Gov. Scott Walker Response To Obama's Proposal

Moneyman

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2012
On Wednesday, Gov. Scott Walker said, "We're going to be meeting in about a week or so, meeting with mental health professionals, law enforcement folks, others who work in areas like this, to give us feedback, particularly when it comes to the simple question how do people get to a point like this, whether as we saw yesterday with a chemical type device, or whether it's a firearm or any other weapon out there, how do people get to the point where they become so disturbed that they're capable of making sorts of poor choices, tragic choices. We're going to spend the majority of our time looking at mental health services, what can and may be done to improve that."

Walker's comments about the chemical device referred to a man who was arrested at the Capitol Tuesday with four Molotov cocktails in his backpack.

Walker said, "What I said originally after Connecticut was there are some people who want to go very far on gun control, there are other end of the spectrum people that want to go far in putting armed security into the schools. My view is that either of those two don't get at the heart of the issue, which I still think is how do such a limited number - this is still such a limited number - of having people in those conditions get to the point where there is that level of mental disturbance that they're able to make a decision like that. I think it's best that we address how they get to that point."

Walker said it's important to help troubled people before they reach the point of committing violence.

-JSOnline

At least someone gets the real issue.

Obama, take note.

Forum List

Back