Government is needed

Let us know when the consent of the governed reflects a poll this nation is moving in the right direction. Hell, even Democrats are jumping off Obama's ship. The truth is Democrats have enjoyed a massive monopoly on government and legislation for decades and decades. A lack of something didn't just occur on the Bush watch. It was always there. It is amazing watching today's liberals pushing for government control. I'll bet they are government workers, slave to voting Democrat. No reform, increased taxation, increased spending, increased government, and feeding off the lower and middle class American people by government is the new liberal mantra.

Last edited:
Winston Churchill, " If you are 20 and not a liberal, you don't have a heart. If you are 40 and still a liberal you don't have a brain."

Winston Churchill died nearly 50 years ago and what you currently call conservative he would have hated.

Things change and todays conservative would make him puke

Of, for and By the people.

When you say our government cant do anything right you are insulting the American people directly.

Has government done things wrong ? of course just look at the Bush two terms and its result.

To merely claim that government cant do anything right is an idiots statement.

without the goverenment this whole country would not even exsist.

Who in this thread said "government cant do anything right"?

Everyone acknowledges we need some government, it's the size of government that bothers people.

<yawn>

We need de jure government to protect us from force and fraud.......and that's it.

And they don't even discharge that duty with any kind of decent level of effectiveness.

right here

Let us know when the consent of the governed reflects a poll this nation is moving in the right direction. Hell, even Democrats are jumping off Obama's ship. The truth is Democrats have enjoyed a massive monopoly on government and legislation for decades and decades. A lack of something didn't just occur on the Bush watch. It was always there. It is amazing watching today's liberals pushing for government control. I'll bet they are government workers, slave to voting Democrat. No reform, increased taxation, increased spending, increased government, and feeding off the lower and middle class American people by government is the new liberal mantra.

Now for the REAL truth.

go look at this chart and you will see that the Republicans have had the majority control for nearly 30 years you fool.

Party In Power - Congress and Presidency - A Visual Guide To The Balance of Power In Congress, 1945-2008

Year Congress President Senate (100) House (435)
2009 111th D D - 55*** D - 256
2007 110th R D - 51** D - 233
2005 109th R R - 55 R - 232
2003 108th R R - 51 R - 229
2001 107th R D* R - 221
1999 106th D R - 55 R - 223
1997 105th D R - 55 R - 228
1995 104th D R - 52 R - 230
1993 103rd D D - 57 D - 258
1991 102nd R D - 56 D - 267
1989 101st R D - 55 D - 260
1987 100th R D - 55 D - 258
1985 99th R R - 53 D - 253
1983 98th R R - 54 D - 269
1981 97th R R - 53 D - 242
1979 96th D D - 58 D - 277
1977 95th D D - 61 D - 292
1975 94th R D - 60 D -291
1973 93rd R D - 56 D - 242
1971 92nd R D - 54 D - 255
1969 91st R D - 57 D - 243
1967 90th D D - 64 D - 247
1965 89th D D - 68 D - 295
1963 88th D D - 66 D - 259
1961 87th D D - 64 D - 263
1959 86th R D - 65 D -283
1957 85th R D - 49 D - 232
1955 84th R D - 48 D - 232
1953 83rd R R - 48 D - 221
1951 82nd D D - 49 D - 235
1949 81st D D - 54 D - 263
1947 80th D R - 51 R - 246

"That government is best which governs least." - Thomas Paine

<yawn>

We need de jure government to protect us from force and fraud.......and that's it.

And they don't even discharge that duty with any kind of decent level of effectiveness.

You dont get to deside all by your little self what this government does.

Its a democracy (much to your chagrin) and all the people will deside

ROFL! The United States of America is a Constitutional Republic, the only thing democratic about it is the representation.

But you can have your democracy, just remember that when you choose to implement an idea that'll single out the individual, you've destroyed this country's foundation.

I agree that government is needed today. I think that we should not be complaining for the way our nation is fumbling. We are the ones who have the power to vote and ultimately make the executive decision. If we are to blame anyone I think we should look at how our fellow Americans have participated. I find that when Americans feel that they need government it is moments of crisis. Take 9/11 for example, we all turned to our leaders to guide and support us. To ensure that we are protected but now that the issue of money is our main crisis Americans are becoming more apprehensive on money issues we blame the government.

<yawn>

ROFL! The United States of America is a Constitutional Republic, the only thing democratic about it is the representation.

But you can have your democracy, just remember that when you choose to implement an idea that'll single out the individual, you've destroyed this country's foundation.

A constitutional republic is a type of democracy you fool

I wonder if liberals take a look at their own links.

Party In Power - Congress and Presidency - A Visual Guide To The Balance of Power In Congress, 1945-2008

Let me do the basic math for the "No Child Left Behind" folks:

Democrats have owned the Presidency for 45.5% of the time since WWII.

Democrats have owned Congress (where all your laws come from) for 70% of the time since WWII.

Democrats have owned the House for 79% of the time since WWII.

Given the significant Democrat advantage in monopolizing all legislation in the last half a century plus, isn't it a little childish to be blaming the GOP for government's failure today? How long will folks allow liberals to keep dipping into that well?

Again, who said we didn't need government?

No one, another liberal shriek lie. Mythical monsters liberals need to force an agenda.

Democrats have owned the Senate for over 70% of time since WWII, and 78% of the House since WWII, so clearly the failure to have healthcare at this day and age must be the fault of Democrats who have had a monopoly on legislation in this nation for decades and decades. It's always been pretty convenient to blame the lack of something on the GOP.

I have little faith in the GOP to return to it's fiscally conservative roots, but the truth is Democrats are the leading cause of failure in our government with that much control over the last century.

Why is it anyone who opposes THIS corrupt government is assumed to be seeking anarchy?

That response is almost as absurd as assuming liberals founded and guided our nation, or wanted THIS government for us today.

Now go back only thirty years and see what happens?

The entire time your team fought any legislation to fix the healthcare mess and watched it balloon on the American people.

Health care delivery was not a problem back in the 50s

Of, for and By the people.

When you say our government cant do anything right you are insulting the American people directly.

Has government done things wrong ? of course just look at the Bush two terms and its result.

To merely claim that government cant do anything right is an idiots statement.

without the goverenment this whole country would not even exsist.

I never said what you claim

Is that why Democrats and many of their servants have found a home in the healthcare and insurance industries??? High paying jobs too. Rich social elitists. Nice to see Obama lay down after the big pharmaceutical payoff. Let's see how much more corruption emerges after their vacations.

A constitutional republic is a type of democracy you fool

Nice ad-hominem attack. I'm glad you already admitted your defeat. But no, historically a constitutional republic is not a democracy, only has certain democratic elements.

I have to laugh at the republicans claim that they oppose big government. Have the republicans ever cut the size of government while they were in power? Republicans love their government just as much as Democrats. They favor diffferent programs, but they want the government in your lives for their pet issues.

Everyone hates the government until the program they rely on gets cut.

I have to laugh at the republicans claim that they oppose big government. Have the republicans ever cut the size of government while they were in power? Republicans love their government just as much as Democrats. They favor diffferent programs, but they want the government in your lives for their pet issues.

Everyone hates the government until the program they rely on gets cut.

which is the exact reason why we as citizens should be seeking out and supporting third party candidates.

Forum List

Back