Government take over of this Oil spill?

Republicans, are you for the government taking over this oil spill? If so, I thought that was everything you WERE against. I thought it was all about the private sector and deregulation.

I see Jindal asking the government for help again....THIS WEEK.

Zona, can we have a URL to this please? I can't respond to it without knowing -- who in the hell is Jindal and what is he proposing? If the Coast Guard or some other government agency can cap the hole and clean up the spill, but BP cannot or will not, then obviously I want the government to step in. We can collect from BP later -- but money will not replace ruined environments and lost jobs.

the right is no more nor less hypocritical than the left, or the center for that matter.

Ok, del....help me out. The "right"...yes broad brush, fought hard against Government intervention in health insurance, even though many of them already partake in MediCare. Does that NOT seem hypocritical to you? At the same time, the "right" is screaming about states' rights in AZ, yet now are blaming the Federal Government for not doing more to help stop a leaking oil well off the coast of LA. I don't understand where the line is drawn?

The Ocean is NOT State property, that would be WHY the federal Government leases all rights to drill in it off our Shores. The State has no authority there, it is a Federal jurisdiction issue. You really are stupid aren't you?

RetiredGySgt, the states own and control the first few miles of ocean off their shores. Beyond that is federal water and beyond that, international. Most oil rigs near the US are leased by the states.

the right is no more nor less hypocritical than the left, or the center for that matter.

Ok, del....help me out. The "right"...yes broad brush, fought hard against Government intervention in health insurance, even though many of them already partake in MediCare. Does that NOT seem hypocritical to you? At the same time, the "right" is screaming about states' rights in AZ, yet now are blaming the Federal Government for not doing more to help stop a leaking oil well off the coast of LA. I don't understand where the line is drawn?

The Ocean is NOT State property, that would be WHY the federal Government leases all rights to drill in it off our Shores. The State has no authority there, it is a Federal jurisdiction issue. You really are stupid aren't you?

I'm sorry...is your name del? Stupid.

IF Piyush Jindal were only asking Obama to clean up the ocean, your point might have some merit. However, since he is asking Obama to help protect and clean up LA's land, it does not. You really are stupid aren't you?

That is disingenuous though because we all know that Medicare was a monster created 45 years ago and can't just be extinguished. It demonstrates exactly why goverment take over leads to a cluster fuck. However, the fed using their resources to assist in this sort of crisis is not equivalent in my opinion. Apples and oranges.

But you are disingenuous. All of you Glen Beck listeners continue to want to call the Heathcare legislation a government take over, when it fact it does nothing of the sort. The bill passed. Do you still have private insurance? Did the government take over your policy?

I often wonder how painful it is for the right to be so hypocritical.

one can believe that there are some things that govt has no business involving itself it without believing that govt shouldn't be involved in anything. not to nitpick, but how many is "many" when it comes to medicare?
some of the most rabidly right people i know won't be eligible for medicare for years.

i think the difference between AZ and LA is that AZ is trying to deal with a situation in which, imo, the federal govt has long since abrogated its responsibilities.
there are some tasks which even the most fervent states rights believer will admit are where the power of the fed is required, and this oil leak certainly qualifies.

I'm sorry...is your name del? Stupid.

IF Piyush Jindal were only asking Obama to clean up the ocean, your point might have some merit. However, since he is asking Obama to help protect and clean up LA's land, it does not. You really are stupid aren't you?

You are a blazing RETARD. The US Controls the Oceans and all resources under them. THEY authorized the rig to operate and they control the laws governing them. The SPILL occurred in Federal Government controlled water and thus the State is authorized to request assistance from the Federal Government for a mess THEY are responsible for. Now whether or not the Federal Government charges BP or orders them under existing laws to do something is irrelevant. The Federal Government is RESPONSIBLE for the mess.

Go ahead you moron ask again why.

That is disingenuous though because we all know that Medicare was a monster created 45 years ago and can't just be extinguished. It demonstrates exactly why goverment take over leads to a cluster fuck. However, the fed using their resources to assist in this sort of crisis is not equivalent in my opinion. Apples and oranges.

But you are disingenuous. All of you Glen Beck listeners continue to want to call the Heathcare legislation a government take over, when it fact it does nothing of the sort. The bill passed. Do you still have private insurance? Did the government take over your policy?

Don't you even try and pull Glenn into this. "Nothing of the sort" my ass, but ignore the writing on the wall if you choose. If you don't see the framework being built, then enjoy your blinders.

Don't you even try and pull Glenn into this. "Nothing of the sort" my ass, but ignore the writing on the wall if you choose. If you don't see the framework being built, then enjoy your blinders.

You have fallen for the fearmongering of "what might happen" yet again. I thought most Americans finally got over being scared of everything all of the time?

You have fallen for the fearmongering of "what might happen" yet again. I thought most Americans finally got over being scared of everything all of the time?

You assume it's about fear when it's actually about being observant and prepared.

You assume it's about fear when it's actually about being observant and prepared.

You say tomatoe, I say tomato.

:eusa_eh:Doesn't really have the same impact when you type it out...

2010-05-28-digest-cartoon.jpg

Forum List

Back