Government-Christian Groups Lock Horns over Anti-Conversion Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
rtwngAvngr said:
You did say something about long weenies in this context. Something funny, like jews had long weenies, or something to that effect. I'll go get it if you deny this again.

I agreed mutilation was too harsh a word. Why prattle on about it? The issue is: Is it logical? Nazis used it to identify jews. Ok. thanks for the info, but that's really not the issue. But changing the issue is what you do best, isn't it?

You seem to be very preoccupied with attempting to show inconsistencies in standard christian thought, and you do so in a mocking, derisive, and sometimes disrespectful tone.

No. Not really. I really don't care either way.

I have never written a post which would lead to a paraphrase such as that.
Sorry you're so wrong.

It appears that you are the one who has placed yourself out on that ole proverbial limb.

In reference to your entire reply, you have said it better than I ever could, "No. Not really, I really don't care either way."

I guess you don't care about Christ's ascension to his mansions in the sky. But I'll bet a lot of true Christians really do care.

ajwps said:
It appears that you are the one who has placed yourself out on that ole proverbial limb.

In reference to your entire reply, you have said it better than I ever could, "No. Not really, I really don't care either way."

I guess you don't care about Christ's ascension to his mansions in the sky. But I'll bet a lot of true Christians really do care.

I bet most of them don't lose much sleep over it actually. And you only discuss christianity to mock and deride it. I'm sure they love that. You really have no sense of your impact on others, do you? What pififully low levels of awareness. Allow me to be a light unto you, you're full of it.

rtwngAvngr said:
I bet most of them don't lose much sleep over it actually. And you only discuss christianity to mock and deride it. I'm sure they love that. You really have no sense of your impact on others, do you? What pififully low levels of awareness. Allow me to be a light unto you, you're full of it.

I see you tire of this dicussion and in doing so have to decide to chide my apposing opinions because of that which might put your salvation in question. And for that I am truly sorry.

Some day you will remember all that I have said and for G-d's sake I hope you are right..

ajwps said:
I see you tire of this dicussion and in doing so have to decide to chide my apposing opinions because of that which might put your salvation in question. And for that I am truly sorry.

Some day you will remember all that I have said and for G-d's sake I hope you are right..

I chide you because you're annoying and because smacking you around is fun. You jews are ok, just a little obnoxious. :funnyface

gop_jeff said:
Government-Christian Groups Lock Horns over Anti-Conversion Bill
Champika Liyanaarachchi
OneWorld South Asia
29 July 2004

COLOMBO, July 29 (OneWorld) - Christian groups are strongly opposing Sri Lanka's move to introduce a Bill banning religious conversions, with the Supreme Court also receiving 25 petitions in its favor and 21 against it, placing the government in a tight spot.

While the Bill was tabled in Parliament last week as a private member motion by opposition parliamentarian Venerable Dr Omalpe Sobhitha of the all monks party Jathika Hela Urumaya (JHU), it is considered a test run for the ruling United People's Freedom Alliance (UPFA) which had earlier promised to table a similar one.

http://southasia.oneworld.net/article/view/90866/1/

-------------------------

Sri Lanka's government is heavily influenced by hardline Buddhists, who have a lot to lose if freedom of religion is allowed.

Wake up old chap! The bill has been rejected and chucked out.

If this is old news: Sorry- still getting the hang of these multi hundred reply threads.

ajwps said:
Quite a feat for those same Jewish people who are the diety killers portrayed in the Gospels and condemned for the actions of their chief priests and elders. Something is really amiss here.

Did u know: The Pope's real title is: Pontiff, from Pontifex Maximus: Latin for : Chief Priest?

rtwngAvngr

I chide you because you're annoying and because smacking you around is fun. You jews are ok, just a little bnoxious.

So you enjoy having fun beating up on those obnoxious Jews who annoy you with evidence.

I wonder if it has something to do with your beliefs being challanged and your inability to respond effectively.

I am requesting of you again that you do not question your belief in Jesus based on my responses.

ajwps said:

Is it unacceptable to say 'for G-d's sake' on this site (the spelling of G-d with the missing 'o')?

ajwps said:
Are you saying Pope John is really a Pilate Catholic?

Well... no...? I dunno... But did you also know that the traditional Christian tradition;) as portrayed in the NT is actually a very pro-Roman, anti-Jewish interpretation (as far as (most)historians are concerned) of the events that took place in Palestine(or whatever its called) at the time.

Anyone heard of the Gospel of Mary Magdalen?

Btw I am not Jewish/ Pro Jewish (or pro latin or latin)

Btw, did u also know that the emperor Augustus and the tyrant kings of Rome before him were 'pontifex maximus'/pope?

8236 said:
Is it unacceptable to say 'for G-d's sake' on this site (the spelling of G-d with the missing 'o')?

I have explained this point so many times that it might be better to read previous posts on this subject.

One must respect the name of the Creator of the universe and avoid using His name in vain. For those who do not believe in a watchmaker, it doesn't make any difference whatsoever.

8236 said:
Well... no...? I dunno... But did you also know that the traditional Christian tradition;) as portrayed in the NT is actually a very pro-Roman, anti-Jewish interpretation (as far as (most)historians are concerned) of the events that took place in Palestine(or whatever its called) at the time.

Anyone heard of the Gospel of Mary Magdalen?

Btw I am not Jewish/ Pro Jewish (or pro latin or latin)

Btw, did u also know that the emperor Augustus and the tyrant kings of Rome before him were 'pontifex maximus'/pope?

What else is new?

ajwps said:
So you enjoy having fun beating up on those obnoxious Jews who annoy you with evidence.
No. You're annoying with your inability to argue effectively. Evidence of what? what have you shown me evidence of?
I wonder if it has something to do with your beliefs being challanged and your inability to respond effectively.
I'm confident any neutral third party would declare me your superior in this debate.
I am requesting of you again that you do not question your belief in Jesus based on my responses.

Believe me, you should be confident that your responses will not effect meaningful change in anyone.

Have a Negila Day!

rtwngAvngr said:
No. You're annoying with your inability to argue effectively. Evidence of what? what have you shown me evidence of?

Unfortunately it is you who argue and I who debate. Evidence SHOWN for which you cannot see is summed up nicely in Matthew 15:14

"They be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."

I'm confident any neutral third party would declare me your superior in this debate.

Would you accept Jesus Christ of Nazareth as your neutral third party when he comes back again?

To prove your superiority every day, you display your own tremendous weakness.

Believe me, you should be confident that your responses will not effect meaningful change in anyone.

Your greatest obstacle to being confident is the doubt whether you may not be going to prove yourself a fool; the truest certainty is to resist the doubt; and the profoundest wisdom, to know when it ought to be resisted, and when it be obeyed.

Attribution: Nathaniel Hawthorne (1804–1864)

------------------------
Reverend Robert Tilton speaking in foreign tongues - "Tom-de-la-soya"

rtwngAvngr said:

Coincidences of pre-Chrisitan gods and their lives

http://www.geocities.com/inquisitive79/godmen.html#attis

http://www.geocities.com/inquisitive79/godmen.html#dionysus

http://www.geocities.com/inquisitive79/godmen.html#horus

http://www.geocities.com/inquisitive79/godmen.html#krishna

http://www.geocities.com/inquisitive79/godmen.html#mithra

http://www.geocities.com/inquisitive79/godmen.html#zoro

Can you find any similarities in the Gospel verses of Jesus Christ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back