Government killing minors who are American citizens

I think the main gripe is the fact that the Constitution is being skirted as well as Congress... thats not OK with me, no matter who we dispatch as an enemy. Lets do it legally, or one of us could be next.... remember Janet Napolitano thought US veterans are possible terrorists.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KbwiMJ74Bw]Department of Homeland Security Calls Military Veterans "terrorist!" - YouTube[/ame]

What do you mean by legally though? because legally, we had no right to go into Pakistan and get Bin Laden, and legally had no right to invade Iraq.

Pakistan maybe no, but Iraq... yes.

Iraq was violating the resolutions Iraq agreed to abide by.

I just think it is hypocritical for Obama to order their deaths, yet waterboarding was unconstitutional.

Doesnt smell right to me thats all.

I think the main gripe is the fact that the Constitution is being skirted as well as Congress... thats not OK with me, no matter who we dispatch as an enemy. Lets do it legally, or one of us could be next.... remember Janet Napolitano thought US veterans are possible terrorists.

Department of Homeland Security Calls Military Veterans "terrorist!" - YouTube

What do you mean by legally though? because legally, we had no right to go into Pakistan and get Bin Laden, and legally had no right to invade Iraq.

I just think it is hypocritical for Obama to order their deaths, yet waterboarding was unconstitutional.

I don't know, its hard for me to have sympathy for these guys since they were Al Qaeda scumbags.

Actually, upon further reading, it seems likely that the child was NOT the target.

However, that doesn't change the fact that our intelligence was so bad that we touted his killing as that of a 21-year-old. And we were so proud of it that we put it in news releases ahead of the man who may have been the actual target.

This kind of recklessness and ignorance is what comes of not holding our government accountable and only caring about the constitution when dealing with someone we are sympathetic to.

So you were wrong that we target "innocent children" I really don't care about faulty intel on some little terrorists age was wrong. As i said before... i don't care if it was women breast feeding babies.

We took the strike..and killed all who were in the cell.

WOHOO job well done. :thup:

We target American citizens with sucky intelligence. We claim that we know enough about them to justify depriving them of their lives without due process. This case proves in no uncertain terms that we do not know enough to skirt the constitution in the way we have done.

Again who was the target?

So you were wrong that we target "innocent children" I really don't care about faulty intel on some little terrorists age was wrong. As i said before... i don't care if it was women breast feeding babies.

We took the strike..and killed all who were in the cell.

WOHOO job well done. :thup:

We target American citizens with sucky intelligence. We claim that we know enough about them to justify depriving them of their lives without due process. This case proves in no uncertain terms that we do not know enough to skirt the constitution in the way we have done.

In this case? It might have been Ibrahim al-Banna.

It's hard to be sure. I'm having trouble finding the article where I read the probable target among all the articles crowing about us killing the supposed 21-year-old.

Last edited:

I don't know, its hard for me to have sympathy for these guys since they were Al Qaeda scumbags.

I know what ya mean.... its a tough one indeed.

Thanks for the debate though....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMos326VfUs&feature=related]bugs bunny qoute - YouTube[/ame]

In this case? It might have been Ibrahim al-Banna.

It's hard to be sure. I'm having trouble finding the article where I read the probable target among all the articles crowing about us killing the supposed 21-year-old.

Look on the bright side. The dead little shitbag as all of eternity to enjoy his 72 virgins.

Forum List

Back