Government to Sell GM Stock at a Big Loss

usmcstinger

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2011
The ( US Government )deal negotiated with GM for the 200 million shares will cut the U.S. stake to 19% but raise the price needed to break even on the remaining 300 million government shares to nearly $70.But the likely loss of billions of dollars by the time all government stock is sold off – at the $27.50 share price, the ultimate loss would amount to around $12.75 billion – will continue to fuel debate.
GM buys back stock; taxpayers may lose billions - Business on NBCNews.com

The House of Representatives should hold hearings with The Secretary of the Treasury ( Tim Geithner ) to explain this $12.75 Billion Government Loss. This loss will increase our National Debt and will be payed for by the Citizens of this nation.

The ( US Government )deal negotiated with GM for the 200 million shares will cut the U.S. stake to 19% but raise the price needed to break even on the remaining 300 million government shares to nearly $70.But the likely loss of billions of dollars by the time all government stock is sold off – at the $27.50 share price, the ultimate loss would amount to around $12.75 billion – will continue to fuel debate.

The House of Representatives should hold hearings with The Secretary of the Treasury ( Tim Geithner ) to explain this $12.75 Billion Government Loss. This loss will increase our National Debt and will be payed for by the Citizens of this nation.

I notice you missed the word 'may'.

Why would we sell at a loss? We can just hold the stock until the price increases.

The chance of GM Stock reaching a break even price of $70 a share could take up to ten years(and that is conservative estimate) . The current price is $27.29 a share. You can blame Tim Geithner for taking shares of GM instead of making them pay us back in cash. Any person with half a brain new this was not the smartest thing to do.

I notice you missed the word 'may'.

likely loss of billions of dollars is more to the point, stupid one.

GM keeps losing money

No fuckin way! obama saved the "auto industry". What a wasted fuck

I had no input on this GM Bailout of Obama's.
No one asked me shit - they just bailed these cocksuckers out.
Ford, Toyota, etc. - didn't ask for shit.
So where's my refund, Obama? My check??

You're moving more of my fucking money around now without asking me, the tens of millions of taxpayers for our opinion?

Your stupid ass should be tried, impeached.

You're moving more of my fucking money around now without asking me, the tens of millions of taxpayers for our opinion?

He should of never been re-elected with his horrible record...doesn't speak well for the people in this country

Ford got a few billion.. Maybe 6 or 9? But they actually paid that shit back. Fuck obama and G.M.

I guess giving billions to our enemies are not enough. Now we are giving 12 billion+ to companies moving out of the country. Speaking of that, i'm still waiting on FIAT to come back and say they are moving to China :) (now the election is over)

Why would we sell at a loss? We can just hold the stock until the price increases.

Its "saving" the auto industry

It will end up increasing our debt and we will be taxed to pay for it.
Wow. 12.75 Billion. About two months in Iraq. I bet you were complaining about that to, eh. So, we shall see. Last guess was $35Bk, so it is going down. So, about $10K per job saved. And they ae all paying taxes. I would say a hell of a bargain.

Ford got a few billion.. Maybe 6 or 9? But they actually paid that shit back. Fuck obama and G.M.
Wow. Combined IQ of you two what, probably 96?

I would say a hell of a bargain.

compared to what?? A normal bankruptcy for GM would have made them leaner and better and gotten rid of the high priced liberal unions. They are losing share here every day and making no money so we really bailed out a company that is making all its profit in China, and, thanks to the most liberal tax rates in the world probably not bring any of the money back here.

New Topics

Forum List

Back