Gov. Perry didn't show up for secessionist rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texans on the lunatic fringe are angry that their governor didn't show up. At least two candidates for his job are determined to secede. One, in a cowboy hat, shouted about how he hated the US flag that flies above the Texas flag, as well as the US Government. A woman candidate says that she knows blood must be shed for Texas to become an independent nation.
uh, a link to an actual story would be helpful here

TRAIL BLAZERS Blog | The Dallas Morning News

I like how that link tries to portray Washington as an opponent of secession by saying he presided over the creation of the Union. Of course it fails to mention that he did this after he fought for the right of the states to secede from the British.

Texans on the lunatic fringe are angry that their governor didn't show up. At least two candidates for his job are determined to secede. One, in a cowboy hat, shouted about how he hated the US flag that flies above the Texas flag, as well as the US Government. A woman candidate says that she knows blood must be shed for Texas to become an independent nation.

Got dropped on your head at an early age, huh? Newsflash Mr Drama Queen: there have been secessionists and secessionist groups in this country since BEFORE Day One. Sons of Liberty ring a bell?

Get a life.

What makes those lunatics think we'll try to stop them :lol:

I'm sick of hearing them threaten to secede. Just leave already!!

Shit, I'll help them pack.

You don't even know who "they" are. You going to help every secessionist in the US pack? Oh, and in case you missed it, they don't need to pack. They aren't planning on going anywhere.

Y'all sensationalist, hate-and-fearmongering drama queens got nerve calling ANYONE "lunatics.":cuckoo:

Doesn't actual fact kind of defeat the purpose of the lies? Just sayin' ... :eusa_whistle:

I LOVE the "one, in a cowboy hat ...." identifier. THAT sure narrows it down around here.:rofl:

Texas! It's been a fun century and a half, but you've overstayed your welcome. Time for you to go. Now. Bye.

Shit. We've probably had to finance your state's existence for half that time. Lord knows y'all damned-sure don't.

The US economy would collapse if Texas seceded. On the other hand, it would probably balance the budget if CA did.

Do us all a favor, huh ....:eusa_eh:

If they ever try that, I'm catching the first flight back to Florida.

That said, they yap about it all the time here and for whatever reason they just can't seem to actually pick up a gun and start a revolution.

Last edited:

Doesn't actual fact kind of defeat the purpose of the lies? Just sayin' ... :eusa_whistle:

I LOVE the "one, in a cowboy hat ...." identifier. THAT sure narrows it down around here.:rofl:

True.

You don't even know who "they" are. You going to help every secessionist in the US pack? Oh, and in case you missed it, they don't need to pack. They aren't planning on going anywhere.

Y'all sensationalist, hate-and-fearmongering drama queens got nerve calling ANYONE "lunatics.":cuckoo:

lol

I've been listening to them whine and threaten to leave this country long enough. They just need to get on with it. Leave. Go. Vamoose.

So yeah, if it will get them off their asses and out the door, I'll help 'em pack.

Buncha fair-weather "patriots". And for the record, I felt the same way about those idiots who whined about leaving when Bush was (re)elected. Piss on 'em if they don't want to be part of this country.

Texas! It's been a fun century and a half, but you've overstayed your welcome. Time for you to go. Now. Bye.

Shit. We've probably had to finance your state's existence for half that time. Lord knows y'all damned-sure don't.

The US economy would collapse if Texas seceded. On the other hand, it would probably balance the budget if CA did.

Do us all a favor, huh ....:eusa_eh:
We'd come out ahead keeping California vs Texas. As of FY '05, Texas received $0.94 in federal spending for every dollar of federal taxes, while California only got back $0.78.

'Course that doesn't count the money we've dumped into Texas for 4 hurricanes, 2 severe storms, flooding and wildfires since '05. California has had 2 wildfires, 2 severe storms and a freeze.

But not to worry! Texas has had its hand in FEMA's back pocket far more than any other state---ever. California would have to really work at it to catch up with y'all.

FEMA: Annual Major Disaster Declarations Totals

The US economy would collapse if Texas seceded.

Without the Feds and their facilities and various toys down there, y'all would crumble.

If they ever try that, I'm catching the first flight back to Florida.

That said, they yap about it all the time here and for whatever reason they just can't seem to actually pick up a gun and start a revolution.

Cowards lol.

Texans were never "Real Americans" anyway

Lets sell them to Mexico

What Texas has given the country
1. George Bush
2. LBJ
3. They killed Kennedy
4. Stupid chainsaw movies
5. "Tex" Watson
6. The Waco massacre
7. Anna Nichole Smith
8. John Hinkley