Gov Romney and Congressman Ryan respond to the Ignorant Akins Rape andAbortion Remark

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
The GOP is MO is trying to replace such and ignorant asshole and Romney and Ryan just came out and said they support abortion in the case of rape, so the now attacks on the Romney and Ryan for being extreme on abortion are arrogant!

For the record Akin's is a fool, but it's the Democrats fault he is on the ticket. In the 3 way primary, a record number of Democrats jumped into the Republican primary vote and casted their ballot for Akins, because they wanted a extremist fool on the ticket!

Romney rebukes Akin rape remark - CBS News
"Governor Romney and Congressman (Paul) Ryan disagree with Mr. Akin's statement, and a Romney-Ryan administration would not oppose abortion in instances of rape," Romney spokeswoman Amanda Henneberg said

The GOP is MO is trying to replace such and ignorant asshole and Romney and Ryan just came out and said they support abortion in the case of rape, so the now attacks on the Romney and Ryan for being extreme on abortion are arrogant!

For the record Akin's is a fool, but it's the Democrats fault he is on the ticket. In the 3 way primary, a record number of Democrats jumped into the Republican primary vote and casted their ballot for Akins, because they wanted a extremist fool on the ticket!

"Governor Romney and Congressman (Paul) Ryan disagree with Mr. Akin's statement, and a Romney-Ryan administration would not oppose abortion in instances of rape," Romney spokeswoman Amanda Henneberg said

How magnanamous of them! Two white guys declaring what constitutes ok circumstances for abortions!

If you think about it, the reason that they support (and most repubs) abortion in the case of rape is that the resultant pregnancy is unwanted and un-asked-for by the woman. Other circumstances exist besides rape where the woman does not want the pregnancy and she did not ask for it. So, really there is no difference. Killing babies as a lot of radical repubs call it is still killing babies even in the case of rape.

Also, I'd say Paul Ryan is lying about being okay with abortions in the case of rape. Rape is pretty common in the military but...

According to Laura Bassett, Rep. Ryan “voted to defund federal family planning programs, authored a budget that dismantles Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare, all of which disproportionately aid and employ women, and voted multiple times to prevent women in the military from using their own money to pay for abortions at military hospitals.”

LINK

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress? But I repeat myself." Mark Twain​

Last edited:
Paul Ryan Has a New Abortion Stance - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

But Ryan's record shows he has opposed abortion access for rape victims, which is what Akin was talking about with that inflammatory quote. PolitiFact documented Ryan's record after Romney announced his choice of Ryan as running mate and President Barack Obama sent out the following tweet

So much for Ryan standing by his principles. He's just like Romney--saying what they need to in order to get elected. I don't trust these two guys as far as I could throw them. Do they say what they believe or do they say what they believe they need to say to get elected. What will be their final answer if elected?

But Ryan's record shows he has opposed abortion access for rape victims, which is what Akin was talking about with that inflammatory quote. PolitiFact documented Ryan's record after Romney announced his choice of Ryan as running mate and President Barack Obama sent out the following tweet

You do realize the VP is a figurehead don't you?

I mean other than making one dumb arrogant comment after another, what has Biden done?

So much for Ryan standing by his principles. He's just like Romney--saying what they need to in order to get elected. I don't trust these two guys as far as I could throw them. Do they say what they believe or do they say what they believe they need to say to get elected. What will be their final answer if elected?

First, the biased article is weak journalism that makes blanket assumptions. Second, I wouldn't think libs would applaud a conservative supporting abortion in case of rape. Third, funny how you attack conservatives for a change in stance, but support Obama when he makes one flipflop after another!

Akin's "gaffe" simply opened the door to mainstream Ayn Ryan's legislative attempt at redefining rape.

Slanderous asshole! Akin's just made the comment and Ryan is running on a ticket for Presidency! Ryan hasn't made any attempt to redefine rape. First, the definition of rape is done by the model penal code. Second, states can adopt the code or come up with one of their own. You are an OUTRIGHT liar if you are saying Ryan wants to change the MPC!!!

Neg

Akin's "gaffe" simply opened the door to mainstream Ayn Ryan's legislative attempt at redefining rape.

Slanderous asshole! Akin's just made the comment and Ryan is running on a ticket for Presidency! Ryan hasn't made any attempt to redefine rape. First, the definition of rape is done by the model penal code. Second, states can adopt the code or come up with one of their own. You are an OUTRIGHT liar if you are saying Ryan wants to change the MPC!!!

Neg

Ya know, if it wasn't for GHook and Rabbi I'd never have the honor of being neg repped by assholes.

Ryan sponsored legislation that redefined rape for medicaid purposes. I'm sorry if that facts makes you uncomfortable.

Neg

Ya know, if it wasn't for GHook and Rabbi I'd never have the honor of being neg repped by assholes.

Ryan sponsored legislation that redefined rape for medicaid purposes. I'm sorry if that facts makes you uncomfortable.

Source? Second, what does rape and medicaid have to do with each other?

What was the supposed new definition?

Would you post credible evidence that cross voting lead to the nomination of this extremist? Do you think the same legal but ethically questionally activity is the reason for Ran Paul, Michelle Bachmann and Eric Cantor's election?

Of course not, they were elected and as nutty as Akins, hence, without evidence I'm inclined to believe it was the good-ole-boy's on the right who voted for this clown.

Neg

Medicaid does not pay for abortions except in cases of rape. Ayn Ryan wanted to change the definition of rape under Medicaid to only include "forcible" rape. Not to be confused with illegitimate or consensual rape.

First, the biased article is weak journalism that makes blanket assumptions. Second, I wouldn't think libs would applaud a conservative supporting abortion in case of rape. Third, funny how you attack conservatives for a change in stance, but support Obama when he makes one flipflop after another!

I have no idea what libs might applaud but I don't. I am an independent voter and this is one issue where I disagree with republicans. Abortion should be a personal choice and not for others to decide. Although I wouldn't advise abortion in most cases, I think the decision should be the woman's and it should be legal. I take offense to mostly white MEN sitting in judgment in legislatures across this country of what should be allowed and what shouldn't. The ONLY restriction I would apply would be late term abortions and the so-called after birth abortions if there really is such a thing. Once the fetus is viable outside the womb, I draw the line--around the 6th month. But even then it is questionable as to viability and I still think within reason it should be the woman's choice. And as far as Ryan being ONLY the VP, if his stances and flip flops don't matter, why was he chosen and why are some saying he's a game changer, etc? Duplicitous opinions!

I have no idea what libs might applaud but I don't. I am an independent voter and this is one issue where I disagree with republicans. Abortion should be a personal choice and not for others to decide. Although I wouldn't advise abortion in most cases, I think the decision should be the woman's and it should be legal. I take offense to mostly white MEN sitting in judgment in legislatures across this country of what should be allowed and what shouldn't. The ONLY restriction I would apply would be late term abortions and the so-called after birth abortions if there really is such a thing. Once the fetus is viable outside the womb, I draw the line--around the 6th month. But even then it is questionable as to viability and I still think within reason it should be the woman's choice. And as far as Ryan being ONLY the VP, if his stances and flip flops don't matter, why was he chosen and why are some saying he's a game changer, etc? Duplicitous opinions!

Taking it out of the woman's hands and into the Government's puts people in charge that do not know what the hell they are talking about.

A woman's body knows it is being raped and will get rid of the fetes on its own..
WHAT THE????? This guy has now just retracted that stupid comment.

Medicaid does not pay for abortions except in cases of rape. Ayn Ryan wanted to change the definition of rape under Medicaid to only include "forcible" rape. Not to be confused with illegitimate or consensual rape.
Ryan and Akins co-sponsored the bill. Funny stuff!

Would you post credible evidence that cross voting lead to the nomination of this extremist? Do you think the same legal but ethically questionally activity is the reason for Ran Paul, Michelle Bachmann and Eric Cantor's election?

Of course not, they were elected and as nutty as Akins, hence, without evidence I'm inclined to believe it was the good-ole-boy's on the right who voted for this clown.

How about MSLSD for you?

Akin pledges to stay in race following rape comments, GOP criticism - First Read
However, two Senate Republicans have already said Akin should abandon his Senate bid. Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown and Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson both called for Akin to resign his Senate nomination. (If he were to do so by Tuesday, Republicans would have a clearer path toward nominating a new candidate.)

Texas Sen. John Cornyn, who heads the GOP's Senate campaign efforts, called Akin's statements "wrong, offensive, and indefensible." He called on Akin to "carefully consider what is best for him, his family, the Republican Party, and the values that he cares about and has fought for throughout his career in public service."

Former congresswoman and current Senate candidate from New Mexico, Heather Wilson, has also called on Akin to step aside.

Other Republicans have also been critical of Akin, including presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who called the congressman's remarks "inexcusable." Romney will not call for Akin to step down from the race, though, adviser Stu Stevens told reporters in New Hampshire

Rand Paul - Never like Rand Paul and so I would like to see him replaced with a businessman man or women conservative (however his Dad would make a hell of a Governor!)

Michele Bachmann - I don't care for her either and I would like to see her replaced with a businessman man or women conservative!

Eric Cantor - Be specific with a source and I will comment on it. Otherwise I like Cantor and gives a Jew like me hope that not all Jews will be blind liberals to the point of hypocrisy!

However, none are as nutty as Akin. Akin is a massive fool and we have Democrats to blame for him winning the primary!

Forum List

Back