"Government Waste" Surges to almost $100 billion per year

hey, err... *ahem*

the 100 mil was LAST YEAR,

when Bush was president...

moron.

from your own article:

That's Haliburton and Blackwater, ijit. :cuckoo:

a mind is a terrible thing to waste. maybe if you get some oxygen??

I don;t care which Prez it is under... or which party run congress... it is wasteful spending that needs to be done away with

And BTW.. not all monies paid to places such as Haliburton are 'wasteful' or improper.. they do perform legit jobs

Don't bother with her - just more BOOOOSHHHHH deflection attempts.

The Democrat Congress is wrapping up its third year of total control - and the Obama White House its first year of control. 2009 wasteful spending was on their watch, and at this pace we are looking at a TRILLION dollars wasted every ten years - nobody who actually cares for America can condone that.

Democrats - Republicans - they have all played a part. It just so happens that under the current reign of these Democrats, including Obama, government waste is now reaching all new sickening levels...

don't bother with *me*, freak?

s'matter honey, you don't like being shown up for the brain dead liar you are.

:cool:

and don't try to backtrack now and talk about how it's "all" politicians --

go look at your article.. and go look at your thread title which falsifies and misprepresents what the article says.

damn, you're pathetic.

and for the record, DD and I get along just fine...

Last edited:
Good God these Democrats are killing the nation even faster than the incompetent Republicans of the Bush era could manage...

___

Federal ‘improper spending’ surges to $98bn
By Sarah O’Connor in Washington

Published: November 18 2009 04:40 | Last updated: November 18 2009 04:40

The US government wasted almost $100bn in tax dollars in fiscal 2009 – more than a third more than the year before – prompting the White House to pledge a crackdown on fraud and mistakes in federal spending.

So-called “improper payments” by government agencies to individuals, organizations and contractors surged from $72bn in 2008 to $98bn in 2009; 5 per cent of total outlays. The Obama administration’s critics are likely to seize on the figures as support for their argument that the government has spent too much with little to show for it, especially at a time of record budget deficits.

FT.com / US / Politics & Foreign policy - Federal ‘improper spending’ surges to $98bn

:eusa_whistle:

I don;t care which Prez it is under... or which party run congress... it is wasteful spending that needs to be done away with

And BTW.. not all monies paid to places such as Haliburton are 'wasteful' or improper.. they do perform legit jobs

I agree, DD. But my comments were in response to the fallacious and disingenuous thread title.

As for Haliburton, I have always felt that there was no reason to pay contractors $1,000 a day for jobs our military personnel are equipped to do. As for Blackwater, same thing, plus there was no accountability, unlike with our military.

from a purely fiscal pov, I'd have to see that there was reason to use contractors before i'd agree it was/is an appropriate expenditure.

Good God these Democrats are killing the nation even faster than the incompetent Republicans of the Bush era could manage...

___

Federal ‘improper spending’ surges to $98bn
By Sarah O’Connor in Washington

Published: November 18 2009 04:40 | Last updated: November 18 2009 04:40

The US government wasted almost $100bn in tax dollars in fiscal 2009 – more than a third more than the year before – prompting the White House to pledge a crackdown on fraud and mistakes in federal spending.

So-called “improper payments” by government agencies to individuals, organizations and contractors surged from $72bn in 2008 to $98bn in 2009; 5 per cent of total outlays. The Obama administration’s critics are likely to seize on the figures as support for their argument that the government has spent too much with little to show for it, especially at a time of record budget deficits.

FT.com / US / Politics & Foreign policy - Federal ‘improper spending’ surges to $98bn

:eusa_whistle:

I agree, DD. But my comments were in response to the fallacious and disingenuous thread title.

As for Haliburton, I have always felt that there was no reason to pay contractors $1,000 a day for jobs our military personnel are equipped to do. As for Blackwater, same thing, plus there was no accountability, unlike with our military.

from a purely fiscal pov, I'd have to see that there was reason to use contractors before i'd agree it was/is an appropriate expenditure.

No bid contractors at that.

As far back as I can remember the right has ran on smaller government. But it has grown under the leadership of both parties.

As far back as I can remember the right has ran on smaller government. But it has grown under the leadership of both parties.

True enough - so fight the fight before you NOW - the Obama-Pelosi-Reid Democrats are taking government growth to an entirely new level...

Ahhh... but with a cut down (in size) military (thanks to previous Presidents, some of which I experienced first hand during my service) it is not the most efficient to have the military do every job in the war/combat zones... companies like Haliburton are very good at what they provide in these situation... it's not like WWII with the massive amounts of troops we had for use in all types of ways

As for accountability.. that is blown more out of proportion by a sensation driven media.... if you actually had any experience with groups such as this, you would know much different

Ahhh... but with a cut down (in size) military (thanks to previous Presidents, some of which I experienced first hand during my service) it is not the most efficient to have the military do every job in the war/combat zones... companies like Haliburton are very good at what they provide in these situation... it's not like WWII with the massive amounts of troops we had for use in all types of ways

As for accountability.. that is blown more out of proportion by a sensation driven media.... if you actually had any experience with groups such as this, you would know much different

Well said.

True enough - so fight the fight before you NOW - the Obama-Pelosi-Reid Democrats are taking government growth to an entirely new level...

And this is different from their predecessors in what way?

That's it? I'm pretty sure they've wasted much more than that.

I thought we were around 1 to 2 trillion dollars in waste.

What is the yearly federal budget?

I would estimate about half that to be "waste".

As one poster already stated - government is waste. I don't agree with that entire premise, but its intent is correct. Such waste, year after year after year - and getting increasingly worse of late...

That's it? I'm pretty sure they've wasted much more than that.

As one poster already stated - government is waste. I don't agree with that entire premise, but its intent is correct. Such waste, year after year after year - and getting increasingly worse of late...

Q. What is the yearly federal budget?

A. Budget of the United States Government: Browse

Q. What is the yearly federal budget?

A. Budget of the United States Government: Browse

Ahhh.. but don't forget the spending that is not on the 'budget' books... intergovernmental spending (you know... the place where more true spending is hidden.. sometimes to claim a mythical surplus)... plenty of waste there too

hey, err... *ahem*

the 100 mil was LAST YEAR,

when Bush was president...

moron.

from your own article:

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe reports: The Obama administration Tuesday vowed to crack down on government waste after announcing that last year the government made almost $100 billion in improper payments to individuals, organizations, and contractors.

That's Haliburton and Blackwater, ijit. :cuckoo:

a mind is a terrible thing to waste. maybe if you get some oxygen??

Pesky facts always get in the way of herd mentality. Watch as this thread continues with the pile-on that this too is all Obama's fault. Pathetic.

And that's not counting welfare.. spending for pig shit smell research... spending on piss art... etc

The number just grows from there on ACTUAL wasteful government spending

Indeed - such rampant waste every year.

And imagine the waste produced with gov-run healthcare.

The breaking point of the American public is nearing...

You are SO right about that!

When will Republicans/Conservatives start taking responsibility for THEIR part in the breaking point? It's fine to go around shouting that you never supported Bush, that you were 'always' a conservative and hated his spending too, but you obviously sat on your fat asses and did nothing about it then. Now that the deep wounds have festered into a cancer, it's never YOUR FAULT. Poor babies, you just sat on the sidelines and either cheered Bush and his minions on or scratched your asses and boo-hoo'd over all the shit that went down for six fucking years.

Forum List

Back