Government killing minors who are American citizens

Our government killed a 16-year-old American citizen whose grandfather says he was just getting ready to eat.

Our government claimed he was 21 and involved in war-like activities.

Something is profoundly wrong with this picture.

I have zero issue with it. One less terrorist in the world.

How do you know we were not targeting one of the 17 other people he was with?

If he was really innocent he shouldn't have been there surrounded by Al Qaeda affiliates.

bingo. Though i doubt he was innocent. I am sure he was brought up to be a terrorist just like his father.

We don't know because our gov't won't tell us who they were targeting.

What we do know is that our gov't contentedly reported that they had killed Awlaki's 21-year-old son. So they were aware he was there and they didn't do enough due diligence to find that he was a child before they killed him.

So the government has to tell us everything on the people we are targetting?

When they kill American citizens - especially minors - yes, I expect more accountability than if they were targeting noncitizens who were targeting us.

If he was innocent what was he doing in an Al Qaeda hide out? His age is really irrelevant to me if he was working with Al Qaeda to kill Americans. In Yemen 16 is a man anyways they don't do the whole ""minor" thing like we do here.

What was he doing in an Al Qaeda hideout? What teenagers do. Living with family.

If that is the case

Then its the family's fault for putting a minor in harms way.

If Any American Citizen is Staying in a place they know is an Al Qeada Hide out, then they have no right to complain if they get a Bomb Dropped on their ass. It's no Secret were at war with Al Qeada. If we target an Al qeada Hide out, and an American Citizen who is in it is killed, it's not our fault, and not a violation of the law.

Our government killed a 16-year-old American citizen whose grandfather says he was just getting ready to eat.

Our government claimed he was 21 and involved in war-like activities.

Something is profoundly wrong with this picture.

What we do know is that our gov't contentedly reported that they had killed Awlaki's 21-year-old son. So they were aware he was there and they didn't do enough due diligence to find that he was a child before they killed him.

I really dont care who they killed. The killed some 20 terrorists....:clap2::clap2:

if the son was there....tough shit.

Why does it matter? It was an Al Qeada Hide out, it's a legit Target no matter who is hiding in it.

The government is not obligated to "do due Diligence" to make sure no American Citizens are in side an Al Qeada Hide out before we bomb it. If you are an American Citizen Minor or not, and are inside a place you know to be an Al Qeada hide out, you might get killed. Sorry. Moral, don't hang out with Al Qeada. I mean this is stupid as hell, if we had killed some stupid America guys kid who was hiding in say A German Bunker in WWII there would have been no question about the legality. If you hang out with the Enemy, you are the enemy, and you will be treated as such.

Last edited:
What was he doing in an Al Qaeda hideout? What teenagers do. Living with family.

If that is the case

Exactly, plus in Yemen 16 is not really considered a "minor", they don't do things the same way we do here in the US, you can be 16 married with kids in some of those tribal provinces.

16 in this country should not be considered a minor either. 16 is prime muslim terrorist age.

When they kill American citizens - especially minors - yes, I expect more accountability than if they were targeting noncitizens who were targeting us.

Again.... how do you know who they were targeting? Its not as if it was a surgical strike on a car.

We killed a terrorist cell.... i really dont care who was there.

If that is the case

If Any American Citizen is Staying in a place they know is an Al Qeada Hide out, then they have no right to complain if they get a Bomb Dropped on their ass. It's no Secret were at war with Al Qeada. If we target an Al qeada Hide out, and an American Citizen who is in it is killed, it's not our fault, and not a violation of the law.

That's about how i feel about it. Tough damn shit. I don't care if it was women breast feeding babies...

Why does it matter? It was an Al Qeada Hide out, it's a legit Target no matter who is hiding in it.

The government is not obligated to "do due Diligence" to make sure no American Citizens are in side an Al Qeada Hide out before we bomb it.

But we know they targeted Anwar al-Awlaki. Didn't just kill him as collateral damage. When they didn't seem to have enough evidence against him to place him in prison for longer than 15 years.

And we know they trumpeted that they killed the menacing 21-year-old son of Anwar al-Awlaki, proving that they didn't even have good enough intelligence to know that he was significantly less than 21.

They are seriously undermining their claim that we should be able to trust them to appropriately target American citizens without filing charges and seeking convictions first.

The government is not obligated to "do due Diligence" to make sure no American Citizens are in side an Al Qeada Hide out before we bomb it.

But we know they targeted Anwar al-Awlaki. Didn't just kill him as collateral damage. When they didn't seem to have enough evidence against him to place him in prison for longer than 15 years.

And we know they trumpeted that they killed the menacing 21-year-old son of Anwar al-Awlaki, proving that they didn't even have good enough intelligence to know that he was significantly less than 21.

They are seriously undermining their claim that we should be able to trust them to appropriately target American citizens without filing charges and seeking convictions first.

alqeada... terrorist.... to damn bad if you end up dead.... i really dont care what nationality your are. I really dont give a rats ass if he was not 21.....

we took out a terrorist cell...... :clap2:

Again.... how do you know who they were targeting? Its not as if it was a surgical strike on a car.

We killed a terrorist cell.... i really dont care who was there.
If you're hanging with terrorists and you happen to be there when they get what has been coming to them? Too bad. I agree...and have no sympathy for any of them.

But we know they targeted Anwar al-Awlaki. Didn't just kill him as collateral damage.
We targeted Al-Awlaki after Several Years of Attempting to Take him into Custody alive.

When they didn't seem to have enough evidence against him to place him in prison for longer than 15 years.
You have no idea how much evidence we have now, nor how long we could have put him in prison for.

Besides who cares, Like I said This is a very unique Case Anwar al-Awlaki Did not keep it secret that he was at war with the US. He was on Tape, He had chose to hide out in a country he knew we could not get to him any other way in, He was engaged in War against the US.

When a US citizen broadcasts on the Internet that they have joined our enemy, and are at war with the US. They should have no more rights as a Citizen, they are they enemy. We should be able to kill them with no more evidence than their own Statements.

But we know they targeted Anwar al-Awlaki. Didn't just kill him as collateral damage.
We targeted Al-Awlaki after Several Years of Attempting to Take him into Custody alive.

When they didn't seem to have enough evidence against him to place him in prison for longer than 15 years.
You have no idea how much evidence we have now, nor how long we could have put him in prison for.

Besides who cares, Like I said This is a very unique Case Anwar al-Awlaki Did not keep it secret that he was at war with the US. He was on Tape, He had chose to hide out in a country he knew we could not get to him any other way in, He was engaged in War against the US.

When a US citizen broadcasts on the Internet that they have joined our enemy, and are at war with the US. They should have no more rights as a Citizen, they are they enemy. We should be able to kill them with no more evidence than their own Statements.

I did not intend to re-argue the Anwar al-Awlaki case. My point is that evidence is mounting that the intelligence is faulty which we are using to justify killing American citizens without any sort of judicial review. When we haven't done enough research on our targets and their companions to know that the Denver-born son of a man as famous as al-Awlaki is only 16 years old - when we actually declare him to be 21 - we are racing headlong down that slippery slope.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CT9

Right. Bad form. Soulda waited until after desert.

Yeah. haha.

Bottom line: If our intelligence is so bad that we would highlight with apparent pride the killing of a 21-year-old whom we should have known was a 16-year-old, then we don't have enough intelligence to be targeting American citizens without judicial review.

Last edited:
His son was knee deep in the game, I don't remember Al Qaeda taking precautions to try and not kill American kids.

It is bigger than just him and his kid. I could careless if they die, but the fact that it happened to both of them without a trial sets a dangerous precedent. It was completely accepted I've gone into this many times, but Terrorist is broadly defined. So if you are considered a terrorist they can just throw u on a kill list and kill you and your family.

I hope the government never abuses it, but it is their now for them to use.

How did the War Powers Act work out for us? Just think a little bit, look at the big picture. Murdering these two has had more of an impact on your life than they ever did before this. These dudes are a bunch of goat fucking rapist, they are stupid. They aren't capable of carrying out many attacks. It sucks 9/11 happened and we gotta keep up our guard but these people are incredible failures. Nobody else has as much trouble killing people as these dudes. Shit High School kids are more successful terrorist than these dumb asses in the desert.

His son was knee deep in the game, I don't remember Al Qaeda taking precautions to try and not kill American kids.

We're supposed to be better than they are.

If he was "knee deep" we should have been able to prove it. If we didn't even know enough about him to have his age right, how can you trust anything else you've heard against him?

If he was innocent what was he doing in an Al Qaeda hide out? His age is really irrelevant to me if he was working with Al Qaeda to kill Americans. In Yemen 16 is a man anyways they don't do the whole ""minor" thing like we do here.

Probably because his father was. Do you think an adolescent or mother was going to tell a islamic fundamentalist how to raise his children?

This kid was essentially a prisoner he had about as much freedom over the course of his life. I'm not saying that gives him a pass, but if your dad was in a 3rd world country while you were in your teens I bet you would be there. So lets not over exaggerate the independence he had. Regardless I think it is dangerous just off the face of it, they should of just went through the trial. I don't understand how that's so hard. They wanna try 9/11 plotters in civilian court in NYC but they don't want to give citizens atleast some form of a trial before calling in a drone on them?

It makes no sense and its a joke. Screw OWS the people should be pissed about this, but their peanut brains and their representatives peanut brains doesn't allow for them to remember something more than two weeks that they can't see the effects of.

Aside from that, this child was not just sitting on the floor playing Halo, the kids over in that part of the world are nothing like the kids in the western world. Many can field strip and fire light machine guns and operate RPG launchers and have a fire fight or two under their belts. It does not make it any less a shame, and its crappy to say but it was for the better. Who knows, they may have got the next OBL.

^^That excuse is laughable it could of been the next OBL.

Well guess what he wasn't.... that doesn't justify the encroachment on your rights that made that possible.

I always thought the line was corny, but now I really appreciate it after seeing the reaction to awlaki's death I fear Benjamin Franklin was dead on and perhaps may become some sort of prophecy.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Forum List

Back