Government Healthcare Fraud Grows Every Year!

Don't get me wrong... I'm not for defrauding Medicare. But I'm thinking, if this thing is handled with Obama's usual ham-fisted approach... he's going to be pissing off ALOT of Medicare providers by treating them like criminals.

Hmmmm... underpayments *AND* more hassle? What could go wrong? :lol:

Oh... and did you get a load of Charlie Crist yesterday on Fox News Sunday, saying how the fix for Medicare would involve curbing "waste, fraud, and abuse"??? Looks like he didn't get the memo that thoses "savings" (when and if they're ever found) will be heading to the Obamacare coffers and not rolled over into Medicare. :rolleyes:
I hope Rubio beats his silly ass pink and purple.

I would prefer that private care facilities such as the one in the case I mentioned be held accountable for their unilateral actions that do nothing to improve the patient's quality of life. When anyone wants to improve their own bottom line over and above a patient's rights I consider that abuse.

By whose standards?

Someone else could just as vociferously argue that the woman had the right to have her life extended by any means possible. We live in an incredibly litigious society - perhaps they were afraid they would be sued if they didn't perform the procedures - it does happen.

I'm also concerned about the ethics of allowing someone to die just because she can't feed and dress herself - not a good precedent when the government is undertaking the regulations by which we will all be GIFTED care by our overlords.

The best strategy is to have a living will which leaves no doubt as to what measure one would wish to be undertaken.

On the topic of Medicare Fraud - it's perfectly logical and expected.

The Moral Hazard of making massive amounts of Other People's Money to politicians and bureaucrats who have no personal accountability makes such money an Easy Target for the dishonest.

From your article
President Obama will discuss a new effort to recoup taxpayer dollars through the use of payment recapture audits, which offer specialized private auditors financial incentives to root out improper payments, and have been demonstrated through pilot programs to be highly effective. In fact, expanded use of payment recapture audits could return at least $2 billion in taxpayer money over the next three years– double the current amount of projected recovered costs.

Wow, another pay & chase audit that could return at least $2 billion in a $100+ Billion & growing criminal Enterprise. Wow our problems are solved. Does Obama really think this is going to pay for health care for every American? If brains were gun powder that idiot would not have enough to blow his nose.

From your article
President Obama will discuss a new effort to recoup taxpayer dollars through the use of payment recapture audits, which offer specialized private auditors financial incentives to root out improper payments, and have been demonstrated through pilot programs to be highly effective. In fact, expanded use of payment recapture audits could return at least $2 billion in taxpayer money over the next three years– double the current amount of projected recovered costs.

Wow, another pay & chase audit that could return at least $2 billion in a $100+ Billion & growing criminal Enterprise. Wow our problems are solved. Does Obama really think this is going to pay for health care for every American? If brains were gun powder that idiot would not have enough to blow his nose.

I could have sworn he said they were going to cut $500 billion in waste and fraud from Medicare to pay for the takeover . . . . . and folks swallowed that up.

I would prefer that private care facilities such as the one in the case I mentioned be held accountable for their unilateral actions that do nothing to improve the patient's quality of life. When anyone wants to improve their own bottom line over and above a patient's rights I consider that abuse.

By whose standards?

Someone else could just as vociferously argue that the woman had the right to have her life extended by any means possible. We live in an incredibly litigious society - perhaps they were afraid they would be sued if they didn't perform the procedures - it does happen.

I'm also concerned about the ethics of allowing someone to die just because she can't feed and dress herself - not a good precedent when the government is undertaking the regulations by which we will all be GIFTED care by our overlords.

The best strategy is to have a living will which leaves no doubt as to what measure one would wish to be undertaken.
I'll ask the neighbors next time I go out to Idaho if mom had a living will. The whole deal from what I heard was a medical shaft job and don't get me wrong I believe that some people can live to be well over a hundred and have quality in their lives still. This particular case was not it.
On the topic of Medicare Fraud - it's perfectly logical and expected.

The Moral Hazard of making massive amounts of Other People's Money to politicians and bureaucrats who have no personal accountability makes such money an Easy Target for the dishonest.

Crooks and thugs have become accustom to taking and making massive amounts of money off of the poor and unsuspecting for so long they now believe that is their right. If and when you question them you may hear what I have heard in the past, "Who the hell do you think you are?"

Government programs directly cover 27.8% of the population (83 million), including the elderly, disabled, children, veterans, and some of the poor, and federal law mandates public access to emergency services regardless of ability to pay. Government spending accounts for 56% of U.S. health care spending. Go figure, it cost the government double per covered person than the private insurance companies.

Care, rod, you are getting dangerously close to, "killing grandma" with your talk of counciling and what not.

Government Death Panels don't scare me. After all, the government obviously isn't in the business of turning a profit or saving money.

Seems Alliance Healthcare's Death Panel needed some convincing my torn ACL required surgery. Think they were counting on me and my sloppy knee falling down some steps and dying before I got approved. That way they save $xx,xxx for my surgery and rehab.

Government programs directly cover 27.8% of the population (83 million), including the elderly, disabled, children, veterans, and some of the poor, and federal law mandates public access to emergency services regardless of ability to pay. Government spending accounts for 56% of U.S. health care spending. Go figure, it cost the government double per covered person than the private insurance companies.

Darn right. Because if something goes wrong in my life like I seriously get sick and I can't pay for my $202 a month private insurance the government picks up the slack so I don't become some street corner leper begging for change on your sidewalk lowing our collective standard of living.

MEDICARE FRAUD IS WELL OVER $100 BILLION ANNUALLY!!!
Medicare Fraud 1994 - part1
Medicare Fraud 1994 - part2
Medicare Fraud 1994 - part3
Medicare Fraud 2007
Medicare Fraud 2007
Medicare Fraud 2009
Health Care Fraud Costs Rising Up to $250 Billion
Great Fraud

FOR OVER 16 YEARS MEDIA & GOVERNMENT PROMISE TO CRACK DOWN ON FRAUD, OVER THAT SAME PERIOD THE FRAUD HAS GROWN 10,000%. SO GOVERNMENT PLEASE TAKE MORE OF MY MONEY THAT I DONATE ALONG WITH MY TIME TO CHARITY. PLEASE TAKE EVEN MORE AND HAND IT OUT TO CRIMINALS!!! I AM WAY TO IRRESPONSIBLE AND STUPID TO BE TRUSTED TO DONATE MY OWN MONEY.

Calm down the people in these districts are going to police the fraud in the new health care system....

Your Guide to the Stimulus, District by (Phantom) District

United States: 440 phantom districts
New Mexico Watchdog broke the story on Monday morning–the Obama Administration claimed to create jobs in congressional districts that did not exist. Those reporting errors, however, was not limited to New Mexico. A Watchdog study has found the stimulus has given $6.4 billion to 440 non-existent districts in all 50 states, D.C. and even four American territories. Click the links below to see what a Watchdog reporter has found in your state:

A Watchdog study has found the stimulus has given $6.4 billion to 440 non-existent districts in all 50 states, D.C. and even four American territories. Click the links below to see what a Watchdog reporter has found in your state:
Are you complaining the stimulus money didn't get spent or saying it was given out to someone and was "wasted"? Where do you think it went?

A Watchdog study has found the stimulus has given $6.4 billion to 440 non-existent districts in all 50 states, D.C. and even four American territories. Click the links below to see what a Watchdog reporter has found in your state:
Are you complaining the stimulus money didn't get spent or saying it was given out to someone and was "wasted"? Where do you think it went?

I was just showing how efficient the federal government is at controlling waste. The people in these districts are going to crack down on fraud under this new health care law.:eusa_whistle:

That is more on topic with the thread.

Ah, what to do.... Find the world's best auditor and force them into political office? Or find that person and force our officials into hiring them and listening to their recommendations.

That is more on topic with the thread.

Ah, what to do.... Find the world's best auditor and force them into political office? Or find that person and force our officials into hiring them and listening to their recommendations.

Now, how do you think those non-auditors will do with 1/6 of the US economy?

What's equally disturbing is what will become of the scam artists if the auditors cut off their funding from taking advantage of the government!

Really that's only 1/2 a joke. Them folks who submit false bills to Uncle Sam or whatever are likely to turn on us or wind up on public assistance.

Where do we find a list of good auditors? I suppose some folks might really like their attorney generals, but state auditors? Not always a name on the tip of my tongue. Guess we need to rank them and keep calling talk shows demanding the good ones get appointed to higher positions.

What's equally disturbing is what will become of the scam artists if the auditors cut off their funding from taking advantage of the government!

Really that's only 1/2 a joke. Them folks who submit false bills to Uncle Sam or whatever are likely to turn on us or wind up on public assistance.

Where do we find a list of good auditors? I suppose some folks might really like their attorney generals, but state auditors? Not always a name on the tip of my tongue. Guess we need to rank them and keep calling talk shows demanding the good ones get appointed to higher positions.

I think this guy is a pretty good auditor...IMO

David Walker on CBS 60 Minutes

Oh how did we survive here in the USA from 1776 to 1910 when the Us government started to levey taxes on us citizens?

Our founding fathers warned us about this crap. Big government is just organized crime. Just look to Chicago. Their sales tax is 10% & they have huge problems. Pay to play for its citizens. Now all the citizens in the entire country must pay to live. Soon we will have to pay for the air we breathe with carbon taxes. The politician's make up complicated laws (ie 2000 page health care law) with loop-holes while in office & then go to the private sector & exploit the crap out of us for the rest of their days.

Government did a great job with Fannie & Freddie, affirmative action lending. They closely guarded our Social Security trust fund. They never pay off their buddies with Medicare or defense spending. The corruption in this country is at crisis levels.

Look at the owners whose names appeared on the the President’s automotive task force Chrysler dealer closing list, and of those who contributed to political campaigns. Most had donated almost exclusively to GOP candidates. The evidence points to a corrupt decision-making process. Is anyone surprised? It’s the Chicago way.

Miami Florida is the Medicare rip-off capital yet they manage to get a gator-aid carve-out in the healthcare bill. I bet you the Medicare rip-off artist that do not get caught contribute to the proper campaigns. I bet all the big medical device & pharma companies who employ ex-politicians are allowed to over-charge the crap out of Medicare for their products.

I can imagine that pharmaceutical companies are drooling at the thought of mandatory insurance.

I said this before but should repeat it. While I was out to visit my folks last year I met some of the new neighbors. The local private hospital/clinic decided that the 80 year old Alzheimer mom of the neighbor needed heart surgery and a pacemaker to extend her life for another 15 years. The poor old woman does not remember how to dress herself. While we visited with mom's new neighbor the mom laid there on the couch. Every fifteen minutes or so the neighbor would go over and help her mom get her blanket and pillow straightened up for her. The neighbor said, "This is terrible. We may not live another fifteen years to take care of her." The neighbor's husband is recovering from cancer and she has had some health issues.

This, my dear friends, is the beginning of death panels.

This, my dear friends, is the beginning of death panels.

What are you talking about? let me sound like Jesus and tell parables.

The first about Government employees at the Post Office who take care of me by delivering my mail at a loss. Taking my letter to Point Barrow Alaska is not a money maker.

Private enterprise employees at UPS figure out how much it costs and charge me accordingly.

The second is about the death panel at Alliance Health Care. These folks have ways to decide if my 100% torn never going to rebuild itself ACL was going to be covered for replacement. I think what scared them into covering it after 3 months was me continually telling stories about climbing ladders and almost falling off my roof. "But doc, I have to be a man and repair my own squirrel damage" type conversations.

Forum List

Back