Government will force electric cars to make noise!!

Electric cars are eerily quiet — and US regulators are worried this could make them dangerous

OMG....damn near pissed my shorts when I saw this story!!

As it is, car companies can't sell these st00pid cars....now they are going to install speakers that will sound like a flock of geese taking off so pedestrians can hear them coming!! That should really ramp up sales #'s!!!:hello77:

@www.whosnotwinning.com

:th_smileysw2wqa:

So, if you are a blind person trying to cross a street, you're all for electric cars being dead silent so that the person has no idea a car is coming his way?

That’s why we have signal lights.

Guess you missed the part about the person being blind. And, not all cross walk signs are equipped with the beeping mechanism that helps the blind.

Get a dog.

Electric cars are eerily quiet — and US regulators are worried this could make them dangerous

As it is, car companies can't sell these st00pid cars....now they are going to install speakers that will sound like a flock of geese taking off so pedestrians can hear them coming!! That should really ramp up sales #'s!!!:hello77:

@www.whosnotwinning.com

So, if you are a blind person trying to cross a street, you're all for electric cars being dead silent so that the person has no idea a car is coming his way?

Hey, I still ride a bicycle for exercise, and sometimes those things will sneak up on me and scare the crap out of me. Normally? I can hear the cars coming up behind me, but electrics can sometimes surprise me when they pass.

Yes, I think making them make some kind of sound when they go by is a good one.

Personally, I like the idea of making them sound like a '69 GTO with a 400 6-pack and 3/4 cam in it! You know, just like the gas guzzer it was meant to replace. You gotta have a sense of humor in this world.

Second option, the sound of baseball cards in bike spokes.

I like both those options.

Along with making electric cars sound like a muscle car, they need to have an eccentric flywheel under the hood that makes the car shake up and down like a cammed engine too. And put out the smell of partially burned hydrocarbons. That way the car is truly environmentally friendly, but without giving up those true car experiences my generation who built street rods crave in an automobile! For a little extra, it could even give the throaty sound of a Holley double pumper opened up wide when you got on it too.

@www.whosnotwinning.com

Hey, I still ride a bicycle for exercise, and sometimes those things will sneak up on me and scare the crap out of me. Normally? I can hear the cars coming up behind me, but electrics can sometimes surprise me when they pass.

Personally, I like the idea of making them sound like a '69 GTO with a 400 6-pack and 3/4 cam in it! You know, just like the gas guzzer it was meant to replace. You gotta have a sense of humor in this world.

Along with making electric cars sound like a muscle car, they need to have an eccentric flywheel under the hood that makes the car shake up and down like a cammed engine too. And put out the smell of partially burned hydrocarbons. That way the car is truly environmentally friendly, but without giving up those true car experiences my generation who built street rods crave in an automobile! For a little extra, it could even give the throaty sound of a Holley double pumper opened up wide when you got on it too.

Ghey

You couldn't pay most American men to drive an EV. Most progressives couldn't possibly understand the dynamic.

@www.whosnotwinning.com

Last thing in the world that I would want. Been there, done that. And when I am driving from Portland to the Dakotas, the last thing I want to do is to arrive there deaf.

Ghey

You couldn't pay most American men to drive an EV. Most progressives couldn't possibly understand the dynamic.
LOL. I bet that Musk sells every Roadster 2 that he builds. And they will blow away any and all of the ICE's. And the people will be making fun of the pussy boys in their noisy rigs that are all hat and no cattle, that cannot even stay in site of the luxury S, let alone a Roadster 2.

Like the automated passenger train that didn’t slow down for the curve in Seattle and killed those people?

It was not automated. There was an engineer driving the train and there was no automated speed control on the line. The train was traveling at 80 mph whereas the speed limit was 30 for that particular curve. The engineer never initiated the brakes.

One thing that I didn't know about was the terrain that the train was traveling in. Seems that in the section where the engineer was supposed to start slowing down was also on a slight downhill grade, which means that stopping the train is going to be a bit harder than if it was on level ground. All that weight, pushing slightly downhill has to be hard on the brakes.

And, it doesn't help much that the engineer wasn't paying attention. That is why we need that automated system put on all trains.

ONE crash and you demand to spend how many billions on ALL trains? Then it is safe to assume that you strongly support building the "wall" and defending our borders.

@www.whosnotwinning.com

That’s why we have signal lights.

Perhaps next time you will think before you post. President Lincoln has a quote for you.

“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”

@www.whosnotwinning.com

I vote for the Jetsons car sound.

LMAO

How about THIS >>>

I have to vote for the Jetsons sounds too... Sorry..

I own that car! I bought it used for $1,500 in 1970. '66 Goat, totally rebuilt now. A loud Harley too, although much, much newer.

i-PLWRgVP-Th.jpg

i-HcCtnWN-S.jpg

Electric cars are stupid, but if they must be on the road with the rest of us, I agree that they need to make some noise. I damned near got run over by one last week in a parking lot...never heard a thing....not that my ears are so great any more...one to many concerts in the 70's. Mostly, I hear tree frogs and crickets...luckily I like the sound of tree frogs and crickets. Drowns out unpleasant background noise very well.

@www.whosnotwinning.com

Need just baseball cards in the spokes ..

:)

Hate to think of all the money I put in my spokes back in the 50's through the mid 60's...Mickey Mantle cards...Nolan Ryan rookie cards...Johnny Bench...and who knows what else. Sure did sound good though.

@www.whosnotwinning.com

Hate to think of all the money I put in my spokes back in the 50's through the mid 60's...Mickey Mantle cards...Nolan Ryan rookie cards...Johnny Bench...and who knows what else. Sure did sound good though.

Oh man.... same here. Who knew we were flipping gold?

@www.whosnotwinning.com

Yea but what was better the gold or the memories ?

@www.whosnotwinning.com

Yea but what was better the gold or the memories ?

Well said.... remember the thrill one you'd flip and nobody would win for a while and you'd end up with a stack of cards like 3 inches high! Just awesome! Of course you'd end up with four copies of an Art Shamsky card!!

The news in the OP is great!

As a pedestrian, I want to know if an electric car is bearing down on me.

This news reminded me of something that I learned by watching "Friends." Ross said that gas is odorless, so they put that smell in it so that people know about its presence.

Forum List

Back