Government Passenger Rail (Amtrak)

in my opinion, public transportation should be used to upgrade infrastructure when possible. one hundred mile per hour tracks and sound proofing, may be more market friendly.

No one wants to ride the train for hours / days at a time. Period ...

Hello, Planes... this is Trains. Just calling to let you know you won.

gpo-gpo-200-retro-rotary-dial-telephone-copper-yellow-octopus-30798033226_1024x1024.jpg
depends; more market friendly services could have mini-suites for business professionals. there is room to walk around on a train. upgrading trains to include sound proofing and sound systems could make it a more convenient experience.

The definition of convenient is to get their fast. Which is why we jet across the country and don't take the Hindenburg 2.0.

21b94155-8c2d-4c68-d84f-eae952296706.png
being able to have a business meeting with presentations could be more convenient.

Well, A) you travel to the meeting. You don't do the meeting on the trip. It makes no sense to have a meeting on a train, a plane, a blimp, or a paddle wheel steamer. If everyone was already in one place, we wouldn't have to travel.

And B) Welcome to the future ... we don't even have to travel.

1503598831056.jpg

in my opinion, public transportation should be used to upgrade infrastructure when possible. one hundred mile per hour tracks and sound proofing, may be more market friendly.

No one wants to ride the train for hours / days at a time. Period ...

Hello, Planes... this is Trains. Just calling to let you know you won.

gpo-gpo-200-retro-rotary-dial-telephone-copper-yellow-octopus-30798033226_1024x1024.jpg
depends; more market friendly services could have mini-suites for business professionals. there is room to walk around on a train. upgrading trains to include sound proofing and sound systems could make it a more convenient experience.

The definition of convenient is to get their fast. Which is why we jet across the country and don't take the Hindenburg 2.0.

21b94155-8c2d-4c68-d84f-eae952296706.png
being able to have a business meeting with presentations could be more convenient.

Well, A) you travel to the meeting. You don't do the meeting on the trip. It makes no sense to have a meeting on a train, a plane, a blimp, or a paddle wheel steamer. If everyone was already in one place, we wouldn't have to travel.

And B) Welcome to the future ... we don't even have to travel.

1503598831056.jpg
depends on the circumstances. it may be convenient; or it could be a creative group; a few days enjoying the scenery may be helpful.

having everyone on board may be helpful in cases of more complicated strategy.

having everyone on board may be helpful in cases of more complicated strategy

Having spent my entire professional career in pointless meetings. There is only one place where getting everyone together to go over a complicated strategy makes sense.

tfc-team-fighting-1.jpg

Having spent my entire professional career in pointless meetings. There is only one place where getting everyone together to go over a complicated strategy makes sense.

tfc-team-fighting-1.jpg
nobody goes on working vacations on a cruise liner?

I'm sure they do ... but everyone takes a plane to get to the cruise ship. Trains, planes, buses, taxis, and donkey carts are point to point transportation. No one has used a cruise ship to get anywhere since the War.

Cruise ships might make an interesting team build location, but mostly they're for overeating, getting trichinosis, and having unsafe sex with recent divorcees.

tfc-team-fighting-1.jpg

I'm sure they do ... but everyone takes a plane to get to the cruise ship. Trains, planes, buses, taxis, and donkey carts are point to point transportation. No one has used a cruise ship to get anywhere since the War.

Cruise ships might make an interesting team build location, but mostly they're for overeating, getting trichinosis, and having unsafe sex with recent divorcees.
all i am saying is there is some market demand for such services.

upgrading our railroads to maglev, would be helpful.

tfc-team-fighting-1.jpg

China is now running their maglev trains at the speed of normal trains because of the costs of running at high speed.

Doubling the speed quadruples the electricity use.

tfc-team-fighting-1.jpg

China is now running their maglev trains at the speed of normal trains because of the costs of running at high speed.

Let's convince Mr. Musk to pioneer supercapacitor technology so we can capture energy from lighting as well, not just solar and wind.

I have taken the Acela on many occasions on the Boston to Washington corridor

Much of it is hurry up and wait. You will go 130 mph on some stretches and then slow down to 45 mph due to congestion.

It is more comfortable than flying and easy to get on and off. The internet sucks big time. The food is OK but you are better off to bring your own. Drinks were reasonably priced

I have taken the Acela on many occasions on the Boston to Washington corridor

Much of it is hurry up and wait. You will go 130 mph on some stretches and then slow down to 45 mph due to congestion.

It is more comfortable than flying and easy to get on and off. The internet sucks big time. The food is OK but you are better off to bring your own. Drinks were reasonably priced
would attend a movie car if they had one and a recent release was playing?

tfc-team-fighting-1.jpg

Let's convince Mr. Musk to pioneer supercapacitor technology so we can capture energy from lighting as well, not just solar and wind.

Musk is out of that business for a while.

Musk is out of that business for a while.
only the car business; it could be a new venture that complements his battery venture.

(1) There are occasions when getting There fast is not so important. I am retired, as is - seemingly - about half the country. An extra day or two on the road means nothing to me, and if the scenery is good, so much the better.

(2) If the train was an enjoyable experience - and it has that potential - it would be much more popular, I assure you. But its reputation as a third-world experience in the U.S. is well-deserved. (My experience with the MegaBus was actually better than the train, although it also has its irritations).

(3) No need for a movie car. There is plenty of room and train infrastructure to put screens on the back of every seat, along with earphone jacks.

(4) This is not rocket science. There are plenty of companies around (e.g., Bombardier) that can make fabulous railcars, with no need to advance the state of the art.

If passenger rail was run by private, profit-making entities, I guar-on-tee the service and the rolling stock would be much, much better.

I didn't mention this above, but we ended up having to tote our bags about half a mile in both Chicago and Denver, just to get back to the terminal. Seems like something could be done about this, although I'm not sure what.

The Trans Canada rail trip is supposed to be spectacular

New Topics

Forum List

Back