Government By Coup d'Etat and Intimidation

coolgeee

Jul 21, 2008
NYC Area
We know that the beginning stages of a police state exist in the United States when:
a leader is brought into power through illegal means

a national catastrophe is used as the pretext to begin a war and institute extraordinary restrictions on constitutional liberties

citizen dissent is held to be treasonous

the constitutional separation of powers is abrogated by a power-mad executive branch which controls or intimidates the other two branches of government

The US Patriot Act was enacted by a Congress that had not actually read it. The only thing representatives and senators got was a two or three page compendium from the White House press office. Nobody was actually given the time to read the provisions of the act. The White House intimidated members of Congress into passing the bill by telling them that if they refused to sign it, they'd be labeled as "unpatriotic"--something almost all members of Congress were frightened of at the time.

Lieberman, Daschle and Gephardt later wrote a memorandum stating that Congress had effectively given the Bush Administration "near dictatorial powers."

Let the sheeple awake from their daze!

Editorial Digest
Keeping you informed!

We know that the beginning stages of a police state exist in the United States when:

a national catastrophe is used as the pretext to begin a war and institute extraordinary restrictions on constitutional liberties

the constitutional separation of powers is abrogated by a power-mad executive branch which controls or intimidates the other two branches of government

The US Patriot Act was enacted by a Congress that had not actually read it. The only thing representatives and senators got was a two or three page compendium from the White House press office. Nobody was actually given the time to read the provisions of the act. The White House intimidated members of Congress into passing the bill by telling them that if they refused to sign it, they'd be labeled as "unpatriotic"--something almost all members of Congress were frightened of at the time.

Lieberman, Daschle and Gephardt later wrote a memorandum stating that Congress had effectively given the Bush Administration "near dictatorial powers."

Editorial Digest
Keeping you informed!
The US Patriot Act was enacted by a Congress that had not actually read it.
Did a pack of rats in the NYC sewer system write and read the Patriot Act?

Editorial Digest
Keeping you informed!

Oh but you and I are just conspiracy nuts.

meanwhile, they conspire against us.

most people don't know enough to care.

the others feel the party doing it somehow has their best interests in mind. maybe they are anti abortion or anti gay. maybe they hve a lot of money so they go along for financial reasons. or they are racist.

Regardless, 9 11 was key.

disaster capitalism.

I won't rambe on. I'm just glad you started this thread. I can't wait to see whoargues. At least you opened up the dialog.

PS. I think they did this during the Guilded Age and The Great Depression.

Maybe we are smarter now. Maybe they won't be able to alter history this time and cover it up.

I just hope the DEMS don't cover it all up for the sake of our reputation. If bush stole the election, let the history books say so. If the events leading up to 9 11 are suspect, let it be written. If we find out chaney sent anthrax to his critics, let it be written.

That way history won't repeat itself.

They were clever enough to get away with it long enough to achieve their goals, but if we cover it up, they'll just do it again 20 yrs from now.

This is why the gop should never rule again. They only represent 30 percent of the population at best so they should only have 30 percent of both houses and occasionally MAYBE run the white house.

can i see a source that says congress never read the patriot act? that would be quite disturbing

Editorial Digest
Keeping you informed!

And yet it has been renewed every time it came up for a vote, go figure. None of your other drivel is true either. What fear mongering will you resort to when Bush does NOT seize power? If Obama wins what then?

can i see a source that says congress never read the patriot act? that would be quite disturbing

Congress doesn't read any/all/most of the bills they sign. They go by what they are told. That's why it is easy for them to slip things into bills.

Oh it's distubing alright.

What else is distubing is that most politicians don't know jack squat about the constitution.

Obama does.

Congress doesn't read any/all/most of the bills they sign. They go by what they are told. That's why it is easy for them to slip things into bills.

Oh it's distubing alright.

What else is distubing is that most politicians don't know jack squat about the constitution.

Obama does.

You should hang out with Wow you two are the same coin different sides. Any lie, any distortion any made up shit is fine. The difference being that those of us on the right admit Wow is generally full of shit, while your leftoid buddies stay silent on your garbage as usual.

Speaking of Coups, the only one we have ever been near to WAS 2000 when Gore tried to use the courts to steal the election. I can tell you had that succeeded we probably would have had some small scale or bigger revolts in this country.

And then when he LOSES in the Courts that he took it too, he whines he was cheated. And you all on the left agree. Typical horse shit from liberals.

Oh it's disturbing alright.

What else is disturbing is that most politicians don't know jack squat about the constitution.

Obama does.

That's what interns are for. They do the required reading and report back to the elected official. They don't do the majority of the righting of the bills as well. There's always someone else to do it for them.

I agree it's disturbing.

Speaking of Coups, the only one we have ever been near to WAS 2000 when Gore tried to use the courts to steal the election. I can tell you had that succeeded we probably would have had some small scale or bigger revolts in this country.

And then when he LOSES in the Courts that he took it too, he whines he was cheated. And you all on the left agree. Typical horse shit from liberals.

I still find it funny that people say it was the first time an election was so close. To many forget the 1960 election. Nixon was a gentlemen and didn't drag us threw the mud just because he can. But when you think about who Gore's support system (Clinton) vs Nixon's (Ike) you can see why it went the way it did.

Ha! You are so one sided it is sick. Your side can do no wrong. Meanwhile, they ruined the country. And you defended every action. What a brainwashed person you are.

The GOP stopped trying to pretend it was Gore that tried to steal the election in 2000 after the facts came out. Now we know exactly what happened. So it is laughable for you to keep saying it.

You are proof military people are brainwashed and not that bright. Not the best of the best, but the majority of soldiers. They are more strength and less intellect.

Where are the movies about how Gore tried to steal the election?

How come every intellectual in our society tends to be progressive, liberal and not conservative.

Conservatives sit and think....but mostly they sit.

You have zero credibility on every issue. I know what you will say on every topic before you even say it.

And you don't get the basis of this thread. It's over your head. So move on. Go post in the no brainer discussions. This is way too much for you to grasp. So much you ignore. And since we know it isn't because you are rich and choose to ignore the facts, it must be because you are dumb.:eusa_whistle:

Ha! You are so one sided it is sick. Your side can do no wrong. Meanwhile, they ruined the country. And you defended every action. What a brainwashed person you are.

The GOP stopped trying to pretend it was Gore that tried to steal the election in 2000 after the facts came out. Now we know exactly what happened. So it is laughable for you to keep saying it.

You are proof military people are brainwashed and not that bright. Not the best of the best, but the majority of soldiers. They are more strength and less intellect.

Where are the movies about how Gore tried to steal the election?

How come every intellectual in our society tends to be progressive, liberal and not conservative.

Conservatives sit and think....but mostly they sit.

You have zero credibility on every issue. I know what you will say on every topic before you even say it.

And you don't get the basis of this thread. It's over your head. So move on. Go post in the no brainer discussions. This is way too much for you to grasp. So much you ignore. And since we know it isn't because you are rich and choose to ignore the facts, it must be because you are dumb.:eusa_whistle:

Being lectured by one of the board loons is a riot. Remind us how you back up ANY of your claims? Remind how you even post in a manner a sane person can comprehend.

And as we can see, being a good liberal turd you despise the very military that makes sure you are free to post your garbage on this board.

The US Patriot Act was enacted by a Congress that had not actually read it.
Did a pack of rats in the NYC sewer system write and read the Patriot Act?

No, but a pack of K-Street rodents probably did.

No, but a pack of K-Street rodents probably did.

You are aware, unlike the idiot Sealybobo, that bills before Congress have to be submitted by at least one member of Congress? Claiming the "Government" wrote the bill is hilarious. I love when Liberals spout off about things they should really know but haven't a clue.

Further you are aware that when it came time for renewal it was renewed? That it has built in an end date requiring a new Congress to approve of it all over again? Sealybobo would seem to not be smart enough to grasp these simple facts, perhaps you are?

You are aware, unlike the idiot Sealybobo, that bills before Congress have to be submitted by at least one member of Congress? Claiming the "Government" wrote the bill is hilarious. I love when Liberals spout off about things they should really know but haven't a clue.

Further you are aware that when it came time for renewal it was renewed? That it has built in an end date requiring a new Congress to approve of it all over again? Sealybobo would seem to not be smart enough to grasp these simple facts, perhaps you are?

Yes and yes.

Tell me, if you know those two things, why are you SO convinced there's a dimes worth of difference between so called liberals and so called conservatives?

It's knowing things like THAT which make me think otherwise.

Yes and yes.

Tell me, if you know those two things, why are you SO convinced there's a dimes worth of difference between so called liberals and so called conservatives?

It's knowing things like THAT which make me think otherwise.

That you think they are the same is idiotic.

That you think they are the same is idiotic.

George W. Bush Appointed at Least 11, Fellow, Skull & Bones Members to Government Positions

Evan Griffith Galbraith, adviser to the U.S. mission to NATO; William Henry Donaldson, chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission; George Herbert Walker III, U.S. ambassador to Hungary; Jack Edwin McGregor, member of the advisory board of the St. Lawrence Seaway Development Corp.; Victor Henderson Ashe, member of the board of directors of the Federal National Mortgage Association; Roy Leslie Austin, U.S. ambassador to Trinidad and Tobago; Robert Davis McCallum Jr., associate attorney general; Rex Cowdry, associate director of the White House’s National Economic Council; Edward McNally Sr., associate counsel to the president and general counsel to the Office of Homeland Security; David Batshaw Wiseman, an attorney in the Justice Department’s Civil Division; and James Emanuel Boasberg, an associate judge on the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.

George W. Bush Appointed at Least 11, Fellow, Skull & Bones Members to Government Positions

Evan Griffith Galbraith, adviser to the U.S. mission to NATO; William Henry Donaldson, chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission; George Herbert Walker III, U.S. ambassador to Hungary; Jack Edwin McGregor, member of the advisory board of the St. Lawrence Seaway Development Corp.; Victor Henderson Ashe, member of the board of directors of the Federal National Mortgage Association; Roy Leslie Austin, U.S. ambassador to Trinidad and Tobago; Robert Davis McCallum Jr., associate attorney general; Rex Cowdry, associate director of the White House’s National Economic Council; Edward McNally Sr., associate counsel to the president and general counsel to the Office of Homeland Security; David Batshaw Wiseman, an attorney in the Justice Department’s Civil Division; and James Emanuel Boasberg, an associate judge on the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.

Looney toons time. Join the other loons in the conspiracy section of the board please.

Still waiting for one iota of truth that congress didn't read the Patriot act.

How many people here have read it? I have. And I noted from the very beginning, that it has a TIMELINE which means that when it is no longer needed or wanted, it can go away.

Still waiting for one iota of truth that congress didn't read the Patriot act.

How many people here have read it? I have. And I noted from the very beginning, that it has a TIMELINE which means that when it is no longer needed or wanted, it can go away.

Many members of Congress admit that they don't read every act that they sign. They get briefed. We shouldn't have to prove that to you.

Say, what is Ron Paul talking about here? HR1965:

The House has just **quietly --without the knowledge of American people ** passed the "Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007". This is by far the largest attack on our civil liberties since the likes of the Patriot Act, , though this one is actually more dangerous. It's language is even vague enough that the actions/emails/conversations of Ron Paul supporters prone to patriotic dissent could be seen as homegrown terrorism threats.

H.R. 1955 -- Our freedom stolen | Ron Paul - The Daily Paul's Campaign for Liberty

Forum List

Back