for companies to hire native born citizens instead of making it easier for them to hire non-natives who will work cheaper.

I feel it would be better if he made it easier for companies to hire native born citizens instead of making it easier for them to hire non-natives who will work cheaper.

That's a fair position. Are you also anti illegal immigration then?

Yes very much so.

Hey lets recruit those guys that get that free edumucation to come to the good ol USA! Fuck the citizens...let them fend for themselves, free market and all that jazz

Yes very much so.

Really? Please tell us your thoughts on the de-facto Amnesty that Obama just issued. Talk about insourcing foreigners for jobs.

Well, 2 things about it. I don't support it per-say but it is a practical approach that has some bipartisan support if I remember the details. Practical insofar as we can't deport 11-15 million people. No way, no how. The solution has many flaws and is one of those things that makes me shake my head at some of the solutions he comes up with.

Secondly, allowing some guy who comes here to make a living picking grapefruit or working in a service position isn't the same as incentivizing Hewlett Packard of Microsoft to look to Singapore to hire an engineer at 75K. The Governor is in favor of such incentives and seeks to allow more of that sort of practice. I think he should make it more adventageous to hire native-born workers instead of creating greater allowances for companies to look overseas.

Its' not. If Romney were against issuing any visas she would be accusing him of nativism. If Romney were for gay marriage she would accuse him of pandering. It doesnt matter what position Romney holds. That really isn't the issue.
As to the matter, every year Congress allots a certain number of visas for skiled workers. These are first come first served. They tend to go within the first 3 weeks. That is a lot of skilled workers that US companies need they cannot get. It is economically grossly inefficient. So no wonder a Democrat supports it.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Do any of you know what an enormous pain it is to immigrate here? It is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

I have spent over $30,000 and a decade in the immigration system. It is byzantine, and makes the IRS look like a transparent, benevolent organization.

Its' not. If Romney were against issuing any visas she would be accusing him of nativism. If Romney were for gay marriage she would accuse him of pandering. It doesnt matter what position Romney holds. That really isn't the issue.
As to the matter, every year Congress allots a certain number of visas for skiled workers. These are first come first served. They tend to go within the first 3 weeks. That is a lot of skilled workers that US companies need they cannot get. It is economically grossly inefficient. So no wonder a Democrat supports it.

Rabbid is the classic "yeah but" moron. I guess he's for incentives to hire more foreign workers now? What a dick.

Rabbid is the classic "yeah but" moron. I guess he's for incentives to hire more foreign workers now? What a dick.
You're classic dumbshit. The only incentive to hire foreign workers is that the US can't get qualified US workers for the same job. But that's econ 101 and thus way above your pay grade.

You're classic dumbshit. The only incentive to hire foreign workers is that the US can't get qualified US workers for the same job. But that's econ 101 and thus way above your pay grade.

So you're saying we don't have qualified workers here? Really? Now that's funny.

So you're saying we don't have qualified workers here? Really? Now that's funny.

Yeah honest. Otherwise companies wouldn't go through the hassle of hiring foreign workers with visa requirements. But this is doubtless beyond you which is why you'll probably retort with some shit about the unemployment rate like the dumb bunny you are.

YET our president has fought AZ tooth and nail to make all these illegals stay. You cant have it both ways :eusa_whistle:

This is from Governor Romney's website:

Attracting the Best and the Brightest​

To ensure that America continues to lead the world in innovation and economic dynamism, a Romney administration would press for an immigration policy designed to maximize America’s economic potential. The United States needs to attract and retain job creators from wherever they come. Foreign-born residents with advanced degrees start companies, create jobs, and drive innovation at an especially high rate. While lawful immigrants comprise about 8 percent of the population, immigrants start 16 percent of our top-performing, high-technology companies, hold the position of CEO or lead engineer in 25 percent of high-tech firms, and produce over 25 percent of all patent applications filed from the United States.

• Raise visa caps for highly skilled workers
  • Grant permanent residency to eligible graduates with advanced degrees in math, science, and engineering

---

While America is the destination for many of the world's best and brightest minds; making it easier for companies to hire these professionals on the cheap while ignoring native born citizens of equal or greater qualifications is an area where I disagree with the governor.

you do, of course, realize that the quotation from Romney's website does not support the thread title in the slightest... right?

"a Romney administration would press for an immigration policy designed to maximize America’s economic potential. The United States needs to attract and retain job creators from wherever they come. Foreign-born residents with advanced degrees start companies, create jobs, and drive innovation at an especially high rate."

It's talking about attracting people from other countries to start businesses here, creating jobs. It says nothing about those jobs going to non-citizens.

Dumb ass.

Forum List

Back