Government Workers Gone Wild...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Issa: Obama administration knew for 11 months about lavish Vegas conference

Officials with the federal agency now under congressional investigation over a lavish conference were captured on camera joking about the expense at the summit's "capstone" event in October 2010.

One official joked about how much was spent at a party hosted by the agency's commissioner. Another employee, in a mock music video, even sang about how he'd "never be under OIG investigation."

OIG stands for Office of Inspector General -- the office that earlier this week released a bombshell report that triggered firings at the agency that held the conference. The report found the Public Buildings Service, part of the General Services Administration, spent more than $820,000 on the meeting near Las Vegas in 2010.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=karcOeSOPbo]GSA Videos Mock Taxpayers - 4/5/12 - YouTube[/ame]

Read more: Issa: Obama Administration Knew For 11 Months About Lavish Vegas Conference | Fox News

It makes you wonder....how can anyone be so stupid in today's world? They video taped they time there, along with the RAP video, bragging about what they were doing...and it took 2 years to come out???? This is disgusting...

Officials with the federal agency now under congressional investigation over a lavish conference were captured on camera joking about the expense at the summit's "capstone" event in October 2010.

One official joked about how much was spent at a party hosted by the agency's commissioner. Another employee, in a mock music video, even sang about how he'd "never be under OIG investigation."

OIG stands for Office of Inspector General -- the office that earlier this week released a bombshell report that triggered firings at the agency that held the conference. The report found the Public Buildings Service, part of the General Services Administration, spent more than $820,000 on the meeting near Las Vegas in 2010.

GSA Videos Mock Taxpayers - 4/5/12 - YouTube

Read more: Issa: Obama Administration Knew For 11 Months About Lavish Vegas Conference | Fox News

The more things change the more they stay the same.This is a nice little example of why I cringe at the thought of giving government more money they will always find a way to waste it this is neither new or confined to one party and that is the most depressing part.

The more things change the more they stay the same.This is a nice little example of why I cringe at the thought of giving government more money they will always find a way to waste it this is neither new or confined to one party and that is the most depressing part.

Just another example that big government just doesn't work. It is another excuse to sped the tax payers money.

We stand side by side on this ridiculous spending, paulitician. Kumbaya my brother! Let that warp your twisted little mind!

This is an example of Obama's people in action where they got put in charge of large organizations based on being some minority (a woman in this case) or some big donor to his political campaign. Then these idiots try to act like leaders by wasting taxpayer money to make sure their lemmings follow and like them.

Of course, in the video you notice a bunch of non-white males which is typical of these backdoor cushy Govt jobs where filling in the right box on the application gets you hired, not actually being smart and doing a good job. These are just like the lazy ass Post Office workers you see staring at you from their break when you stand in line, you can't fire them since they will go to the EEO.

Last edited:
This is an example of Obama's people in action where they got put in charge of large organizations based on being some minority (a woman in this case) or some big donor to his political campaign. Then these idiots try to act like leaders by wasting taxpayer money to make sure their lemmings follow and like them.

Of course, in the video you notice a bunch of non-white males which is typical of these backdoor cushy Govt jobs where filling in the right box on the application gets you hired, not actually being smart and doing a good job. These are just like the lazy ass Post Office workers you see staring at you from their break when you stand in line, you can't fire them since they will go to the EEO.

Ohhhhhh wowwwwwwwwww.

You got the "black people are lazy" angle down to a science.

Last edited:
We stand side by side on this ridiculous spending, paulitician. Kumbaya my brother! Let that warp your twisted little mind!

Sounds a bit like a backhanded compliment. But i'm still glad we can agree on this. :)

Sounds a bit like a backhanded compliment. But i'm still glad we can agree on this. :)

I meant it that way because you made indication that liberals are just fine with this kind of stupid spending. A brush larger than the canvas.

Ohhhhhh wowwwwwwwwww.

You got the "black people are lazy" angle down to a science.

I'm sure he's "White and Delightsome"...

You consider it wasteful to investigate government waste?

I think before we go all hysterical about this conference, I'd like to get a few questions answered.

What was the purpose of this conference?

How many people attended?

How long was it for?

The reason I ask is that I recently went for a week long training at our Cleveland office, and when I submitted my expenses, it came to about $1300.00 for six days at the cheapest hotel I could find and a rental car for a week and modest meals. I have to assume the company's outlay was a couple hundred dollars on top of what I spent.

So when they talk about a "Lavish" conference, I have to ask how "lavish" it was.

I'm all for stamping out government waste, absolutely. But let's actually get some facts here.

I think before we go all hysterical about this conference, I'd like to get a few questions answered.

What was the purpose of this conference?

How many people attended?

How long was it for?

The reason I ask is that I recently went for a week long training at our Cleveland office, and when I submitted my expenses, it came to about $1300.00 for six days at the cheapest hotel I could find and a rental car for a week and modest meals. I have to assume the company's outlay was a couple hundred dollars on top of what I spent.

So when they talk about a "Lavish" conference, I have to ask how "lavish" it was.

I'm all for stamping out government waste, absolutely. But let's actually get some facts here.

Facts? None needed.

Its government. Government=bad. Obama=bad

Hell...that ain't nuthin! After Bush, Bernanke and Paulson handed the banks $870 billion of taxpayer's money they kept holding conferences at lavish resorts, flying to them in bank owned jets and stopped making loans which was the intended purpose of handing them the money in the first place.

Forum List

Back