Government take over of this Oil spill?

Zona

A guy in ariZONA
Aug 15, 2009
Phoenix, AZ.
Republicans, are you for the government taking over this oil spill? If so, I thought that was everything you WERE against. I thought it was all about the private sector and deregulation.

I see Jindal asking the government for help again....THIS WEEK.

The government intervening in the event of a national crisis is not equivalent to taking permanent ownership of the economic sector.

Last edited:
Where does it state in the Constitution that our Federal Government has the authority or responsibility to clean up oil spills?

Republicans, are you for the government taking over this oil spill? If so, I thought that was everything you WERE against. I thought it was all about the private sector and deregulation.

is it painful to be so purblind?

I often wonder how painful it is for the right to be so hypocritical.

The government intervening in the event of a national crisis is not equivalent to taking permanent ownership of the economic sector.

The economy and healthcare situation in this country isn't a national crisis?

In what way?? I see it as more extremist attitudes. Do those on the left really want complete control?? Do those on the right really want zero control?? It seems the OP is trying to spin this to make some sort of point. It's weak.

Probably about as painful as it is for the left to be so hypocritical...

the right is no more nor less hypocritical than the left, or the center for that matter.

the right is no more nor less hypocritical than the left, or the center for that matter.

Ok, del....help me out. The "right"...yes broad brush, fought hard against Government intervention in health insurance, even though many of them already partake in MediCare. Does that NOT seem hypocritical to you? At the same time, the "right" is screaming about states' rights in AZ, yet now are blaming the Federal Government for not doing more to help stop a leaking oil well off the coast of LA. I don't understand where the line is drawn?

Ok, del....help me out. The "right"...yes broad brush, fought hard against Government intervention in health insurance, even though many of them already partake in MediCare. Does that NOT seem hypocritical to you? At the same time, the "right" is screaming about states' rights in AZ, yet now are blaming the Federal Government for not doing more to help stop a leaking oil well off the coast of LA. I don't understand where the line is drawn?

The Ocean is NOT State property, that would be WHY the federal Government leases all rights to drill in it off our Shores. The State has no authority there, it is a Federal jurisdiction issue. You really are stupid aren't you?

That is disingenuous though because we all know that Medicare was a monster created 45 years ago and can't just be extinguished. It demonstrates exactly why goverment take over leads to a cluster fuck. However, the fed using their resources to assist in this sort of crisis is not equivalent in my opinion. Apples and oranges.

worst....

strawman.......

ever.......

New Topics

Forum List

Back