Government ad says jumping off a roof is better than doing drugs

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
When are we going to end the stupid war on drugs?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF1nzKXfgAA]Above the Influence | Rise Above - YouTube[/ame]

Public Service announcements such as this are poignant and sobering reminders to our youth.

I've got no problem with it.

Just say no. To drugs and bullshit.

I think it's inspiring and challenges our youth to aspire to something better.

There is no interest in getting people off drugs. If we learn anything at all from Whitney Houston's death it's that drugs are being glorified more than ever before. I'm surprised that drugs haven't been legalized long before this. Aldous Huxley knew that widespread drug use could be used to control massively large numbers of people. Of of the basis of his utopian Brave New World was mandated drug use.

That's a good ad. What's your problem with it?

The message. Marijuana is less of a problem than alcohol and I am pretty sure jumping off a roof is not something most people want their kids doing.

Denial.... it ain't just de river in Egypt.

Drugs are bad for ya. Alcohol is bad for ya. Such is life.

I don't need a government to tell me this stuff.

And I don't want idiots legalizing shit so I have to pay for your fucking life choices.

The message. Marijuana is less of a problem than alcohol and I am pretty sure jumping off a roof is not something most people want their kids doing.

And I don't want idiots legalizing shit so I have to pay for your fucking life choices.

Look at it this way. Legalizing drugs is a way to clean out the system in more than one way. The cartels have gotten almost 50,000 users and dealers out permanently. Whitney Houston died at 48 Her daughter OD'd the day before her mother kicked off and did it again the day she died. She's 18. Amy Weinhouse kicked off at 29. Addicts don't need less drugs, they need MORE. All the drugs they can stuff up their nose, down their guts and in their veins.

Most drug users are liberals anyway. It is a small loss when they go.

What's next, gubmint nannies telling you what to pack in your child's lunch and nagging you to eat arugula?

Oh yeah....:eusa_whistle:

Never surrender...
:cool:
US Vows to Continue War on Drugs
February 28, 2012 - U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said the US was not losing its decades-long "war on drugs."
Napolitano defended Washington's anti-narcotics efforts Monday in Mexico City after a meeting with Mexican Interior Minister Alejandro Poire. "With respect to, 'is the drug war a failure and are we going to change our strategy?' I would not agree with the premise that the drug war is a failure. I would say however that it is a continuing effort, to keep our peoples from becoming addicted to dangerous drugs," said Napolitano.

Napolitano also expressed confidence that notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, who escaped from prison in 2001, would be recaptured eventually. "Let me just say, it took us ten years to find Osama Bin laden. We found him, and you know what happened there, I'm not suggesting the same thing would happen with Guzman, but I am suggesting that we are persistent, when it comes to wrong-doers and those who do harm in both our countries, so that issue continues," added Napolitano. Nearly 50,000 people have been killed in drug-related violence in Mexico since 2006, when President Felipe Calderon launched a military crackdown against the country's drug cartels.

During her visit to Mexico City, Napolitano and Poire announced the U.S. will begin flying undocumented Mexican immigrants directly back to their home states instead of leaving them at the border where they could be targeted by criminal gangs. Napolitano's visit to Mexico was the first stop on a five-nation tour of Central and Latin America. She travels next to Guatemala, whose president, Otto Perez, has called for the legalization of narcotics as an alternative approach. Napolitano will also travel to El Salvador, Costa Rica and Panama.

Source

Like hell it is. You can do what you want, I don't care.... until it affects me. Do drugs, you pay for any costs associated with your dumbass choices. The problem is that it doesn't work that way... I pay for your stupidity. So, in short, fuck that.

You almost gotta laugh. They want to lock up people for smoking a cigarette and at the same time they want to "legalize" drugs.

Like hell it is. You can do what you want, I don't care.... until it affects me. Do drugs, you pay for any costs associated with your dumbass choices. The problem is that it doesn't work that way... I pay for your stupidity. So, in short, fuck that.

You wouldn't pay for other people's dumb choices if the government didn't force you too, take it up with them.

Forum List

Back