Gov. Mike Pence to push for clarification of ‘religious freedom’ law

The day these bakers, florists, photographers and, yes, even pediatricians refuse to serve a divorced couple or an unwed mother, I'll buy their "deeply held religious beliefs". Your sign must says "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Sin, No Service" and you must apply it equally.
You still don't get it. That's proof you cannot think outside your little box. Gays weren't denied service, the marriage event is what people have a problem with. The more accurate analogy would be a baker making a cake celebrating adultery, fornication, whatever. It honestly is not a complicated concept.

The day these bakers, florists, photographers and, yes, even pediatricians refuse to serve a divorced couple or an unwed mother, I'll buy their "deeply held religious beliefs". Your sign must says "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Sin, No Service" and you must apply it equally.
You still don't get it. That's proof you cannot think outside your little box. Gays weren't denied service, the marriage event is what people have a problem with. The more accurate analogy would be a baker making a cake celebrating adultery, fornication, whatever. It honestly is not a complicated concept.

If you provide a service to straight couples, in some states and localities you must provide the same exact service to gay couples.

Baking a wedding cake for a fat couples would be celebrating sin (glutony)...but I've yet to a baker refuse to bake a wedding cake for fatties.

Photographing the wedding of a formerly divorced and remarrying couple would be celebrating a sin. Jesus actually spoke out against divorce...unlike homosexuality...but I've yet to see one of these "deeply religious" folks deny them services.

Not a single "Christian" business has tried to deny service to a non religious couple. That's clearly a big "no no" in the bible.

These folks are trying to use Jesus to justify their bigotry. Jesus doesn't like that sort of thing.

If you provide a service to straight couples, in some states and localities you must provide the same exact service to gay couples.

Baking a wedding cake for a fat couples would be celebrating sin (glutony)...but I've yet to a baker refuse to bake a wedding cake for fatties.

Photographing the wedding of a formerly divorced and remarrying couple would be celebrating a sin. Jesus actually spoke out against divorce...unlike homosexuality...but I've yet to see one of these "deeply religious" folks deny them services.

Not a single "Christian" business has tried to deny service to a non religious couple. That's clearly a big "no no" in the bible.

These folks are trying to use Jesus to justify their bigotry. Jesus doesn't like that sort of thing.
You aren't God. You don't get to decide people's morality for them to suit yourself. It's no more bigoted than to refuse to print pro-abortion flyers. If someone wanted to reject baking for fat people who are you to step in and make them?

People are supposed to be allowed to make those decisions. Not you, not the government. We should not even need a religious excuse, this has gone too far.

If bestiality is legal in a state I would hope a baker would still have the right to turn it down, but your side won't let them.

You can not force a person to be part of something that another person finds objectionable for religious reasons.....Just like you can not force a Orthodox Jew OBGYN to perform abortions or a Muslim restaurant in to serving baby back ribs. You can not force us in to seeing your life choices as normal.

Last edited:

You aren't God. You don't get to decide people's morality for them to suit yourself. It's no more bigoted than to refuse to print pro-abortion flyers. If someone wanted to reject baking for fat people who are you to step in and make them?

People are supposed to be allowed to make those decisions. Not you, not the government. We should not even need a religious excuse, this has gone too far.

If bestiality is legal in a state I would hope a baker would still have the right to turn it down, but your side won't let them.

I'm pointing out their anti gay bigotry...which is all it's based on (and of course their blatant hypocrisy). I understand that makes you uncomfortable. Oh well...

I'm pointing out their anti gay bigotry...which is all it's based on (and of course their blatant hypocrisy). I understand that makes you uncomfortable. Oh well...
You aren't pointing it out, you are making the assertion as if you were omnipresent and know their true motives. Your special powers are equally effective on me.

You can not force a person to be part of something that another person finds objectionable for religious reasons.....Just like you can not force a Orthodox Jew OBGYN to perform abortions or a Muslim restaurant in to serving baby back ribs. You can not force us in to seeing your life choices as normal.

Actually in some states and localities the law requires that you treat LGBT customers the exact same way you would treat any other customer. That's not forcing you to do anything. You have choices. You can 1) stop proving the service. If you are a baker, stop baking wedding cakes. 2) Find a state or locality where you can discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation (until there are Federal Protections) or 3) Treat all your customers equally.

Actually in some states and localities the law requires that you treat LGBT customers the exact same way you would treat any other customer. That's not forcing you to do anything. You have choices. You can 1) stop proving the service. If you are a baker, stop baking wedding cakes. 2) Find a state or locality where you can discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation (until there are Federal Protections) or 3) Treat all your customers equally.
Or 4). Throw the tyrants out of office and elect those willing to protect Constitutional rights.

You aren't pointing it out, you are making the assertion as if you were omnipresent and know their true motives. Your special powers are equally effective on me.

Their actions prove their "true motives"...as indicated by the number of adulterers, divorcees, or fatties denied service. :lol:

Or 4). Throw the tyrants out of office and elect those willing to protect Constitutional rights.

You don't believe states have a right to regulate intrastate commerce? You don't believe in "states rights"?

You don't believe states have a right to regulate intrastate commerce? You don't believe in "states rights"?
States rights do not trump Constitutional rights. Just like with segregation, remember?

Then those states violate Thier citizens constitutional rights

Forum List

Back