"Government Waste" Surges to almost $100 billion per year

$100b ?

Low ball figure at best.

The government IS waste.

$1.5 trillion estimated by the GAO in 2004 by the Pentagon alone. That number is undoubtedly higher since the DoD is the only agency whose books are so fucked up it is inauditable. David Walker simply gave up at $1.5 trillion.

Govt has no problem wasting taxpayer dollars. They are the kings in that department. Anyone thinks that will change is livin in la la land. Won't matter who's in the WH.

It was Independent Conservatives and moderate Republicans who voted Republicans out on their ass in 2006.

It now appears likely they will do the same with the Democrats in 2010 as it has already started in 2009...

What is the yearly federal budget?

I would estimate about half that to be "waste".

As one poster already stated - government is waste. I don't agree with that entire premise, but its intent is correct. Such waste, year after year after year - and getting increasingly worse of late...

Q. What is the yearly federal budget?

A. Budget of the United States Government: Browse

Ahhh.. but don't forget the spending that is not on the 'budget' books... intergovernmental spending (you know... the place where more true spending is hidden.. sometimes to claim a mythical surplus)... plenty of waste there too

Really? Well, do as I did and post a link. Evidence first, then opinion - don't you agree?

Govt has no problem wasting taxpayer dollars. They are the kings in that department. Anyone thinks that will change is livin in la la land. Won't matter who's in the WH.

So? If nihilism is your thing, why waste your time on this message board? Seems to me your post reflects someone who actually lives in "la la land"; a region usually teated with psychoactive medication.

It was Independent Conservatives and moderate Republicans who voted Republicans out on their ass in 2006.

It now appears likely they will do the same with the Democrats in 2010 as it has already started in 2009...

YEP. And it is the SAME ones whom are watching and agreeing with the stance of FIERCE Independence of Sarah Palin, and millions of Americans of like mind...

yep SIN and T , and you stupid fuckers wonder why you lost the last time < LOL , go Sarah go

YEP. And it is the SAME ones whom are watching and agreeing with the stance of FIERCE Independence of Sarah Palin, and millions of Americans of like mind...

Palin certainly appears to be the primary voice for the anti-Big Government movement that is clearly growing every day in this country.

Whether or not she will actually become its leader remains to be seen...

Palin certainly appears to be the primary voice for the anti-Big Government movement that is clearly growing every day in this country.

I *DOUBT* She will run, but she blazes the trail for another...and whom that is? *I cannot say*

I'm excited. I can't wait to see Republicans actually DO something for a change. But I suspect I'll soon digress from my optimism...

I *DOUBT* She will run, but she blazes the trail for another...and whom that is? *I cannot say*

It is quite likely nobody will emerge - and thus, the Republicans will squander an opportunity to regain some semblance of power and purpose...

Well, Sinatra, since you once again think your posting is so utterly profound that it needs a bump from you, I'll ask a few questions:

Conservatives constantly yelp that the economy is all about JOBS JOBS JOBS, and criticize the OA of doing nothing to create JOBS JOBS JOBS!!! So, how would Republicans create jobs? Tax cuts like the BA did? How'd that work out for ya? Wages remained stagnant, benefits were cut or abolished entirely, good jobs shipped overseas, and highly skilled jobs imported from India so businesses could benefit from even greater profit by paying less money than they would have to pay Americans for the same work. Big Wall Street investors who enjoyed windfalls due to tax cuts simply invested overseas, not here. So much for trickle down.

How would conservatives spend down the budget in order to attack the deficit? Which programs would they cut or eliminate that would assure their reelection?

How would another Republican leadership now handle Afghanistan? More troops in order to "win" what? Like the Iraqis, the Afghans are NOT our "enemy." Al-Qaeda has moved next door; the Taliban tribes don't want a central government, especially a corrupt one.

I'll wait until she starts answering the tough questions, thank you. You don't get to be president just because you've got a nice ass.

Forum List

Back