Gov. Palin Noosed-OK, Sen. Obama Noosed-Not OK

Eightball

Oct 13, 2004
There was quite a discussion last night on the news about the house in Westwood/Hollywood, Calif. that along with it's Halloween decorations has a manequin dressed up to look like Gov. Palin being hanged by the neck. Many people complained to the city/authorities about it, but basically it will stay as it is protected under free-speech, and is not defined as "hate speech" according to the city attorney's office.

Side Note: Sen. McCain's likeness is portrayed at this residence in a configuration that is supposed to be "burning in hell"; also protected by "free speech" according to the same people.
Now, lets change this scenario folks: Lets have a Hollywood/Westwood home with Barack Obama's likeness hanging by the neck in a noose, and lets have Sen. Biden's likeness being fried in hellish fire.

Do you think that local authorities would react to this scenario the same way. You and I know that the NAACP, the Democratic party would cry foul, and also cry out that this is rascist to the core, and I bet you'd see those efigy's come down so fast it would make your head spin.
During the Rodney King riots, a White caucasion truck driver ended up in the wrong place, and was dragged out of his semi-truck rig and nearly beaten to death by African Americans. By the grace of God, some empathetic African Americans also saved his life.

Did the trucker's beating spawn a White American rampage throughout America? NO!
Folks the balance scales are not even. White America lives under the 100+ year reign of slavery to people of Negroid or African decent who were mercilessly brought here and mercilessly treated.

Sadly, we White Americans are supposed to never forget this, and never put it in the past, and get on with life, but must and our always reminded of it as though it will return in our society. One party is constantly called the homophobes, rascists, bigots, etc.....While the other party is called the empathetic, feeling your pain, party.

When will it end folks. It is now "ok" to slander, mistreat, malign, and basically hate, those who believe in fairness for all, 150 years after the Emancipation Proclamation. Instead, there still lies and permeates in our society this White, or caucasion need for constant penance. It is mainly perpetuated by a certain political party as a means of holding or keeping a major voting constituency within their ranks. Of course their are some hopeful shining lights of balanced, and objective thinking such as Thomas Sowell, noted African American writer/professor, who are gradually gaining respect in the African American community. Some day, hopefully Sowell won't be categorized as an "Uncle Tom" but will reflect a new, significant, and rising group of African American citizens that are tired of being used as "victims" to further the agenda of a certain party.

There will always be biggotry, rascism, in our country as well as other countries. It's the nature of humanity to distinguish themselves religiously, racially, culturally, language, skin color, etc.......The big difference in our country, is that it can't take root and grow without hitting squarely in the headlights of our U.S. Constitution. Men are all endowed by their Creator, and because of that, no man can or has the right of supremacy over another based on his or her humanity.

Where supremacy prevails is when one race or cultural block succeeds at taming or conquering their environment, and bettering their lives, and economic positions. This is again, humanity.

Now with that in mind.........Why, oh Why..........must any one's effigy hang by a noose. It is downright disgusting, mean spirited, and serves no purpose, unless a negative purpose can be included.

Why, oh why, is it ok for Gov. Sarah Palin, and Sen, John McCain's effigys to be used in this way, and Sen Barak Obama's would be considered totally objectionable under "hate" and "racist/biggotry" laws?

Again, it is in my humble opinion, National white/caucasion guilt, infused into most of us by both the white, black race, media, and constant reminders of past history. When is it the time when we will not have to play the part of Reverend Dimsdale from the "Scarlet Letter" and close up ourselves in a closet and whip are white caucasion bodies in penance for the deeds of many generations of the past? It's as though the American white citizen must where a scarlet letter "S" of slavery or slave master, around their necks for perpetuity. Something is wrong here? :)

I was just about to post this when I saw your thread.

This is the typical, hypocritical bullshit libbies are notorious for. Where's Jackson and Sharpton? Why are they not screaming, ranting and raving? If it was Comrade Hussein there would be bus-loads of them and their clone followers picketing and screaming racism.

Hypocritical fucktards.

clearly, you read the last thread where this comparison was made...

*yawn*

Yes, when will blacks stand up and refuse to be victims of "slavery?" Sadly, if you go to any Black Studies or African American Studies Departments in our universites, they continue to espouse this thinking. John McWhorter, (African American scholar and writer) believes that the issue of slavery must be firmly left in the past if African Americans want to move ahead.

Let's stop making different rules for different people. Why would hanging an effigy of Senator Obama be considered a "hate" crime, but stringing Gov. Palin outside a house is not?

clearly, you read the last thread where this comparison was made...

*yawn*

Yes, you are beating a dead horse.

But here was my response last time

I can see both sides of the argument and while I find it extremely distasteful, they do have the right to hang Palin in effigy. We are all well and good with hate in this country as long as it’s at an individual level. I don’t think the intent of hanging an effigy of Palin is racially motivated or sexually motivated (although it could be).

The reason that someone may be subject to hate speech issues by hanging Obama is that there is a long history of lynching blacks in America. If someone hated Obama and had the poor taste to represent his death in a Halloween display, might I suggest the guillotine, it would minimize the race hate element but still show your loathing for the candidate.

Just like Hanging Palin may be o.k. while depicting a sexual assault against her would not.

Probably because of the racial overtures. I'm sure someone could think up something to do with a Palin doll that would be over the top sexist...but wouldn't be if done to a Obama doll.

And btw, Eightball, go ahead and hang an Obama doll in your front yard...as far as I know, it's legal.

:eusa_whistle:

Keep in mind the other day Palin said picking on her clothing $150K was sexist.

But it wasn't sexist to make fun of John Edwards expensive haircut or McCain's $500 mockasins?

And btw, Eightball, go ahead and hang an Obama doll in your front yard...as far as I know, it's legal.

:eusa_whistle:

Being you don't know me........Your response is very stupid, mean spirited, but predictable.

In my conscience, I could never do that! As a biblical Christian, that would be sinful to do. Christ loved all mankind.......even those that spit in His face. In fact many who spit in His face, came to love Him and accept His salvation for their sinful lives.

The Roman Centurion who participated in Christ's crucifixion and stood before the cross when Jesus breathed His last breath, said, "Surely this is the Son of God!".

So many people have such a skewed understanding of fairness, and balance. Tolerance isn't balance. Tolerance is looking the other way or not getting involved for fear of repercussions.

No where should man tolerate sin, but Christ said that it isn't the sword that remedies, but the Word of God, the bible that contains the Sword that pierces men's hearts to the souls.

I'm tired of people calling Christian's "nut jobs" and giving Islamic terrorists a pass. It's obviously a spiritual battle, as Christians are no threat to humanity unless humanity perceives surrender to His Maker as a threat, and desires to go it alone. ;)

Last edited:
I can't believe a Christian called my response "really stupid."

No money when they pass the plate on Sunday!!!

I can't believe a Christian called my response "really stupid."

No money when they pass the plate on Sunday!!!

That old ploy.......or shock that a Christian would call another "Stupid" is one worn-out defense.

I've done and said stupid things in my life and had to own-up to it..............I'm will to call the kettle black........are you?

If you perceive that Christians go around with their hands folded in a prayer position or have a King James under their arm at all times, then you bought into a typical stereotype.

Christians get angry, they cry, they screw up, the enjoy good times, go to movies, like to drive cars, cringe when paying taxes..............and even bleed real blood when pricked.

Toleration and love are not synonymous. Christian love is looking past the sin or the person's sin, and loving them as Christ loves them. That isn't a definition of tolerating the sin, it's looking past it and seeing a living soul in need of salvation. God hates sin, and so do Christians, but we as Christians also realize that we-too are fallible, and sin as we belong to the human family. We have no right to judge without being judged ourselves.

There is nothing sinful or unChristian in all it as we see it. Some will scream..........."Judgementalism!", but usually that's a defense to deflect self-guilt. It's interesting how we as human beings react to God's Word. We detest it, we swear at it, yet, Why? Its because the Word of God illuminates the "sinnner" or "sinfulness" in us. It's like a big old search light shining and revealing our true motives and agenda of life when we read the bible.

We have the choice to flee from it, repudiate it, or humbly accept it as our true spiritual state. Pretty simple.

Christ said that our battle is spiritual in nature. It's not with physical swords, guns and clubs........It's the incredible, convicting power of the words contained in the bible that bring men to their knees, or cause them to rebell even more. Again pretty simple.

One can read the bible through and through and claim intellectual prowess with the scriptures, yet lack spiritual discernment of what it really was meant to convey.

Pharisees and Sadducees were perfect examples of head theology, but a total lack of heart theology. ;)

Last edited:
She really said it was sexist? Why?

There picking on me because I'm a woman is what she was saying. But it's ok to make fun of the guys for the same thing?

She's playing the gender card. Sort of like when Hillary cried.

Don't worry about it, Eightball. I was just chuckling over your the irony in your original response to me.

Yes, when will blacks stand up and refuse to be victims of "slavery?" Sadly, if you go to any Black Studies or African American Studies Departments in our universites, they continue to espouse this thinking. John McWhorter, (African American scholar and writer) believes that the issue of slavery must be firmly left in the past if African Americans want to move ahead.

Let's stop making different rules for different people. Why would hanging an effigy of Senator Obama be considered a "hate" crime, but stringing Gov. Palin outside a house is not?
Heres what Obama wants to do to even the score, after watching this video you tell me, if these matters will get better or worse??? now this is straight from the horses mouth..
YouTube - Obama Bombshell Redistribution of Wealth Audio Uncovered
Oh and by the way excellent post there Eightball.. Now had Thomas Sowell ran for president lol he'd gotten my vote hands down........Thomas Sowell is a credit not only to his race but to all.............

Last edited:

Forum List

Back