Government killing private charity

And your attempt to take this story and add your partisan spin is laughable :)

yeah, unaffiliated registered me is a partisan.
I merely pointed out the facts of the council, nothing partisan about facts.
Next ignorant statement from you?

Sure, you were just pointing out a fact.
Yes, I was.

I know I'm new, but do you really expect me to eat that line of bull?
Perhaps you should view some of my other posts to glean some information about me.

yeah, those repubs, indep, anarchists want to throw away variances in their hoods. They want everyone to run a diner, auto repair shop, shop shop, body shop, tat parlors, strip joints, race tracks, right next door to you.

Your poor attempt to compare a for profit business to a charity feeding children is laughable.

even a non profit operation is considered a business.

Particular by politicians that want money, as this case shows.

yeah, unaffiliated registered me is a partisan.
I merely pointed out the facts of the council, nothing partisan about facts.
Next ignorant statement from you?

Sure, you were just pointing out a fact.
Yes, I was.

I know I'm new, but do you really expect me to eat that line of bull?
Perhaps you should view some of my other posts to glean some information about me.
And the reason you weren't suprised that the council is majority dem?

Go peddle your "I'm not partisan" nonsense elsewhere, I'm not buying it.

It would be one thing if this woman were providing and distributing the food herself. The limits of her ability would limit the size of the gatherings to something reasonable for the neighborhood. But, when prepared meals are being trucked in daily, this could grow into a real annoyance for the neighbors (as if 20 bored Trayvons isn't bad enough).

yeah, those repubs, indep, anarchists want to throw away variances in their hoods. They want everyone to run a diner, auto repair shop, shop shop, body shop, tat parlors, strip joints, race tracks, right next door to you.

No, dear, what we want is for common sense to be applied to the difference between a neighborhood lady handing out donated sandwiches and someone running a business.

Moonglow would rather have an oppressive government than one with common sense. But what do you expect from one that can't distinguish between a for profit company and a charity.
Sad.

you wish, I run a 504 business myself., and u want to have no codes for any city correct?

Last edited:
Your poor attempt to compare a for profit business to a charity feeding children is laughable.

Still it must comply with city codes, are you against city codes also? I was, That is why I bought 43 acres and live in a sparsly poulated area.
but there are ways to redress the situation, and sarcasm and belittleing on this forum is not one of them.

I wasn't surprised because that is the way many liberals act.
--Just pay us a zoning fee and we will let you be charitable.--
Do you not see the sanctimonious bullshit in that kind of activity?

Go look at the lemonade stand thread, then look at the city councils of the cities in it, you will find the same politics. Liberal Democrats and (slightly less) liberals calling themselves Republicans.

I still find it funny that you are upset because I pointed out the political make-up of the city council. Do facts bother you?

Still it must comply with city codes, are you against city codes also? I was, That is why I bought 43 acres and live in a sparsly poulated area.
but there are ways to redress the situation, and sarcasm and belittleing on this forum is not one of them.

Just the stupid ones.

I defended the guy running a church on his property because 1) It wasn't open to the public. 2) He owned enough land that none of his guests occupied the street or the neighbors' yards.

The woman's food pantry is 1) Open to the public's children. 2) She doesn't have enough property to keep the kids out of the street or the neighbors' yards. 3) This woman receives regular deliveries of prepared meals produced in essentially a commercial kitchen.

Go look at the lemonade stand thread, then look at the city councils of the cities in it, you will find the same politics. Liberal Democrats and (slightly less) liberals calling themselves Republicans.

I still find it funny that you are upset because I pointed out the political make-up of the city council. Do facts bother you?

How does paying to change a variance a liberal institution? I lived in a very republican controlled area and they put in codes. fees etc, like every other city does.

I'm with the govt on this one. Just because you want to be helpful does not mean you need to break laws or codes.

The laws and codes are flawed when they restrict the ability of individuals and private charity organizations from alleviating hunger and poverty.

No, the charities are flawed when the conduct of their business has to violate code. We don't need soup kitchens out of homes in the ghetto. The ghetto's ghetto enough.

It's a nice thought and a great gesture, but codes help to alleviate poverty and improve quality of life, too. People should just keep their nice thoughts and gestures within those lines.

How does paying to change a variance a liberal institution? I lived in a very republican controlled area and they put in codes. fees etc, like every other city does.

It is liberal, be they Democrats or Republicans.
As in liberally helping themselves to somebody else's money under the guise of law. (See my sig line for clarification)

I'm with the govt on this one. Just because you want to be helpful does not mean you need to break laws or codes.

The laws and codes are flawed when they restrict the ability of individuals and private charity organizations from alleviating hunger and poverty.

No, the charities are flawed when the conduct of their business has to violate code. We don't need soup kitchens out of homes in the ghetto. The ghetto's ghetto enough.

It's a nice thought and a great gesture, but codes help to alleviate poverty and improve quality of life, too. People should just keep their nice thoughts and gestures within those lines.

Feeding the hungry is a noble and worthy endeavor. Too bad too many see it as the sole purview of government, which has proven time and again to be woefully inadequate to the task. I say, bravo to this woman and those providing the food for children who would otherwise have poor or none.

This is where charity should begin, in the community. Food provided by an organization that collects, prepares, and distributes the much needed food to local individuals who know and understand exactly what the community needs. And as observed, feeding these children takes them off the streets and out of the "line of fire", demonstrating in a most concrete and realistic manner just how one treats one's fellows.

Feeding the hungry is a noble and worthy endeavor. Too bad too many see it as the sole purview of government, which has proven time and again to be woefully inadequate to the task. I say, bravo to this woman and those providing the food for children who would otherwise have poor or none.

Uh, shithead, children in America don't starve. The parents of these Afro kids get food stamps and an incredible amount of welfare. The government does an adequate job. More than adequate, considering that practically every Afro in the country gets free food from the government at some point in their lives.

And, she's not providing the food. Whites in the Catholic Church are providing the food. Her family benefits from the arrangement by getting first dibs on the food, for hosting this daily recreational event.

This has nothing to with a belief that only government should feed the hungry. It's about an institution running a public kitchen in a residential neighborhood. It sucks enough to be a stupid Afro without your neighbor pulling down the neighborhood by hosting something like this.

Uh, shithead, children in America don't starve. The parents of these Afro kids get food stamps and an incredible amount of welfare. The government does an adequate job. More than adequate, considering that practically every Afro in the country gets free food from the government at some point in their lives.

And, she's not providing the food. Whites in the Catholic Church are providing the food. Her family benefits from the arrangement by getting first dibs on the food, for hosting this daily recreational event.

This has nothing to with a belief that only government should feed the hungry. It's about an institution running a public kitchen in a residential neighborhood. It sucks enough to be a stupid Afro without your neighbor pulling down the neighborhood by hosting something like this.

OK, I get it, you missed the point entirely...the libs are always harping about how government welfare is absolutely mandatory because private charity and local people don't care. Private welfare is alive and well. Children will be fed without the government robbing you and I to do it. Got that?

OK, I get it, you missed the point entirely...the libs are always harping about how government welfare is absolutely mandatory because private charity and local people don't care. Private welfare is alive and well. Children will be fed without the government robbing you and I to do it. Got that?

But, then things like what happened in the OP screw with private charity stepping up and taking care of people.
Notice who defends the government restriction of private entities providing charity. (Liberals)

Forum List

Back