Government Healthcare Disaster in UK

How about you go to Singapore ( #6 ) the next time you need major surgery ?

Hell spray graffiti on a few walls while you're there, fuckin dope ........

Do you know anything about the Singapore health care system?

I know comparing theirs to ours is like comparing a lemonade stand to Coca Cola Inc. Now, are you going to Singapore the next time you need major surgery also ?

No, but if I was in Singapore and needed surgery I wouldn't worry about it..

With all the facts presented to you about WHO, you still insist on using it? :lol:
Sounds like you and the truth will never cross paths, leftwinger.

Show me a valid ranking from someone else. As usual, conservatives discard any study that doesn't match their agenda...

Smoking and cancer? Left wing nonsense
Global warming? Silly nonsense
US doesn't have a good healthcare system? Liberal ramblings

hell i cant get you to answer the question i asked in the beginning of this thread Rw....if you had to have delicate surgery on your heart.....would you go to no 8 Oman to have it done cheaper or here in the US?.....

The reason US healthcare is rated so poorly is not the quality but the availability. Its great healthcare if you can afford it. If not ...you pay the consequences.

We are the only industrialized nation where people go bankrupt because they got sick or injured

Last edited:
Show me a valid ranking from someone else. As usual, conservatives discard any study that doesn't match their agenda...

Smoking and cancer? Left wing nonsense
Global warming? Silly nonsense
US doesn't have a good healthcare system? Liberal ramblings

hell i cant get you to answer the question i asked in the beginning of this thread Rw....if you had to have delicate surgery on your heart.....would you go to no 8 Oman to have it done cheaper or here in the US?.....

The reason US healthcare is rated so poorly is not the quality but the availability. Its great healthcare if you can afford it. If not ...you pay the consequences.

We are the only industrialized nation where people go bankrupt because they got sick or injured

It's NOT the availability... but because the WHO and the ones like you think it is not just to be available but owed to you at the expense of someone else.. instead of being your personal responsibility for your own personal well being (or the payment of it)

It's NOT the availability... but because the WHO and the ones like you think it is not just to be available but owed to you at the expense of someone else.. instead of being your personal responsibility for your own personal well being (or the payment of it)

Ever been really sick?
Ever been in intense pain?
Ever had to choose between your medications or your mortgage?
Ever had to take a job for the sole reason that it provides healthcare?

Millions of Americans do

Ever been really sick?

Millions of Americans do

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Nope, as I paid for my medical coverage
4) Nope but actually would if I had to rather than thinking my personal responsibilities and the payment of them was owed by someone else

Does not take away from the fact that the WHO rankings, and your assertion, try and shine a negative light on the most advanced and available health care in the world... nor from the fact that you and ONLY YOU are responsible for your personal responsibilities, your personal well being, and the payment of your personal wants and needs... nor does it take away from the fact that he concept of freedom comes with both positives AND negatives inherent to that freedom

For dumbass Americans:If you work as a teacher or some other government entity and they pay your benefits you have:
GOVERNMENT HEALTH CARE
Ask them if they like it or not.
DUH.

Ever been really sick?

Millions of Americans do

1) Yes
2) Yes
4) Nope but actually would if I had to rather than thinking my personal responsibilities and the payment of them was owed by someone else

Does not take away from the fact that the WHO rankings, and your assertion, try and shine a negative light on the most advanced and available health care in the world... nor from the fact that you and ONLY YOU are responsible for your personal responsibilities, your personal well being, and the payment of your personal wants and needs... nor does it take away from the fact that he concept of freedom comes with both positives AND negatives inherent to that freedom

The consequences of not being able to afford health coverage is pain, suffering and death.

A simple stay in the hospital runs over $100,000, it is not a case of merely personal responsibility. More and more companies are dropping health coverage...they can't afford to be the provider.

The US is the wealthiest country on earth...there is no reason we can't take care of our people

Ever been really sick?

Millions of Americans do

1) Yes
2) Yes

The consequences of not being able to afford health coverage is pain, suffering and death.

A simple stay in the hospital runs over $100,000, it is not a case of merely personal responsibility. More and more companies are dropping health coverage...they can't afford to be the provider.

The US is the wealthiest country on earth...there is no reason we can't take care of our people

Consequences of your own stupidity and choices can also lead to death.. government does not exist to make up for such things either...

There is no reason people cannot VOLUNTARILY give of themselves to help those less fortunate... hence CHARITY... but nobody who is free to provide for themselves is obligated to have the expenses for taking care of themselves paid for by someone else by force of the government

Working Americans are not looking for charity. They are looking for affordable healthcare. If you are self employed, if you work for a small business, if you or a family member has a pre-existing condition you are forced to choose between your financial well being or your health. Pay the light bill or pay the pharmacist. Pay the mortgage or pay the emergency room

Americans pay more of their income for healthcare than any other country...and we have less to show for it

You could always point to a "case" or "cases". How about the heath care official who flips bird at mother of dying 17 year old girl whose insurance was cut. Hint - it was in this country.

Flipped the Bird: You Can Sue; Health Insurer Kills a Loved One: You're Out of Luck -- Consumer Watchdog Calls On Congress To Close Loophole With "Nataline's Law"

Flipped the Bird: You Can Sue; Health Insurer Kills a Loved One: You're Out of Luck -- Consumer Watchdog Calls On Congress To Close Loophole With "Nataline's Law" - Consumer Watchdog

Most Republicans love this stuff. They just love it. Insurance companies have to make a big profit. The bigger it is, they happier they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Working Americans are not looking for charity. They are looking for affordable healthcare. If you are self employed, if you work for a small business, if you or a family member has a pre-existing condition you are forced to choose between your financial well being or your health. Pay the light bill or pay the pharmacist. Pay the mortgage or pay the emergency room

Americans pay more of their income for healthcare than any other country...and we have less to show for it

Affordable heathcare provided for or subsidized by the taxation from others... BIG difference from 'affordable healthcare'

And what makes things affordable or drop in price?? I'll give you a hint, it is not governmental control or being provided by the government

As for less to show for it?? Hardly... we pay more for the most advanced and best available care in the entire world... but nice try at your myth making once again

Not to say that there are not things to be improved in terms of competition, tort reform, etc.... but the answer is government control or subsidization

And again, with your continual use of 'pay the mortgage or pay the hospital bill'... both are your PERSONAL responsibility, not the responsibility of someone else as forced by the government

U.S. Health Care Costs:*Background Brief

In 2007, U.S. health care spending was about $7,421 per resident and accounted for 16.2% of the nation’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP); this is among the highest of all industrialized countries.

All to provide a healthcare system ranked 37 in the world

With all the facts presented to you about WHO, you still insist on using it? :lol:
Sounds like you and the truth will never cross paths, leftwinger.

Facts? I take it that you didn't read the information that he supplied. It's a opinion piece with links that lead to information that either doesn't back up his conclusions or his conclusions represent such an ignorance of how the insurance works. For instance, he states that 'many' of the uninsured are 18 to 34 who are healthy enough to choose to take the risk of not having insurance. THAT is one of the HUGE problems with our system. The ponzi scheme that is healthcare insurance REQUIRES a large number of people who ARE healthy and in all likelihood will NOT need a doctor or a hospital. That's the only way it can work!! Who do you think pays for all of the sick people? No one person's premiums will pay the actual costs of their healthcare!!

But I have a question to GOP supporters. Why do you expect, with only 41% of the senate, to be able to force your POV? There are parts of the healtcare bill that I don't like. But I see the cliff at the end of the healthcare road we're currently on is heading; and I'm all for an alternate route. Even one where I'm not 100% sure where it's going to lead.

1) Yes
2) Yes

Consequences of your own stupidity and choices can also lead to death.. government does not exist to make up for such things either...

There is no reason people cannot VOLUNTARILY give of themselves to help those less fortunate... hence CHARITY... but nobody who is free to provide for themselves is obligated to have the expenses for taking care of themselves paid for by someone else by force of the government

"All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated...As therefore the bell that rings to a sermon, calls not upon the preacher only, but upon the congregation to come: so this bell calls us all: but how much more me, who am brought so near the door by this sickness....No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

"An independent inquiry found that managers at Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust stopped providing safe care because they were preoccupied with government targets and cutting costs. "

Stafford Hospital caused ‘unimaginable suffering’ - Times Online

Woooohoooo... we want govt healthcare too!!!!!

Idiot liberals.

What everyone forgets is Canada has a population of 30 million, we have a population of 300 million, it does not work well up there, I can guarantee you it won't work well down here. Less is easier to manage and they can't manage their system well, you can only imagine what would happen here with a similar system. Disaster from the get-go.

But I have a question to GOP supporters. Why do you expect, with only 41% of the senate, to be able to force your POV? There are parts of the healtcare bill that I don't like. But I see the cliff at the end of the healthcare road we're currently on is heading; and I'm all for an alternate route. Even one where I'm not 100% sure where it's going to lead.

I'm not a GOP supporter, but one just needs to looks at any poll about the subject as they choose. On just needs to look at the early elections, Americans have spoken. This isn't the bill that the dems should hang their hat on.....even if it is just a foot in the door. The cost only goes up from there, and the people know it.

When I travel to the US, my travel insurance is double that of anywhere in the world. I also have the right to free medical care in any other E.U. member nation.

For dumbass Americans:If you work as a teacher or some other government entity and they pay your benefits you have:
GOVERNMENT HEALTH CARE
Ask them if they like it or not.
DUH.

Can you imagine the rate cut if there were only four insurance pools in the country?

When I travel to the US, my travel insurance is double that of anywhere in the world. I also have the right to free medical care in any other E.U. member nation.

I think we Americans are just at a stage where enough of us see healthcare not completely as just another commodity, but as a necessary service sort of like police and fire services; something that everyone should have access to and as something that should be provided for communally. We still have enough who look still look at is as simply another commodity to make for spirited discussions and politics.

Forum List

Back