Government shutdown looms

The government employees get 26 paychecks a year. That means that twice a year there is a third paycheck for a month. This year the first 3 paycheck month is April. Hmmm......

3 paycheck months are a consequence of 2 week pay periods. When I worked in retail, that was one of the nice things that occasionally happened.

I'd imagine though that time is up in April not because of this (Causation is not Correlation). This is just when things ran out after varying extensions of shorter and shorter duration. More of a sum of an infinite series than intended date.

You're right. I was thinking the appropriations of military funding which is required yearly.

Actually, it's still not required, and it's a two year thing. The constitution gives Congress the power to raise and support armies, provided that no appropriation of funds toward that end shall last longer than two years. But there is still no requirement that the Congress allot any funding for the military.

The government employees get 26 paychecks a year. That means that twice a year there is a third paycheck for a month. This year the first 3 paycheck month is April. Hmmm......

So isn't it clever how they have extended this bullshit long enough for everyone to get their first 2 paychecks and pay their April bills. But the next pay period for them will be that third check which, no doubt, the powers that be believe will not be missed.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Forum List

Back