Governor Christie goes on the attack

Gov Christie (and the mayor of NY) showed great leadership during this crisis and I am sure President Obama appreciates that. If they had dropped the ball, like in LA, he might have been put in the same position as Pres. Bush.

They each have roles to play and people to serve. Partisan politics has no place in that. The victims of Irene deserve equal treatment regardless of how they vote. Why is that such a difficult concept?

Bush put Bush in that position by putting Brownie in charge.

Well considering VA was also hit by Irene, and the damage isn't that much, I'm not sure why anyone "needs" federal funding.

are states taxed by the Fed so heavily that they are no longer trying to be self-reliant?

Well considering VA was also hit by Irene, and the damage isn't that much, I'm not sure why anyone "needs" federal funding.

are states taxed by the Fed so heavily that they are no longer trying to be self-reliant?

Try Google. Use the words "Irene and flooding". Then look up why flooding isn't covered by most insurance companies.

Local and state governments will look to the feds for assistance. That is their responsibility, but make no mistake, the citizens of those affected areas will be picking up a good portion of the tab as well. And I am sure that the good people of the northeast contributed manpower and money to victims of other natural disasters. I'd be curious to see if they reciprocate. Will Hollywood be pitching in?

Try Google. Use the words "Irene and flooding". Then look up why flooding isn't covered by most insurance companies.

Flooding isn't covered by any ins companies.

That's stricltly covered by the government. Sure you can get the rider added at an ins co, but the Fed covers it all.

Yes, that means you, me and everyone else is paying so people get to have their beach homes replaced.

Learn it and love it.:lol:

We pay 578 a year for flood ins. and have never made a claim. I don't see why it needs to be subsidized by everyone else.

And TT, very few, if any, beach homes will need to be replaced. The worst damage is in N Jersey from overflowing rivers. I believe the President was visiting today.

obama_christie--300x300.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Gov Christie (and the mayor of NY) showed great leadership during this crisis and I am sure President Obama appreciates that. If they had dropped the ball, like in LA, he might have been put in the same position as Pres. Bush.

They each have roles to play and people to serve. Partisan politics has no place in that. The victims of Irene deserve equal treatment regardless of how they vote. Why is that such a difficult concept?

Stop being so sane! This isn't the time for sanity, this is the time for mindless partisan outrage!

I support Governor Christie's pleas to Congress in the behalf of his state's residents. Vermont isn't so lucky. They had massive damage to already poor roads and bridges.
Hurricane Irene may have been an alleged "tropical depression", but it hit at the very worst time for our fellow Americans in the NorthEast, and left a death toll of 43 in her wake. Just in New York, thousands of trees were uprooted as they were in a dozen states on Irene's path. Not only that, but guess what, my avid storm watchers. Katia has just become reclassified as a hurricane again, is going at the rate of 14 mph and could follow Irene's path give or take a few miles, they're thinking.

Good grief. I'm looking out my window toward the east, and from the smoke, I know there is a tremendous fire out there somewhere in drought-ravaged East Texas.

I watched a 2.5-day huge cloud pass over us on the weekend, and it didn't spill one drop of water here where I have a full-view front row seat to looking at a hundred trees on surrounding neighbors with trees dead and dying on all four sides of my land's pastures. I'm still blessed to see little birds and animals hopping on the shores of our small lake out back. It's 7 feet down, and instead of being nearly 3 acres, it's down to about an acre and a half, I'm estimating. It's not a happy sight.

Nature has us all behind her cue this year. When we act like extremists, we are reminded Mother Nature is sounding a lot like my mother would've could she see us squabbling now, "Extreme? I'll show ya extreme!!!" At that point, you were wondering if it was bend over and touch your ankles or no dessert tonight.

Let's show some support for our New Jersey residents whose governor is the greatest guy for standing up for his constituents who took a ravaging poke from Poseidon, who doesn't seem to be finished with them yet.

You go there, Gov. Christie. This Republican supports your state's dear and deserving fellow Americans.

Forum List

Back