Gov. Sanford of SC

I don't like him. He's our Governor and acts like the people of this state are beneath him. And no, I'm not talking about him not taking the stimulus money. He would be a terrible president. Read up on him.

He's got a good Congressional record, and I like that he was willing to fight against the stimulus. That's really all I know about him, and I'm sure people from his state have a much better opinion of him than I do.

I don't like him. He's our Governor and acts like the people of this state are beneath him. And no, I'm not talking about him not taking the stimulus money. He would be a terrible president. Read up on him.

examples? sounds like he is for small government, opposed the stimulus and wants to cut debt and is more libertarian....hmmmm, what is the downside?

examples? sounds like he is for small government, opposed the stimulus and wants to cut debt and is more libertarian....hmmmm, what is the downside?

That reminds me, I also like the fact that he stood up to Lindsey Graham when Graham was insulting Libertarians and Ron Paul.

[youtube]ikqJ_KB66WQ[/youtube]

Look up the pig in the state house incident.

That reminds me, I also like the fact that he stood up to Lindsey Graham when Graham was insulting Libertarians and Ron Paul.

Yeah.....He says it....But so did those republican "revolutionaries" back in '94.

And that one fizzled out inside of a year....Paxon and Armey tried to take over, and the east coast inside-the-beltway milquetoast mob -led by Gingwad no less- bitch slapped 'em.

Last edited:

Yeah.....He says it....But so did those republican "revolutionaries" back in '94.

And that one fizzled out inside of a year....Paxon and Armey tried to take over, and the east coast inside-the-beltway milquetoast mob -led by Gingwad no less- bitch slapped 'em.

Well next to Ron Paul he voted "No" more than anyone else.

Sanford is not too bad.

Not sure he is a viable 2012 contender though. I hear he is pondering the idea though.

The next 6-12 months will see the next small group of Republican top tier leadership emerge - he has a better than fair chance of being among them.

that was great, thanks for telling me about that, i like him even more now....how is that acting like people are 1. beneath him, and 2. how does that make him a terrible president...

he got his point across about pork spending, or do you support pork projects?

that was great, thanks for telling me about that, i like him even more now....how is that acting like people are 1. beneath him, and 2. how does that make him a terrible president...

It's not about him getting his point across about pork spending for one. I guess to you, it doesn't matter how you get your point across just do it by any means necessary. And SC isn't exactly in the black when it comes to it's finances.

It's not about him getting his point across about pork spending for one. I guess to you, it doesn't matter how you get your point across just do it by any means necessary. And SC isn't exactly in the black when it comes to it's finances.

please provide proof, what i read said he brought the pigs to make a point about pork barrel spending....the governor does not control the budget in SC...read the story about the legislature forcing him to take stimulus money

He is your basic reactive thinker, not till something is getting alot of press does he make any kind of stand. I know why because I am in that state, the states education on a whole is horrible, there are some places that score better but those tend to be in areas with alot of monetary support, that is why school districts had to sue the state for money. We were asking why wont he just send his kids to the local school system and maybe he would put forth some kind of effort to support these schools. The budget i dont even want to start on that I pay taxes on practically everything car tax, income tax and sales tax and now he wants to balance a budget that has always had spending issues.

Forum List

Back