Gov. Romney created or raised over 1,000 taxes and fees

Mitt Romney is just as responsible for signing the bill. It's obvious Romney thinks the working class should pay tax cuts for the rich.

Not if he couldnt stop it idiot. Also, you know, Massachusetts could have CUT spending instead, but the idea of cutting spending to democrats is a foriegn as intelligent thought is to you.

FOAD

nobody put a gun to Romney's head to sign the bill.

and a veto would have gotten him nothing but symbolism, something more apt for progressives like your limp-dicked self.

What is your obession with Rush Limbaugh? The only people who I see referencing him on these boards is progressive asshats such as yourself.

and you didnt answer the question. Why are you blaming Romney for tax and fee increases when the legislature, which was democratically controlled, had the drivers seat on the budget in the state when he was governor?

I await your answer, but I expect more drivel, because you are a gutless shit-sucking hack.

..and your faux outrage is lol funny.

no what is funny?
Liberals feigning outrage over tax increases.....
Liberals saying Romney did nothing as govenor then list a whole lot of shit
Liberals proving he can work with democrats
Liberals attacking a republican govenor, but ignoring the heavily democrat legislature

oh and the fact that liberals blame a video for mid east violence.......that is HILARIOUS

Except for Obamacare Romney did nothing GOOD as Governor. And yes MA Dems are to blame as well.

Not if he couldnt stop it idiot. Also, you know, Massachusetts could have CUT spending instead, but the idea of cutting spending to democrats is a foriegn as intelligent thought is to you.

FOAD

and a veto would have gotten him nothing but symbolism, something more apt for progressives like your limp-dicked self.

Why are you worried about the hardness of my dick? you trolling for a date?...I'm not interested but thanks. Yes Romney should have vetoed the bill.

Last edited:

Why are you worried about the hardness of my dick? you trolling for a date?...I'm not interested but thanks. Yes Romney should have vetoed the bill.

I was running out of insults, you worthless bag of spooge. I needed to reload and that was an easier one, fucktard.

And lets not lie here, if Romney vetoed the bill you would find some way of denegrating him for doing that. Probably something along the line of "ignoring the fiscal issues of the state and protecting the wealthy from a tax increase"

See? I do your work for you, you worthless troll hack.

I was running out of insults, you worthless bag of spooge. I needed to reload and that was an easier one, fucktard.

And lets not lie here, if Romney vetoed the bill you would find some way of denegrating him for doing that. Probably something along the line of "ignoring the fiscal issues of the state and protecting the wealthy from a tax increase"

It's alright to be gay. And if Romney would have vetoed the bill I would have applauded him as I do for him signing the origin of Obamacare.

So all of the sudden Dems are worried about taxes and fees? That's a joke.

I don't want to hear about some red herring. If you don't want more taxes, fees and bureaucratic inefficiency then don't vote for Obama.

So all of the sudden Dems are worried about taxes and fees? That's a joke.

I don't want to hear about some red herring. If you don't want more taxes, fees and bureaucratic inefficiency then don't vote for Obama.

In fact, Romney increased taxes by $309 million, mainly on corporations. These tax hikes, described by Romney apologists as loophole closures, totaled $128 million in 2003, $95.5 in 2004, and $85 million in 2005. That final year, Romney proposed $170 million in higher business taxes, the Boston Globe reports. However, the Bay State's liberal, Democratic legislature balked and only approved an $85 million increase.

Tax rates on many corporations almost doubled because of legislation supported by Romney, Boston Science Corporation chairman Peter Nicholas explained in Jan. 6, 2008's Boston Herald. Also, from 5.3 to 9.8 percent, Romney raised the tax on subchapter S corporations owned by business trusts, an 85 percent hike. Romney went further than any other governor in trying to wring money out of corporations, the Council on State Taxation's Joseph Crosby complained.

Romney also created or increased fees by $432 million. He was not dragooned into this by greedy Democratic lawmakers; Romney himself proposed these items. In 2003 alone, Romney concocted or boosted 88 fees. Romney charged more for marriage licenses (from $6 to $12), gun registrations (from $25 to $75), a used-car sales tax ($10 million), gasoline deliveries ($60 million), real-estate transfers ($175 million), and more. Particularly obnoxious was Romney's $10 fee per Certificate of Blindness. Romney also billed blind people $15 each for discount-travel ID cards.

While Romney can take credit for a $275 million capital-gains tax rebate, property-tax relief for seniors, and a two-day, tax-free shopping holiday, he also must take responsibility for signing $740.5 million in higher taxes, plus that $85 million in business taxes that he requested and legislators rejected.

yeah, you can trust him. :lmao:

Police: Burglar caught in act | New Hampshire NEWS03

It's alright to be gay. And if Romney would have vetoed the bill I would have applauded him as I do for him signing the origin of Obamacare.

Bullshit.

Undoubtedly (among other fuzzy math) this assertion includes vetoes of taxes/fees that legislature overturned. Libs don't tell the truth.

Face value bull shit.

Created a $15 fee for an identification card for the blind.
Created a $15 renewal fee for an identification card for the blind.
Created a $10 duplication fee for an identification card for the blind.
Created a $10 fee for a “Certificate of Blindness” issued by the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind.

So he's a tax and spend liberal instead of a rightwing radical. Gotcha. :eusa_whistle:

Just some of the fees raised:
Created a $10 fee for a “Certificate of Blindness” issued by the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind. [Source: 2003 Massachusetts Budget]
Increased the fee for milk laboratory certification from $75 to $150. [Source: 2003 MA regulations]
Increased the cremation inspection fee from $50 to $75. [Source: 2003 Massachusetts Session Laws]
Increased the municipal police training committee fee from $2,300 to $2,500. [Source: 2006 Massachusetts budget]
Increased the fee for a mammography facility x-ray machine license from $100 to $300. [Source: 2003 MA regulations]

1000 fees | Romney Economics

Are you one of those Libtards who claims Romney worked well across the aisle with a legislature that was 87% Democrat, then?

What would you tell your Libtards buttholer buddies who argue Romney had no choice but to do the bidding of his legislature?

Or perhaps Libtards want to argue both ways?

It amazes me that we might elect a president and vice-president who could not win either of their home states. Those who know these two men best don't seem to care for them so much.

Undoubtedly (among other fuzzy math) this assertion includes vetoes of taxes/fees that legislature overturned. Libs don't tell the truth.

Face value bull shit.

Haven't looked at the bills but my understanding these are taxes Romney signed into law.

those are fees that he proposed and enacted. all of them.

he was too much of a pussy to increase anything called a tax.

Forum List

Back