Government intrustion into my life

I wasn't "pretending" anything. If I was you'd be able to tell me what government intrusion into my daily life I left out.

Challenge accepted!

"DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG UNDER PENALTY OF LAW"

The tags actually read: "This tag may not be removed except by the consumer." I'm the consumer, aren't I? what are you, a fucking moron? Do you ever find yourself waiting for stop signs to turn green and say "Go"?

I see the point sailed about a mile over your head.

A law label is a legally required tag or label on new items describing the fabric and filling regulating the United States mattress, upholstery and stuffed article (e.g.: pillows, plush toys, comforters, etc.) industry.

Law label - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The federal government intrudes into every single aspect of your life. From every waking moment right into the dream state you appear to be in.

Last edited:
Challenge accepted!

"DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG UNDER PENALTY OF LAW"

The tags actually read: "This tag may not be removed except by the consumer." I'm the consumer, aren't I? what are you, a fucking moron? Do you ever find yourself waiting for stop signs to turn green and say "Go"?

I see the point sailed about a mile over your head.

A law label is a legally required tag or label on new items describing the fabric and filling regulating the United States mattress, upholstery and stuffed article (e.g.: pillows, plush toys, comforters, etc.) industry.

Law label - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The federal government touches every single aspect of your life. From every waking moment right into the dream state you appear to be in.

Sorry but manufacturing pillows isn't part of my daily life. I certainly don't considering getting to know what my pillows are made of to be an "intrusion". If I had an allergy to certain pillow fillings it would actually be quite useful information.

Cuba, North Korea and Russia have roads too.

So?

Somolia does too; of course there, those who control the streets do so with AK's, not by the authority of law established by a government of the people and for the people [little did Lincoln know that the people to which he refered would one day include IBM, General Motors and Chevron].

Post roads? I'm sure that by "post roads" the Founders meant the intestate highway system. Clearly its primary use is postal.
Clearly its primary use is transportation of goods. It's commercial.

Its primary purpose, however, when initiated was to ease troop movements.

Yeah, I'm sure Eisenhower could not have even conceived of its benefit to ordinary people and businesses.

Post roads? I'm sure that by "post roads" the Founders meant the intestate highway system. Clearly its primary use is postal.
Clearly its primary use is transportation of goods. It's commercial.

Its primary purpose, however, when initiated was to ease troop movements.

Yeah, I'm sure Eisenhower could not have even conceived of its benefit to ordinary people and businesses.

"Primary purpose" clearly indicates there are other, secondary purposes.

Sarcasm fail.

The expectation of government has gone from the being the steward of the People's money and efficiently providing common services, to a battle of ideologies. The production class vs. the dependency class. One is tired of being asked to do more and the other expects the government to be their provider. As the expectations grow, so grows the government. It is a generational thing. Much like a family business.

??? Its the opposite.

The dependency class - the wealthy class who depend on the workers to do all the work for them - actually want government to be smaller. This is because government gets in their way of exploitation of the masses.

The other side - the productive class, the people that build the cars, mill the paper, transport goods from one side of the nation to the other - expect government to step in and keep the wealthy dependency class in line.

I wasn't expecting you to come out so blatantly as a communist. At least now we know what we are dealing with here.

It's true that businesses depend on labor but labor also depends on businesses. It doesn't do a union any good to negotiate a contract that puts the company they work for out of business. There is a mutual benefit to cooperation. Your antagonism against the job creators is self defeating in the end. In other words, "Don't cut off the hand that feeds you!".

Things that are in demand have more value, the same goes for people. Many people can push a button all day but not many people can design the machine that the button is attached to or come up with the idea for the product that the machine creates. This creativity would be stifled in a completely equal, static environment. There would be no reason to excel if there were no rewards for excellence.

The drive that made our ancestors become better hunters and gatherers is the same drive that propels us towards capitalism. The better you hunted the more meat and furs you would have, you could trade this for fruit and vegetables that others had gathered. If you did neither you would have nothing to trade. In that kind of society you better find something useful to do or you will starve. Why should I not be rewarded for my ability to hunt? I walk for hours to find game and risk my life to bring it down then I carry the game all the way back to camp. If you want some meat you better learn to tan my hides or gather fruits and vegetables. Make my arrows or watch my kids, whatever needs done. If you can find a niche you get to eat and thrive. You, however would take my meat and give it out to all regardless of their contribution to the group. If you take the fruits of my labor away from me then please tell me what reason I would have to continue hunting. Why wouldn't I just sit around like all the others and wait for someone else to go hunt? If everyone did that then we would all starve.

Communism rejects the very strategies that propelled the human race to become the dominant life on this planet.

Eisenhower did NOT write the Constitution. The men who DID write it...MEANT POST OFFICES!

They viewed delivery of the mail as one of the very FEW essential services that made it a legitimate function and obligation of the FEDERAL government!

As to WHY Eisenhower turned a slush fund into a program to provide for the national defense? Cause as I said, he was a transportation office during WWI. He was part of a convoy that moved war goods across the country back in 1918-19, somewhere in there, using old Ford Model T trucks. It did NOT go well for him and it left an impression on him.

As a matter of fact, there are old photos of him pushing those trucks down muddy wagon trails. Trails the fed did NOT build, by the way. They were built by the PEOPLE who risked ALL and really built this country.

Which brings us to the MISGUIDED nature of OohPooPooMe and Obama's asinine assertion.

Even the highway system that OohPooPooME cites as PROOF of Obama's genius was built as a RESPONSE to the advent of Henry Ford's Model T. The Model T was being built LONG before ANY federal highway system was even conceived of!

As a matter of fact, there were more miles of paved roads inside the city limits of most major European cities, like Paris or London than there were in the ENTIRE United States of America at the time the first Model T's were rolling off the production line! FACT!

Your and Obama's logic, examples, revisionist history, class warfare...EPIC FAIL!

The tail...DON'T wag the dog!

By the way OohPooPooMe, I don't make up SQUAT! Those figures are from the Department of Transportation. google it if you want to remain ignorant...or look BEHIND the curtain of google if you can stand to be enlightened!

The expectation of government has gone from the being the steward of the People's money and efficiently providing common services, to a battle of ideologies. The production class vs. the dependency class. One is tired of being asked to do more and the other expects the government to be their provider. As the expectations grow, so grows the government. It is a generational thing. Much like a family business.

??? Its the opposite.

The dependency class - the wealthy class who depend on the workers to do all the work for them - actually want government to be smaller. This is because government gets in their way of exploitation of the masses.

The other side - the productive class, the people that build the cars, mill the paper, transport goods from one side of the nation to the other - expect government to step in and keep the wealthy dependency class in line.

I wasn't expecting you to come out so blatantly as a communist. At least now we know what we are dealing with here.

It's true that businesses depend on labor but labor also depends on businesses. It doesn't do a union any good to negotiate a contract that puts the company they work for out of business. There is a mutual benefit to cooperation. Your antagonism against the job creators is self defeating in the end. In other words, "Don't cut off the hand that feeds you!".

Things that are in demand have more value, the same goes for people. Many people can push a button all day but not many people can design the machine that the button is attached to or come up with the idea for the product that the machine creates. This creativity would be stifled in a completely equal, static environment. There would be no reason to excel if there were no rewards for excellence.

The drive that made our ancestors become better hunters and gatherers is the same drive that propels us towards capitalism. The better you hunted the more meat and furs you would have, you could trade this for fruit and vegetables that others had gathered. If you did neither you would have nothing to trade. In that kind of society you better find something useful to do or you will starve. Why should I not be rewarded for my ability to hunt? I walk for hours to find game and risk my life to bring it down then I carry the game all the way back to camp. If you want some meat you better learn to tan my hides or gather fruits and vegetables. Make my arrows or watch my kids, whatever needs done. If you can find a niche you get to eat and thrive. You, however would take my meat and give it out to all regardless of their contribution to the group. If you take the fruits of my labor away from me then please tell me what reason I would have to continue hunting. Why wouldn't I just sit around like all the others and wait for someone else to go hunt? If everyone did that then we would all starve.

Communism rejects the very strategies that propelled the human race to become the dominant life on this planet.
Dang. Outta rep.

Very well said. :clap2:

Forum List

Back