Governor Douche Bag of Illinois Latest Liberal Agenda Push - Ban the Death Penalty

Yes Illinois had trouble in the past with SOME innocent men getting executed

Stop right there. The question boils down to whether you are willing to have a system in place that can have state-sponsored murder of a innocent human being in order to satisfy some sort of "eye for a eye" mentality that was prominent as the law of the land 2,000+ years ago. Loss of even one innocent life is a price too high.

Why are conservatives, who say that the government is incompetent, put their absolute complete faith in the government to always and every time get it right in the judiciary?

Many Conservatives: Campaign against Big Government, use Big Government to kill human beings.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/05/us/05bar.html

Last fall, the American Law Institute, which created the intellectual framework for the modern capital justice system almost 50 years ago, pronounced its project a failure and walked away from it.

Instead, the institute voted in October to disavow the structure it had created “in light of the current intractable institutional and structural obstacles to ensuring a minimally adequate system for administering capital punishment.”

That last sentence contains some pretty dense lawyer talk, but it can be untangled. What the institute was saying is that the capital justice system in the United States is irretrievably broken.

A study commissioned by the institute said that decades of experience had proved that the system could not reconcile the twin goals of individualized decisions about who should be executed and systemic fairness. It added that capital punishment was plagued by racial disparities; was enormously expensive even as many defense lawyers were underpaid and some were incompetent; risked executing innocent people; and was undermined by the politics that come with judicial elections.

I wrote a paper on the Death Penalty for a class last year, the fact that such a system is still in place is a travesty.

All the people who want the death penalty abolished will have a completely different view on it if someone rapes and murders their family, than they will want to burn that man at the stake.

I remember the Paul Runge one. I cried my eyes out when I heard about the story. The animal beat them terrorized them, raped the mother in front of the daughter, raped the 10 year old daughter in front of the mother. Then he tossed gasoline on them and BURNED THEM ALIVE! I still get strong feelings recalling that story and I get flashbacks of the news story I heard over a decade ago. How can anyone argue that he deserves to continue breathing?
How could you argue he was "normal"/sane??

:eusa_eh:

Wouldn't you want....if it's possible....to avoid ANOTHER such incident??

Exactly how could we possibly ACCOMPLISH THAT....if we keep executing these examples of murderous-behavior????

Granted, if we solved this problem, you "conservatives" would have to start lobbying to burn epileptics & schizophrenics (at-the-stake) for being possessed, again....like the good ol' days....but, let's take it one-step-at-a-time.....​

Last edited:
Why are conservatives, who say that the government is incompetent, put their absolute complete faith in the government to always and every time get it right in the judiciary?
$64,000 question.

Ghook...one person wrongly killed by the government is not a "near perfect record." It is a travesty.

One innocent person sentence to natural life is a TRAVESTY, let's just get rid of the entire system. No more jail, how does that sound libtard!
It sounds like one more, typically-"conservative", easy answer.

All the people who want the death penalty abolished will have a completely different view on it if someone rapes and murders their family, than they will want to burn that man at the stake.

I remember the Paul Runge one. I cried my eyes out when I heard about the story. The animal beat them terrorized them, raped the mother in front of the daughter, raped the 10 year old daughter in front of the mother. Then he tossed gasoline on them and BURNED THEM ALIVE! I still get strong feelings recalling that story and I get flashbacks of the news story I heard over a decade ago. How can anyone argue that he deserves to continue breathing?

They don't deserve to, one thing the Muslims got right, in Saudi Arabia if someone pulls this kind of shit he would be executed out right.
Yeah...that shit, along with adultery, sexual misconduct, apostasy, blasphemy, homosexuality, drug smuggling, sedition, prostitution, witchcraft & idolatry.

Yeah.....it's a regular "conservative"-paradise, there.

Wankin.gif

So you're not arguing for innocent men, you are arguing to save the lives of brutal murders and many times child rapist. Men who would rape you're children and wife infront of you and then put a bullet in each one of your heads and think nothing about it!
....And, with all o' the various-ways such people have been executed, over the centuries....it goes on-and-on-and-on-and-on.....because execution has been the fail-safe way to deal with the problem.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

The death penalty was initially suspended in Illinois by a Republican governor.
Death Penalty Controversy

And he did for very very good reason. He did it in 2000. They worked on it over a DECADE and came up with requiring conclusive DNA evidence to even be on death row. You know the evidence that has been exonerating people!

DNA evidence is not full-proof. It will not exonerate all innocent people. If it did, there would never be a need for a trial.
Hell.....it even takes less than that......​

CWill.jpg

Cameron Willingham - Texas
Convicted: 1992, Executed: 2004

"After examining evidence from the capital prosecution of Cameron Willingham, four national arson experts have concluded that the original investigation of Willingham's case was flawed, and it is possible the fire was accidental. The independent investigation, reported by the Chicago Tribune, found that prosecutors and arson investigators used arson theories that have since been repudiated by scientific advances. Willingham was executed in 2004 in Texas despite his consistent claims of innocence. He was convicted of murdering his three children in a 1991 house fire.

Arson expert Gerald Hurst said, "There's nothing to suggest to any reasonable arson investigator that this was an arson fire. It was just a fire." Former Louisiana State University fire instructor Kendall Ryland added, "[It] made me sick to think this guy was executed based on this investigation.... They executed this guy and they've just got no idea - at least not scientifically - if he set the fire, or if the fire was even intentionally set."

Last edited by a moderator:
Death Penalty Controversy

And he did for very very good reason. He did it in 2000. They worked on it over a DECADE and came up with requiring conclusive DNA evidence to even be on death row. You know the evidence that has been exonerating people!

DNA evidence is not full-proof. It will not exonerate all innocent people. If it did, there would never be a need for a trial.

True, not even truthful eye witness testimony is fool proof. However, the DNA test must be conclusive and the bar is raised even higher.
So....even though DNA-testing is continually-improving....you'd execute, as a result o' the latest-and-greatest results?

February 2, 2011

"Television crime dramas have made it abundantly clear that DNA testing has revolutionized criminal investigations the way that fingerprinting did in its day. And the process is still evolving. The Ohio legislature enacted our state’s DNA testing statutes in 2003, and because of constantly improving testing methods, has amended them twice since then."

What could go through a mans mind and give him the idea of raping a woman and a child? is this mentall illness? or just pure evil?
Evil is a fairy-tale concept...sold by Clerics....and, swallowed by ill-educated suckers.

Reality is much-more complex than those (who are always dispensing with "easy answers") would prefer....so, they throw-out Evil, rather than committing themselves to the effort (required) to be fully-informed.​

"Additional research published in Discover Magazine on genetic research has revealed that a specific stretch of DNA along a chromosome, if mutated, may produce violent behavior. The study of a family in which ten men over five generations displayed violent behavior has led geneticists to form specific causal links. It was noted that all violent family members were male, and the trait seemed to be passed from mother to son, suggesting that the trait for aggressive behavior may be carried one the single X chromosome of males. These same researchers found that all living males who were violent had the same genetic marker and so did some of the women in the family, who would be carriers of the defect. The non-violent men in the family were not found to have the genetic marker. Researchers suspect one gene that codes for the enzyme monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) may be malfunctioning.

Further research on the biological causes of violent behavior has pointed less to a genetic link and more to brain damage that has occurred to the fetus or postnatal infant. As Adrian Raine notes in the Journal of Biological Psychiatry, murderers' brains show a significantly lower rate of glucose uptake than a healthy brain. The study, conducted by Raine and colleagues at USC and the University of California at Irvine, used positron emission tomography to scan the brains of 41 murderers who had pleaded not guilty due to reasons of insanity. This was followed by a scan of 41 brains of control subjects matched for known mental disorders, as well as for age and gender. The study showed that the murderers, on average, showed significantly lower rates of glucose uptake in three areas of the brain -- the prefrontal cortex, the corpus callosum and the posterior cortex. Their rates were four, 18 and four percentage points lower, respectively, than the rates measured in control subjects performing the same tasks. As noted by Raine, "Poor functioning of these limbic area helps explain why violent offenders fail to learn from experience and are less able to regulate their emotions." This research demonstrates a link between brain damage and criminal violence, eliminating the possibility that mental disorders alone predispose criminals to violence."

It's 2011.....and, time to bury Evil in the Dark Ages, where it belongs.....

Most civilized countries have abolished the death penalty. The US, China, Japan, and some Muslim nations still have it.

Most civilized countries have abolished the death penalty. The US, China, Japan, and some Muslim nations still have it.

There have been 17 confirmed POST CONVICTION DNA death penalty exonerations in the USA.
Average sentence served is 13 years.
That would be 17 people sentenced TO DIE THAT WERE INNOCENT.
How many BEFORE DNA TESTING is unkonwn.
And you folks favor the death penalty?:cuckoo:
70% of the innocent were identified as the perpetrator by EYE WITNESS testimony.
Eye witness testimony is one of the most unreliable forms of evidence there is.
In 40 % of the exonerations the real perpetrator was identified by DNA testing.

There have been 17 confirmed POST CONVICTION DNA death penalty exonerations in the USA.
Average sentence served is 13 years.
That would be 17 people sentenced TO DIE THAT WERE INNOCENT.
How many BEFORE DNA TESTING is unkonwn.
And you folks favor the death penalty?:cuckoo:
70% of the innocent were identified as the perpetrator by EYE WITNESS testimony.
Eye witness testimony is one of the most unreliable forms of evidence there is.
....But, the prosecutors LOVE IT (while they're fast-trackin' to the Senate).

Amazing how many so called conservatives correctly want government limited and less of it and do not trust it yet want to gove them the power to proscute someone and convict them with a death sentence.
Makes a lot of sense.

Amazing how many so called conservatives correctly want government limited and less of it and do not trust it yet want to gove them the power to proscute someone and convict them with a death sentence.
Makes a lot of sense.
Hey....you know how risky it can be....getting too-Progressive, and straying from the Status Quo.

Hell.....you might make a mistake!​

Governor Douche Bag of Illinois Latest Liberal Agenda Push - Ban the Death Penalty

Get on I-55 and head south. Eventually you'll find Texas, where they don't appear to give a shit if they wrongfully execute a couple of people.

Get on I-55 and head south. Eventually you'll find Texas, where they don't appear to give a shit if they wrongfully execute a couple of people.
I'm thinkin', "conservatives'" preference (for The Death Penalty) is a direct-extension of their whole Absolutes-trip. They make it all-too-obvious that their #1 Absolute is that all our lives are preordained; that perfect-excuse for any-and-all fuck-ups. How can anyone be expected to atone for their mistakes, if God had already scripted their Life?.

"conservatives" have always insisted The Death Penalty is a deterrent....even though that's been dispelled (by them, there evil Facts). If they were to admit that Absolute was incorrect, they might....or, should....reconsider ALL o' their Absolutes....and, you know what that could lead to!! They'd have to consider the possibility there ARE no Absolutes, and....by extension....(possibly) no GOD!!! Worse than THAT (even)...they'd be facing the fact....if there are no Absolutes....they'd have to (actually) start thinking for themselves...and, (actually) putting themselves in other-peoples' places!!!!!

FUCK!!! It might also seem WRONG, to be a sadistic, overbearing BULLY!!!

:eek:

Instead....they prefer to institutionalize killing other people....guilty, OR innocent....'cause that's the way God planned it.

(Besides....it really is kinda cool, having the The Divine Right to decide who lives....and, who dies....'specially if they ain't White.)​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back