Governor McGreevey resigns

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Stating he is Gay and had an affair with another man.

This said with his wife and family standing next to him.
Too funny to be believed.............I really thought I was hearing things.

jimnyc said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :mm: :rotflmao:

It really was the most bizarre thing I have ever heard. We thougth it was going to be because of all his corruption, but no, he anounces he is a Gay American and has had an adulterous affair with another man with his wife at his side.
Truly a moment :D

Im sure the Schundler camp is overflowing with champagne right now.

gop_jeff said:
So who becomes governor now?

When are re-elections?

Jeez, the idiot taking his place looks pretty scary too!!!! I knew I was starting to hate NJ!!!!

gop_jeff said:
So who becomes governor now?

When are re-elections?

The President of the State senate. But McGreevey isnt resigning officially till after the election because if he did it now the state would elect a new governor this year and a republican would win easily.

Bonnie said:
Stating he is Gay and had an affair with another man.

This said with his wife and family standing next to him.
Too funny to be believed.............I really thought I was hearing things.

for me it came out of nowhere. i mean i knew the guy was pretty corrupt but gay too? Apparently he is doing this now because he is about to have a sexual harassment suit from some guy.

for me it came out of nowhere. i mean i knew the guy was pretty corrupt but gay too? Apparently he is doing this now because he is about to have a sexual harassment suit from some guy.

That is exactly right! I was shocked as most people were. I never expected him to say that.

I heard the statement a few minutes ago, When he announced he is a Gay - American, he was seeking exemption from his betrayal. hey! He's hyphenated! That makes him special, persecuted. We have hate crime laws to keep people from saying mean things about him.

Like he betrayed his democratic base of supporters who elected him in order to engage in adultery.

Like he betrayed the whole State the opportunity to Choose his successor by resigning today, and allowing the NJ people a chance to vote their choice, instead of timing it to insure a Democrat is heir to the office.

A-hole.

I think this guy will be gone within a month, there will be just too much outcry for him to resign.

It seems likely that a Republican will take his place, but there are some strong democrats and people may forget about this scandel if he really can hold over till November.

Either the wife really loves him or has no problem with being a prop.

Palestinian Jew said:
It seems likely that a Republican will take his place, but there are some strong democrats and people may forget about this scandel if he really can hold over till November.

Im not so sure about this. I think the people of New Jersey are starting to get fed up with all this scandal among the Democrats. the Torch, McGreevey, Corzine...people are just getting fed up with it.

I left Jersey when they elected Florio.

It's going to come out that he left because of an impending sexual harrasment suit.

I think a guy was blackmailed him for a high level position and it was going to come to light.

So McSleazy resigned, look for a petition to get a new gov. elected in Nov.

I just hope someone's keeping close tabs on OCA. Could we be held acountable for the behavior of a board member? :dunno:

Democrat4Bush said:
I left Jersey when they elected Florio.

It's going to come out that he left because of an impending sexual harrasment suit.

I think a guy was blackmailed him for a high level position and it was going to come to light.

So McSleazy resigned, look for a petition to get a new gov. elected in Nov.

Many people left he state whne Florio took office, he descimated business there, then Whitman who was still liberal but had a more pro business mentality. Business came back only to leave again when McGreevey wnet back to Florio idealogy.

I don't know about a republican in office. I have been perusing the online media channels and the overwhelming statements coming from liberals is: "our hearts go out to this man." "It is hard to be a gay american." "What a personal torment, the poor man, to be so conflicted."

I don't have all the posts, but trust me, this is what is being said within 24 hours. Let the spin begin....

The man should resign now, not only is his personal life corrupt, but sounds like his office is also corrupt. I hope the guy still brings the sexual lawsuit, wouldn't that be a hoot! ;)

Yurt said:
I don't know about a republican in office. I have been perusing the online media channels and the overwhelming statements coming from liberals is: "our hearts go out to this man." "It is hard to be a gay american." "What a personal torment, the poor man, to be so conflicted."

I don't have all the posts, but trust me, this is what is being said within 24 hours. Let the spin begin....

The man should resign now, not only is his personal life corrupt, but sounds like his office is also corrupt. I hope the guy still brings the sexual lawsuit, wouldn't that be a hoot! ;)

The best one I have heard is he admitted to being gay with pride in his voice....Okay so lets really look at this

He is married with three children, he has an affair on his wife and family, is completely corrupt in his governmental duties( the real reason he resigned) and the spin is "he was brave for coming forth" WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah he is real trooper :confused:

No way that this guy makes it to Nov. 15, when he says he'll be resigning.
This is what a friend of mine who worked in his office last year told me:

"There's way more to this story than we will ever know. Golan Cipel (the guy
bringing the lawsuit) was a total weasel. We never trusted him, and we never
understood why he was given so much power and money and 'access'. And he
definitely never seemed upset to be in NJ in the position he was in. The lawsuit is totally bogus (or that's my theory). And I also think it was brought to being by another faction of the NJ Democratic Party to oust the Gov."

How scandalous... I couldn't believe my ears either when I turned on the t.v.

nycflasher said:
No way that this guy makes it to Nov. 15, when he says he'll be resigning.
This is what a friend of mine who worked in his office last year told me:

"There's way more to this story than we will ever know. Golan Cipel (the guy
bringing the lawsuit) was a total weasel. We never trusted him, and we never
understood why he was given so much power and money and 'access'. And he
definitely never seemed upset to be in NJ in the position he was in. The lawsuit is totally bogus (or that's my theory). And I also think it was brought to being by another faction of the NJ Democratic Party to oust the Gov."

How scandalous... I couldn't believe my ears either when I turned on the t.v.

That is true, If the only problem was McGreevery's sexual orientation or his lack of marital morality he would have easily finished his term especially in NJ, but there is so much more coming down the pike he knew he couldn't survive. Im wondering if his own party pushed him out to pave the way for Corzine in 2005.

Forum List

Back