Government Overthrow

Hmm. I had never heard of it. If you are going to make a movie of it, it's probably too late for anyone to get the truth. nobody practices revisionist history more than hollywood.

Hmm, I wonder if the reason it's been ignored is because the Democrat Party was involved in cheating at the polls, stuffing ballot boxes, intimidating black voters, and inciting violence?

When you make your movie, are you going to talk about the Red Shirts? You know, the violent white supremacist Democrats who intimidated blacks and committed violent acts?

There is an unlimited amount of history to choose from to teach our kids at school, but they only have so much time to teach it. This is why we limit our history lessons to what has become historically relevant. If this story is unknown to the general public, then it probably doesn't have much historical relevance. In other words, if no one knows about it, it couldn't have shaped our country in any meaningful way.

We waste valuable educational time and resources teaching our kids progressive doctrine. Often forcing propaganda on children which is widely rejected by their own parents.
Specifically gay curriculum and unproven man made global warming theories to name a couple. Meanwhile civics and the founding principles on which this greatest of nations was founded are stifled.
My own children were subjected to an afternoon wasted while they were bussed to a high school gymnasium for an assembly in which the guest of honor was a wooden podium Obama spoke in front of while campaigning as they were expected to sing praises to the newly elected president.

To assume that our educators are selecting the most important areas of study for our children is naive. When people are handed a forum from which they can push their own agenda, they will.

Hmm, I wonder if the reason it's been ignored is because the Democrat Party was involved in cheating at the polls, stuffing ballot boxes, intimidating black voters, and inciting violence?

When you make your movie, are you going to talk about the Red Shirts? You know, the violent white supremacist Democrats who intimidated blacks and committed violent acts?

Absolutely. The Red Shirts were a major factor in the events of 1898. To leave them out, as well as the ballot stuffing, would be a gross inaccuracy. Our goal is to recreate this history as faithfully as possible.

To answer some of the questions about this coup's significance, here is a synopsis of the history:

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND SYNOPSIS

After the abolishment of slavery, many black citizens found economic and political prosperity in the port city of Wilmington, North Carolina. The black community dominated the labor force, had a fearless and outspoken newspaper named The Daily Record, and sustained many working professionals, including the Collector of Customs, John Campbell Dancy: one of the wealthiest men in the city. Meanwhile, a small clandestine group of affluent white men, known as the Secret 9, plotted the riot 6-12 months in advance to disenfranchise the black community from the politics and economics of Wilmington.

The Secret 9 employed the silver-tongued orator, Alfred Moore Waddell, a former congressman, to lead an inflammatory campaign against the impending "Negro Domination" in Wilmington. In the months prior to the November 8th election, Waddell provoked much anger toward the success of the black community and pledged his resolve to reverse the progress even if they have to "choke the current of the Cape Fear with the carcasses of the blacks." On election day, it was reported that a group of whites broke into the 5th Precinct and 1st Ward, the largest African-American voting precinct in the city, where they stuffed the ballot boxes with fabricated votes for their party. *This was later proven in the WRR Commission's Final Report as there were many more votes than registered voters in the precinct.

The following morning, Alfred Waddell read a series of resolutions, known as the White Declaration of Independence, that the Committee of Colored Citizens must respond to by 7:30am the next day. The resolutions called for a large part of the employment of black laborers to be replaced with white ones, as well as the banishment of Alexander Manly, the outspoken editor of The Daily Record newspaper. A final resolution demanded that the Mayor and his Board of Aldermen relinquish their duties as public officials.

The Committee of Colored Citizens gathered that evening in David Jacob's Barber Shop and drafted their response. The letter was given to the young lawyer, Armond Scott, to deliver directly to Alfred Waddell's home. However, upon arrival, Scott was frightened away by armed white men. He fled the area and dropped the Committee's response into the post office drop box. The response never arrived. By 8:30 the next morning, a huge crowd of whites had armed themselves at the Wilmington armory.

Led by Alfred Waddell, an armed mob of whites marched from the Wilmington Armory to the The Daily Record newspaper. They broke in and set it on fire. Widespread panic began to ensue. Claims of black retaliation caused more armed whites to join the crowd. They marched into the heart of the black community of Brooklyn where they opened fire on an unarmed crowd of black citizens. Meanwhile, the instigators of the riot, including Alfred Waddell, held Mayor Silas P. Wright and his board of aldermen, three of whom were black, at gunpoint and forced them to resign. Alfred Moore Waddell, then became the mayor of Wilmington.

Targets of the white banishment campaign, most of whom were either prominent black citizens or black sympathizers, were apprehended or killed during the fighting. The violence continued throughout the afternoon and eventually calmed as nightfall set in. No historians know concretely how many were injured or killed during the fighting; although no white fatalities were recorded. In the wake of the riot, hundreds of citizens and families were exiled from the city. Although letters of complaint regarding the massacre and coup were written to the state and federal governments, including President William McKinley, no action was taken to resolve the situation.

In less than a year, the 1899 NC General Assembly passed the first Jim Crow law in the state, introducing the Grandfather clause. Generations to come would live in a world of intolerance and segregation.

OK.

Honestly, I was not aware of this historical event. And I pay pretty close attention to stuff like this. You'd think that if I, a white separatist, wasn't aware of this apparent success by whites in reclaiming a town, it really is a suppressed event. So there you go. Does the average person know about this? Looks like "no."

Now.

I guess you could take two tacks from here.

1. The event is suppressed because it makes whites look bad, and the white power structure in America has censored it.

or...

2. The event is suppressed because it gives whites the notion that they could repeat this -- say, on a national scale.

1. might be a "lefty" view, and 2. might be a "far right" view. Who knows.

Or you could just chalk it up to Americans' general ignorance about everything historical...

Absolutely. The Red Shirts were a major factor in the events of 1898. To leave them out, as well as the ballot stuffing, would be a gross inaccuracy. Our goal is to recreate this history as faithfully as possible.

And you will actually call them by their political party; Democrats?

But hey, a "White Declaration of Independence" sounds like a great idea to me. I'll start.

"White people, listen up. Our country is being taken over by non-whites. This will start to suck royally for us when it becomes apparent that nobody really ever plays nice once they get power over a former enemy. So let's band together and fight back."

All I can say is Bring it on whitey,we'll take you out completely this time. I've been wondering why those supreemies have been so quiet.They scared out of their minds at what would happen to them in this day and age.

Hey there's a good start in Chicago right now! The worst thing about the black revolution is that they will sell their own grandmothers for a good crack hit. That's why they mostly kill one another instead of de wite folk.

Progress toward what? White genocide?

Obviously not - I speak of progress toward civil equality. I'm white, by the way. And a Republican.

Do you think the races are capable of being "made equal"?

There is no such thing as 'races,' and human beings as a whole are equal. Individuals vary. YOU for example, are a pathetic fucking coward. That makes you inferior to every human being who is not a pathetic fucking coward. Do you see how that works, you pathetic fucking coward?

Hey there's a good start in Chicago right now! The worst thing about the black revolution is that they will sell their own grandmothers for a good crack hit. That's why they mostly kill one another instead of de wite folk.

Funny you should mention crack, as you yourself indulge in something that makes you feel good temporarily but that is really destroying you.

The only violent overthrow of a government in US History was the 1898 Race Riot in Wilmington, NC. So why has this History been buried to the point where almost no one has heard of it?

I've been part of a group of young filmmakers that has worked tirelessly to put this event on film over the last 4 years. We face constant "warnings" and resistance from revisionist historians, and other self-proclaimed "Heritage Groups" (you can probably guess some of them). Why is this? I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.

Also, feel free to take a look at our efforts so far (called "The Red Cape" on Kickstarter), feedback is warmly appreciated as we try gain support for this important project.

Young filmmakers? You desperately need a screen writer who can post an argument better than a High School pot head if this post is any example of your stuff. You could stretch credibility to the breaking point and say the little late 1800's anarchist movement was politically motivated and intended to overthrow the government but it was probably just a riot. Bill Ayers 'weatherman movement" was probably closer to anarchy than anything we ever saw in the late 1800's. You could make another case about communist recruit Van Jones's anarchy movement after the Rodney King police verdicts where about 55 Americans were murdered.

The only violent overthrow of a government in US History was the 1898 Race Riot in Wilmington, NC. So why has this History been buried to the point where almost no one has heard of it?

I've been part of a group of young filmmakers that has worked tirelessly to put this event on film over the last 4 years. We face constant "warnings" and resistance from revisionist historians, and other self-proclaimed "Heritage Groups" (you can probably guess some of them). Why is this? I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.

Also, feel free to take a look at our efforts so far (called "The Red Cape" on Kickstarter), feedback is warmly appreciated as we try gain support for this important project.

Young filmmakers? You desperately need a screen writer who can post an argument better than a High School pot head if this post is any example of your stuff. You could stretch credibility to the breaking point and say the little late 1800's anarchist movement was politically motivated and intended to overthrow the government but it was probably just a riot. Bill Ayers 'weatherman movement" was probably closer to anarchy than anything we ever saw in the late 1800's. You could make another case about communist recruit Van Jones's anarchy movement after the Rodney King police verdicts where about 55 Americans were murdered.

You mean the payback?

You mean the payback?

The what?

When blacks get policies and officials to go their way under threat of rioting, what do you call that?

Hmm, I seem to remember Republicans threatening civil war if Romney isn't elected.

I seem to remember Republicans holding unemployment for millions hostage unless the Bush Tax cuts were extended.

I seem to remember Republicans practicing overt "voter suppression" and undermining democracy.

I seem to remember Republicans lying America into a terrible war and letting the mastermind of the 9/11 attack go scott free.

And there are a lot more Republicans than blacks.

Obviously not - I speak of progress toward civil equality. I'm white, by the way. And a Republican.

Do you think the races are capable of being "made equal"?

There is no such thing as 'races,' and human beings as a whole are equal. Individuals vary. YOU for example, are a pathetic fucking coward. That makes you inferior to every human being who is not a pathetic fucking coward. Do you see how that works, you pathetic fucking coward?

I agree the "race card" has to go lets begin the "human card". So nobody has a upper hand

Where does the anarchy card come in? When striking Chicago teachers create a black and red flag that they claim is "revolutionary"?

New Topics

Forum List

Back