Government Must Get Out of Healthcare

We don't need no government

Our employers and insurance companies will do what is best for us
There will always be people like you who drop your pants and grab your ankles for government.

Do I need the government controlling car insurance like it does HC insurance?

Nope. If my car insurance is not making me happy I go to another.

Do I need the government controlling my local store like it does HC insurance?

Nope. If my store is not making me happy I go to another.

What are you afraid of?

The Government has immense collective power. The power of 300 million people. If the government can offer a good or service to the public at a cheaper rate than they can get in the private sector....why won't you let them?
Looks like a quote from 1938 Germany.

Let me ask you why prescription drugs are so much cheaper in other countries?
The reason is because their government negotiates with the drug companies and demands lower prices

Our government has given in to the capitalists. Let the drug companies charge what they want.....the consumer will pick up the cost
Or maybe US govt doesnt enforce the laws against price fixing

There will always be people like you who drop your pants and grab your ankles for government.

What are you afraid of?

The Government has immense collective power. The power of 300 million people. If the government can offer a good or service to the public at a cheaper rate than they can get in the private sector....why won't you let them?

The reason is because their government negotiates with the drug companies and demands lower prices

Our government has given in to the capitalists. Let the drug companies charge what they want.....the consumer will pick up the cost
Dufus, government is the reason costs are so high.

But I can go along with your position. Democrats had the chance to negotiate cheap pharmaceuticals but instead only let them skyrocket higher.

So did Republicans under Bush's Medicare Part D for prescriptions
Both parties are controlled by Big Pharm and will do nothing to upset the revenue flow

Other governments get involved in negotiating prescription prices. If you want to sell prescriptions to the 20-30 million people in our country....here is what you can charge. The drug companies drop the prices

Imagine what the US, with 300 million people could negotiate
You investing a billion dollars in the slim chance 10 years from now the R&D on a new drug gets approved?

Nope. The left just want all R&D stopped for medical advancements.

What are you afraid of?

But I can go along with your position. Democrats had the chance to negotiate cheap pharmaceuticals but instead only let them skyrocket higher.

Both parties are controlled by Big Pharm and will do nothing to upset the revenue flow

Other governments get involved in negotiating prescription prices. If you want to sell prescriptions to the 20-30 million people in our country....here is what you can charge. The drug companies drop the prices

You investing a billion dollars in the slim chance 10 years from now the R&D on a new drug gets approved?

Why has the price of insulin skyrocketed? It has been on the market for generations
Yes, we know all about R&D
But why is it the American consumer is the only one paying for it while other countries negotiate prices for the same drugs that are less than half the price?

Why do our consumers pay so much for an MRI, sonogram or X-ray?

Other countries laugh at us for what we pay for simple procedures

Why has the price of insulin skyrocketed? It has been on the market for generations
But why is it the American consumer is the only one paying for it while other countries negotiate prices for the same drugs that are less than half the price?

Ask Democrats, they own the current HC system.

Oh yeah, government intruded where it had not before and Costs skyrocket.

Thanks for validating the OP.

Trump is running our government
Health and Human Services is the executive branch responsible for our nations health

People die....it is Trump's responsibility to do something

If he doesn't care, he needs to be replaced by someone who does

Health and Human Services is the executive branch responsible for our nations health

Democrats own the current HC system Dufus. And per your own admission costs are skyrocketing.

Democrats own the current HC system Dufus. And per your own admission costs are skyrocketing.
Now that he shot himself in the knees by admitting costs are skyrocketing under Obamacare he doesn't want to play any more. :lmao:

Trump is the President
You voted for him

He is responsible for the health and well being of the country. If people are losing their healthcare and are suffering, it is HIS responsibility to fix it

I grew up before the government took over healthcare in the mid-60's. When I was sick my Dad called the doctor and the doctor would come to the house. My Dad paid the doc in cash and that was the end of it. Once the government took control, I was no longer the patient and my Dad was not the customer, the government was. That's when house calls stopped and cost of medical started exploding.

Trump is the President
You voted for him

He is responsible for the health and well being of the country. If people are losing their healthcare and are suffering, it is HIS responsibility to fix it
Too funny. Running away from the mess you created. I'd run too from the mess you created.

Why did Democrats in DC make sure they didn't have to comply with Obamacare?

What are you afraid of?

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” -- Milton Friedman, economist and eternal optimist

I grew up before the government took over healthcare in the mid-60's. When I was sick my Dad called the doctor and the doctor would come to the house. My Dad paid the doc in cash and that was the end of it. Once the government took control, I was no longer the patient and my Dad was not the customer, the government was. That's when house calls stopped and cost of medical started exploding.
Exactly. No insurance cost you just saw a doctor and you got what you needed.

Then the government started getting involved.

Trump is the President
You voted for him

Too funny. Running away from the mess you created. I'd run too from the mess you created.

Why did Democrats in DC make sure they didn't have to comply with Obamacare?

Its called leadership

Trump is our leader. He is supposed to identify problems and fix them
Walking away and saying.....Not my fault...is not leadership

Your state government certainly does control your car insurance.

Life expectancy was 63 in the 60s

The good ole days

You think it is brilliant to allow your employer, who is looking to make a buck, decide what insurance you should have?
Is it brilliant to allow an insurance company who is out for profit to make life and death decisions for you?

The Government can represent 300 million people in the insurance market. That is an immense bargaining tool with healthcare providers

You have to be a total fuck tard to think that one entity can even remotely represent 300 million people effectively. They can't even manage a few million in the VA system, but somehow you rejects think creating what will literally be the largest bureaucracy on planet Earth will be unicorns and butterflies. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see what an unmitigated disaster that would be. I guess that's why you're having a problem understanding. If you resent employer provided health insurance then blame your hero FDR because it was his New Deal bullshit that pushed us in that direction.

You want to fix the cost of health care in this country? Get insurance companies AND the government out of the picture. They are the ones driving up the costs and yet you morons keep trying to fix a system they broke by giving them more skin in the game. We don't need health insurance and government programs paying for people's routine doctor visits. Insurance should be exactly that, insurance. It should cover you in emergency situations only, not every sniffle and sneeze. How much do you think you'd pay for auto insurance if you billed it for every oil and tire change?

Want to rein in the pharmaceutical industry? Take away their manufacturing monopoly that the very government, you worship like a god, gave to them.

Maybe your holy highness government shouldn't have passed EMTALA requiring hospitals to treat everybody who walks into the ER. Ever think of that? Maybe they should be allowed to turn people away who don't have an actual emergency, but use the ER as their personal health care provider. Start embracing concierge doctors who have thrown insurance out the window and have been treating people at a much more effective cost on a cash basis. Maybe you ought to tell government to stop requiring so much red tape and hoops to jump through in order to open a new hospital.

There was a time in this country where doctors made house calls and people like my grandparents simply wrote a check to the hospital when my father was born. Then dipshits like you in the government decided they had to help everybody and here we are.

Life expectancy was 63 in the 60s

The good ole days

And that was due to the absence of Medicare and Medicaid? You got evidence for that?

Or perhaps, it was they lacked the understanding and technology in medical science in those days that we now have. Gee, maybe that could be the reason, you think?

You think it is brilliant to allow your employer, who is looking to make a buck, decide what insurance you should have?
Is it brilliant to allow an insurance company who is out for profit to make life and death decisions for you?

The Government can represent 300 million people in the insurance market. That is an immense bargaining tool with healthcare providers

You have to be a total fuck tard to think that one entity can even remotely represent 300 million people effectively. They can't even manage a few million in the VA system, but somehow you rejects think creating what will literally be the largest bureaucracy on planet Earth will be unicorns and butterflies. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see what an unmitigated disaster that would be. I guess that's why you're having a problem understanding. If you resent employer provided health insurance then blame your hero FDR because it was his New Deal bullshit that pushed us in that direction.

You want to fix the cost of health care in this country? Get insurance companies AND the government out of the picture. They are the ones driving up the costs and yet you morons keep trying to fix a system they broke by giving them more skin in the game. We don't need health insurance and government programs paying for people's routine doctor visits. Insurance should be exactly that, insurance. It should cover you in emergency situations only, not every sniffle and sneeze. How much do you think you'd pay for auto insurance if you billed it for every oil and tire change?

Want to rein in the pharmaceutical industry? Take away their manufacturing monopoly that the very government, you worship like a god, gave to them.

Maybe your holy highness government shouldn't have passed EMTALA requiring hospitals to treat everybody who walks into the ER. Ever think of that? Maybe they should be allowed to turn people away who don't have an actual emergency, but use the ER as their personal health care provider. Start embracing concierge doctors who have thrown insurance out the window and have been treating people at a much more effective cost on a cash basis. Maybe you ought to tell government to stop requiring so much red tape and hoops to jump through in order to open a new hospital.

There was a time in this country where doctors made house calls and people like my grandparents simply wrote a check to the hospital when my father was born. Then dipshits like you in the government decided they had to help everybody and here we are.

Good God

Have you seen what happens when Government and Insurance get out of the picture?

Free market in healthcare leads to healthcare for the highest bidder. Only those drugs and procedures that are profitable get funded. Only the healthy get affordable insurance. Real Death Panels as only profitable procedures get approved....sorry, but you are not worth a $1million transplant and heart and kidney transplants go to the highest bidder

When bureaucrats and politicians spend other people’s money to create services they won’t themselves consume, only bad things happen.
Yeah let the stinkin# robber barons rob us all blind. Healthcare is one of the biggest redistributions of wealth, from the poor to the rich, that ever existed on the planet. The people want and need single-payer healthcare, bottom line.
Either that or make it easier to get to Canada, Mexico or Cuba and screw all the American middle man getting rich at the expense of sick people.
Concerned about quality? Don't be. With over 140,000 people dying annually from medical error in the USA what has the average Joe got to lose? At least with access to free or reduced-cost health care elsewhere something of your estate will be left to pass on to the loved ones left behind.

Forum List

Back