Government run programs

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by LilOlLady, Mar 15, 2010.

1. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    MEDICARE

Medicare, government run healthcare pays 80% of your healthcare and pays Medicare Advantage plans, private healthcare providers, $800 to manage and provide 20% of your healthcare and your Medicare Advantage plan charges you an additional premium, co-pays and deductions. Out of your pockets unless you are low income and then Medicaid, government run, pays that for you. And pay your prescription drug premium and you pay $2.50 and $6.00 for you medications. A fracking good government run plan if you ask me.

Can Well Point, Anthem Blue Cross offer you a better deal? I don’t think so.

I do not hear congress, right wing nuts, complaining about the cost of quality of their government run healthcare plan. Making no fracking sense to me that they don’t want to give them American people the same medical plan they have?

SOCIAL SECURITY

You pay into social security for 40 years and to collect far more than you paid into the plan and if you did nto work and you got old you received SSI and full Medicaid with no premiums, co-pays and deductions and qualify for all you prescriptions paid for with no premiums or co-pays and you may even qualify for free transportation to your doctor appointments.

And if you are married and did not work you draw on your spouse’s social security. Both collect on one plan and you collect more than was paid in.

If Bush had taking your social security savings and privatized them by investing, you would be fracking broke now and up the creek looking for the big incompetent government to take care of you.

For some reason, I fracking trust big government run anything over private.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Government has the convenient advantage of not actually having to make money to continue to provide a product. Unfortunately know one, including the government can afford to spend more than they take in forever.

Except of course if your my age, and the SS won't have any money by the time I retire.

Then you are 'fracking' idiot. Government does NOTHING well. All you see is the service they provide and turn a blind eye to what the cost and how they are managed. As long as you get your fucking $800 bucks a month everything is just great, right? WRONG. Medicare and social security, spend more than they take in taxes. NO insitituion can operate that way forever. Are you fine with raising taxes to make up the difference. Businesses fail when operated that way. The only reason government fets to do it is for some reason we'll just let them keep piling on to the defecit and giving to the next generation. But you're the lil OLD lady so you don't give two shits do ya?

3. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,770
    Totally agree.

SS would have been fine if LBJ had left the loxbox in place. But he didn't. Now its broke like every other Govt entitlement.

If the Govt were a business it would have been OUT of business long ago. We taxpayers just keep getting hosed to pay for the bs.

4. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,490
    How many Americans would be willing to give up Social Security or Medicare?

5. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,543
    Not enough and therein lies the problem.

6. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,543
    Really, this is what you call a good program?

[​IMG]

Well you see, Blue Cross just can't print more money when it runs out. It actually has to stay afloat. Sooner or later, however, the American government will go bankrupt too.

And the result of that....

Social Security to start cashing Uncle Sam's IOUs

Really? Care to explain how I'd be broke now?

We know the reason. You're a parasitic Marxist.

7. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    You do not understand the relationship between Medicare and Medicare advantage plan, which are private. I tried to explan it to you but it fell on a pile of rocks. I do not get $800 a month, Medicare Advantage plans do. Medicare and social securty is not broke. More fear mongering by radical right wingnuts.
    I am willing to take a cut in my SS in order to provide medicare to those who do not have. We are already paying when the go to ER for a cold.
    The HC plan will create millions of jobs and workers pay taxes and the HC plan is the only way to save the economy.

8. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761

9. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,865

I suggest you try to define what that Some Reason is, and then rethink where you place your trust.

10. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761

You give new meaning even to Village Idiot
    .:cuckoo: