Governor Christie goes on the attack

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Gov. Chris Christie got it exactly right Tuesday when he told members of his own party in Washington to stop squabbling and send aid to the victims of Hurricane Irene right away. It was a dose of common sense that this discussion sorely needed, delivered right between the eyes.

Christie was responding to the demand from Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.), the House majority leader, that any relief offered to victims of the hurricane be offset by spending cuts in other parts of the budget.

“Nobody was asking about offsetting budget cuts in Joplin (Mo., following a May tornado),” Christie said during a visit to Lincoln Park. “And I don’t want to hear about the fact that offsetting budget cuts have to come first, before New Jersey citizens are taken care of.”

Gov Chris Christie to Republicans: Don't stiff NJ on Hurricane Irene relief | NJ.com

I wonder. Even though Christie is a Republican, New Jersey is still perceived as a blue state. :eusa_eh:

You know...one has to expect that when one DECLARES WAR ON GOVERNMENT, that sooner or later what that means is this:

Things that we expect our government to do STOP working very well.

Why is anyone surprised that the very people who openly tell us of their CONTEMPT for government are also telling us of their contempt for the people who need that government?

You can't have it both ways kids.

If we dismantle government expecting it to be there when we need its help is sort of silly.

You know...one has to expect that when one DECLARES WAR ON GOVERNMENT, that sooner or later what that means is this:

Why is anyone surprised that the very people who openly tell us of their CONTEMPT for government are also telling us of their contempt for the people who need that government?

If we dismantle government expecting it to be there when we need its help is sort of silly.

Let me - again - try and explain the fucking obvious to the terminally stupid:

It is not about having "CONTEMPT" for Government. It is about having contempt for a FEDERAL Government overreaching its original remit.

Now.... try and follow this very, very basic logic:

If the federal government would stop overspending, there would be more money at a local level so they would not need to ask the federal government to help.

Not fucking rocket science.

What is beyond my comprehension is why that simple concept is seemingly so far above the intellectual capacity of so many on the left.

Gov. Chris Christie got it exactly right Tuesday when he told members of his own party in Washington to stop squabbling and send aid to the victims of Hurricane Irene right away. It was a dose of common sense that this discussion sorely needed, delivered right between the eyes.

Christie was responding to the demand from Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.), the House majority leader, that any relief offered to victims of the hurricane be offset by spending cuts in other parts of the budget.

“Nobody was asking about offsetting budget cuts in Joplin (Mo., following a May tornado),” Christie said during a visit to Lincoln Park. “And I don’t want to hear about the fact that offsetting budget cuts have to come first, before New Jersey citizens are taken care of.”

Gov Chris Christie to Republicans: Don't stiff NJ on Hurricane Irene relief | NJ.com

I wonder. Even though Christie is a Republican, New Jersey is still perceived as a blue state. :eusa_eh:

the republicans elected and electable in new jersey, at least for the big jobs, tend not to be braindead rightwingnut ideologues...

Sorry bout that,

1. Christie is a RINO, and yes NJ is a blue state, bunch of cry baby *Liberal Muckity Mucks* globing up the USA.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Let me - again - try and explain the fucking obvious to the terminally stupid:

It is not about having "CONTEMPT" for Government. It is about having contempt for a FEDERAL Government overreaching its original remit.

Now.... try and follow this very, very basic logic:

VI4vp.SlMa.91.jpg

They learned hostage taking works when they held unemployment benefits for millions of Americans victimized by Republican economic policy hostage in exchange for tax cuts for billionaires. The Republican base suffers with the rest of America, but their corporate masters convinced them they "won". Go figure.

Sorry bout that,

1. Christie is a RINO, and yes NJ is a blue state, bunch of cry baby *Liberal Muckity Mucks* globing up the USA.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

How long until Christie is called a RINO?

Sorry about that,

1. I should have kept reading, as apparently I already have my answer

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WoW!!! You called it and didn't even know it.

Remember it was mere months ago that he was the RW, CONservative god.

These RWers are certified insane lunatics.

Strange how you suddenly like the man when he agrees with you.

Another thing one has to expect.

When one declares that the government is responsible for everything, it will fuck everything up. The only people that expect the government to do anything well, including the things that it actually should do well, are people that have never dealt with the government.

Why is anyone who has managed to get through life to the point where they can use a computer surprised when the government screws up?

The only people here who have contempt for the people of New Jersey are the ones who think that Christie is a rich fat Republican. The man has been arguing since he was elected that the state does not have enough money, yet you want to turn him saying they need help into a condemnation of people who want the government to spend less money.

News flash, asshole, he has been waging war on the G=government of New Jersey, teachers unions, and public employees who expect something for nothing for years. That makes him, if we are to accept your idiotic worldview, one of the people who have contempt for people that need the government,

Why are you surprised everyone despises you?

the republicans elected and electable in new jersey, at least for the big jobs, tend not to be braindead rightwingnut ideologues...

That explains why you have never been elected to a bog job in New Jersey.

heh, I just found it interesting that the rethugs want to punish a blue state.

I find it interesting that you think anyone wants to punish New Jersey. There is no question that Congress will pass a spending bill to give the state some money, and only a complete idiot would even try to argue otherwise. Before you try to quote Cantor about this, be advised that his only comment was that he will insist that there be equal cuts somewhere else.

In other words, he wants to make sure that any repairs New Jersey gets come from the budget of some red state somewhere that already gets more money than it deserves.

:eusa_whistle:

Another thing one has to expect.

When one declares that the government is responsible for everything, it will fuck everything up. The only people that expect the government to do anything well, including the things that it actually should do well, are people that have never dealt with the government.

Why is anyone who has managed to get through life to the point where they can use a computer surprised when the government screws up?

The only people here who have contempt for the people of New Jersey are the ones who think that Christie is a rich fat Republican. The man has been arguing since he was elected that the state does not have enough money, yet you want to turn him saying they need help into a condemnation of people who want the government to spend less money.

News flash, asshole, he has been waging war on the G=government of New Jersey, teachers unions, and public employees who expect something for nothing for years. That makes him, if we are to accept your idiotic worldview, one of the people who have contempt for people that need the government,

Why are you surprised everyone despises you?

Haven't you noticed that every time government screws up, a Republican just got elected into office?

Christie IS a "rich fat Republican". Apparently, he just attacked Republican policies the way he attacked that ham sandwich.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You can tell NJ is a blue state because they pay more to the federal government than they get back. That's pretty typical of blue states.

It's the red states that aren't holding up their end.

Gov Christie (and the mayor of NY) showed great leadership during this crisis and I am sure President Obama appreciates that. If they had dropped the ball, like in LA, he might have been put in the same position as Pres. Bush.

They each have roles to play and people to serve. Partisan politics has no place in that. The victims of Irene deserve equal treatment regardless of how they vote. Why is that such a difficult concept?

Forum List

Back