Government run programs

MEDICARE

Medicare, government run healthcare pays 80% of your healthcare and pays Medicare Advantage plans, private healthcare providers, $800 to manage and provide 20% of your healthcare and your Medicare Advantage plan charges you an additional premium, co-pays and deductions. Out of your pockets unless you are low income and then Medicaid, government run, pays that for you. And pay your prescription drug premium and you pay $2.50 and $6.00 for you medications. A fracking good government run plan if you ask me.

Can Well Point, Anthem Blue Cross offer you a better deal? I don’t think so.

Government has the convenient advantage of not actually having to make money to continue to provide a product. Unfortunately know one, including the government can afford to spend more than they take in forever.

Except of course if your my age, and the SS won't have any money by the time I retire.

For some reason, I fracking trust big government run anything over private.

Then you are 'fracking' idiot. Government does NOTHING well. All you see is the service they provide and turn a blind eye to what the cost and how they are managed. As long as you get your fucking $800 bucks a month everything is just great, right? WRONG. Medicare and social security, spend more than they take in taxes. NO insitituion can operate that way forever. Are you fine with raising taxes to make up the difference. Businesses fail when operated that way. The only reason government fets to do it is for some reason we'll just let them keep piling on to the defecit and giving to the next generation. But you're the lil OLD lady so you don't give two shits do ya?

You do not understand the relationship between Medicare and Medicare advantage plan, which are private. I tried to explan it to you but it fell on a pile of rocks. I do not get $800 a month, Medicare Advantage plans do. Medicare and social securty is not broke. More fear mongering by radical right wingnuts.
I am willing to take a cut in my SS in order to provide medicare to those who do not have. We are already paying when the go to ER for a cold.
The HC plan will create millions of jobs and workers pay taxes and the HC plan is the only way to save the economy.

I hate to break the bad news to you, but I paid into Social Security 40+ years and I get Social Security benefits that are not anywhere NEAR what I made while I worked. That's how it works - you get a hell of a lot less than what you put in. I have about $97/month deducted from my SS payment before I ever get it - pays for Medicare. Medicare doesn't really pay squat, therefore the need for Medicare Advantage gap insurance to cover the rest of the medical costs. I have a really good Medicare Advantage plan that costs me about $60/$70 a month. I've never paid a penny for anything other than co-pays and $4 prescription costs because I use pharmacies that have $4 plans.

Baby, if you have been paying $800/month for Medicare Advantage someone saw a sucker coming from 5 miles away.

We know the reason. You're a parasitic Marxist.

I see you have been brainwashed by Rush and the Tea baggers. I bet you have at least two government programs that you use.
You do not have a clue who I am.

You'd lose your bet. The only government program I use, and it's not even really government run, is student loans and I have to pay all that back with interest, so there is no free ride involved.

And I do know exactly who you are. You're a societal leech who thinks everyone but you should be responsible for you. It is your kind with your entitlement attitude that is destroying this nation.

You give new meaning even to Village Idiot
.:cuckoo:

pot_kettle.jpg

MEDICARE

Medicare, government run healthcare pays 80% of your healthcare and pays Medicare Advantage plans, private healthcare providers, $800 to manage and provide 20% of your healthcare and your Medicare Advantage plan charges you an additional premium, co-pays and deductions. Out of your pockets unless you are low income and then Medicaid, government run, pays that for you. And pay your prescription drug premium and you pay $2.50 and $6.00 for you medications. A fracking good government run plan if you ask me.

Can Well Point, Anthem Blue Cross offer you a better deal? I don’t think so.

Government has the convenient advantage of not actually having to make money to continue to provide a product. Unfortunately know one, including the government can afford to spend more than they take in forever.

SOCIAL SECURITY

You pay into social security for 40 years and to collect far more than you paid into the plan and if you did nto work and you got old you received SSI and full Medicaid with no premiums, co-pays and deductions and qualify for all you prescriptions paid for with no premiums or co-pays and you may even qualify for free transportation to your doctor appointments.

Except of course if your my age, and the SS won't have any money by the time I retire.

That is alright, I make sure that I enjoy your money in my retirement:lol:

For some reason, I fracking trust big government run anything over private.

Then you are 'fracking' idiot. Government does NOTHING well.

Really? The Nazis won WW2 then?

All you see is the service they provide and turn a blind eye to what the cost and how they are managed. As long as you get your fucking $800 bucks a month everything is just great, right? WRONG. Medicare and social security, spend more than they take in taxes. NO insitituion can operate that way forever.

[COLOR="red"]This is the first year that that is the case since the '80's. Simple solution, raise the top end on which SS is paid. In fact, make the 6.2% that I pay apply to all income.

Are you fine with raising taxes to make up the difference.

Damned right I am. Watched the rich bastards get increases in income for the whole of the last 40 years while the pay for the working man has remained the same in real money terms.

Businesses fail when operated that way.

Our whole damned economy almost did a '29 operated by you Conservatives.

The only reason government fets to do it is for some reason we'll just let them keep piling on to the defecit and giving to the next generation.

[COLOR="red"]Under Clinton, the deficit was going away. Then came Bush and you Incompetant Conservatives. Two failed wars and a ruined economy. Trillions of dollars in deficits. Three trillion, after it all plays out, in Iraq alone. Three trillion, 4500 American lives, for Conservative lies.

Sure, give me your shuck and jive about how you fellows can run a government.

But you're the lil OLD lady so you don't give two shits do ya?

And I am a medium sized old man drawing a tradesmans paycheck, and a good SS check on top of that. Why should I care about you? You obviously care nothing about anyone else.

Last edited:
We know the reason. You're a parasitic Marxist.

I see you have been brainwashed by Rush and the Tea baggers. I bet you have at least two government programs that you use.

You'd lose your bet. The only government program I use, and it's not even really government run, is student loans and I have to pay all that back with interest, so there is no free ride involved.

And I do know exactly who you are. You're a societal leech who thinks everyone but you should be responsible for you. It is your kind with your entitlement attitude that is destroying this nation.

A Day in the Life of Joe Republican

Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards. With his first swallow of water, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to ensure their safety and that they work as advertised.
All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too.

He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained.

Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for the laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

He walks on the government-provided sidewalk to subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe's employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union.

If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

It is noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime. Joe also forgets that his in addition to his federally subsidized student loans, he attended a state funded university.

Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards to go along with the tax-payer funded roads.

He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans.

The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.

Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day. Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

Blahblah...maumaumaumau....prattleprattpelprattleprattle....

A day in the life of Lance Democrat:

Sit around and credit everything short of the sun rising in the east to the omniscient and omnipotent power of Big Daddy Big Gubmint.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

blatherblatherblater...twaddletwaddletwaddle...mewmewmew...

Blahblah...maumaumaumau....prattleprattpelprattleprattle....

A day in the life of Lance Democrat:

Sit around and credit everything short of the sun rising in the east to the omniscient and omnipotent power of Big Daddy Big Gubmint.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

blatherblatherblater...twaddletwaddletwaddle...mewmewmew...

You forgot hold yourself accountable for absolutely NOTHING.....EVER.

Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards. With his first swallow of water, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to ensure their safety and that they work as advertised.
All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too.

He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained.

Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for the laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

He walks on the government-provided sidewalk to subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe's employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union.

If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

It is noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime. Joe also forgets that his in addition to his federally subsidized student loans, he attended a state funded university.

Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards to go along with the tax-payer funded roads.

He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans.

The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.

Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day. Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

Except I'm not Joe Republican, so I sure hope you copied and pasted that and didn't spend all that time typing it out. :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back