Gov. O’Malley: Wealthy Dems should ‘stop being so precious’

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio

Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley (D) on Friday challenged wealthy Democrats to “stop being so precious” and start giving to the super-PACs that are trying to help President Obama win reelection.

"I think that Democrats of means should stop being so precious. They should put their oar in the water and start rowing forward," O'Malley said.

The Maryland governor was asked in an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” whether he wanted to deliver a message to wealthy Democrats who have been reluctant to cut checks to the new outside spending groups.

"I think all of us need to do everything we can for the country we believe in and that we carry in our heart and that's true of people of limited means, people of great means,” O’Malley said, looking directly into the camera. “You can't just sit back on the sidelines and say, 'Oh, because the extreme right is trying to buy this election, we're going to unilaterally disarm.' "

When pressed on whether he would like to see more "rich liberals" donating to pro-Obama outside spending groups, O'Malley said, "We all need to put our oars in the water and we all need to row forward.

"Democrats of means need to stop being so precious about the magic wand that the president hasn't waved on this issue, that issue or the other issue. I mean, my goodness, I thought we were working at electing a president, not a magician, here. This is the real world," he said

http://thehill.com/video/campaign/234285-gov-omalley-wealthy-democrats-should-stop-being-so-precious

I really like this guy and he has good advice for Democrats. Getting super pac money out of the campaigns would be a wonderful thing but maybe it's too late and we've gone too far on this one.

Wish Rs could be a bit more honest about their candidates attempting to buy elections. Bobby Jindal was up next complaining about attack ads against Rs but had his own set of talking point attacks for Democrats..

Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley (D) on Friday challenged wealthy Democrats to “stop being so precious” and start giving to the super-PACs that are trying to help President Obama win reelection.

"I think that Democrats of means should stop being so precious. They should put their oar in the water and start rowing forward," O'Malley said.

The Maryland governor was asked in an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” whether he wanted to deliver a message to wealthy Democrats who have been reluctant to cut checks to the new outside spending groups.

"I think all of us need to do everything we can for the country we believe in and that we carry in our heart and that's true of people of limited means, people of great means,” O’Malley said, looking directly into the camera. “You can't just sit back on the sidelines and say, 'Oh, because the extreme right is trying to buy this election, we're going to unilaterally disarm.' "

When pressed on whether he would like to see more "rich liberals" donating to pro-Obama outside spending groups, O'Malley said, "We all need to put our oars in the water and we all need to row forward.

"Democrats of means need to stop being so precious about the magic wand that the president hasn't waved on this issue, that issue or the other issue. I mean, my goodness, I thought we were working at electing a president, not a magician, here. This is the real world," he said

Gov. O

I really like this guy and he has good advice for Democrats. Getting super pac money out of the campaigns would be a wonderful thing but maybe it's too late and we've gone too far on this one.

Wish Rs could be a bit more honest about their candidates attempting to buy elections. Bobby Jindal was up next complaining about attack ads against Rs but had his own set of talking point attacks for Democrats..

Yet, neither the interviewer or yourself asked the obvious question:

What does this mean?

..."I think all of us need to do everything we can for the country we believe in and that we carry in our heart and that's true of people of limited means, people of great means,” O’Malley said, looking directly into the camera. “You can't just sit back on the sidelines and say, 'Oh, because the extreme right is trying to buy this election, we're going to unilaterally disarm.' "...

Gov. O

Yet, neither the interviewer or yourself asked the obvious question:

What does this mean?

..."I think all of us need to do everything we can for the country we believe in and that we carry in our heart and that's true of people of limited means, people of great means,” O’Malley said, looking directly into the camera. “You can't just sit back on the sidelines and say, 'Oh, because the extreme right is trying to buy this election, we're going to unilaterally disarm.' "...

There are all kinds of fundraising options, his objection was the super pac money, I found that to be his clear message, Annie.

O'Malley is one of the biggest dolts that ever got elected. He imposed a special tax on rich people in Maryland. As a result, they started leaving in droves. I myself just moved. Taxes were a big part of the reason I left.

O'Malley is one of the biggest dolts that ever got elected. He imposed a special tax on rich people in Maryland. As a result, they started leaving in droves. I myself just moved. Taxes were a big part of the reason I left.

Please provide a link to where rich people are all leaving Maryland. Maryland is a great place to live.

Please provide a link to where rich people are all leaving Maryland. Maryland is a great place to live.

Millionaire tax: While the millionaire tax may not be the primary factor making wealthy people leave the state, something's making them get out. - Baltimore Sun

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124329282377252471.html

Millionaire tax: While the millionaire tax may not be the primary factor making wealthy people leave the state, something's making them get out. - Baltimore Sun

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124329282377252471.html

Good to see you could stop trolling for a few minutes to provide a couple of links. Thanks. From the WSJ link:

The Maryland state revenue office says it's "way too early" to tell how many millionaires moved out of the state when the tax rates rose. But no one disputes that some rich filers did leave.

Forum List

Back