Gov. Mike Pence to push for clarification of ‘religious freedom’ law

You would be well advised to get some tips on how to post "gracefully" in a computer forum. You are your own worst enemy.
dig.gif
laugh.gif
Being you requires no enemy

why ?

you a wing nut...

Fools like Van Jones on CNN call this Indiana law "discrimination", as if that automatically makes it a bad thing. Actually, all the law does is allow people to go to court and plead their case. But if the law was discrimination, so what ? Everything we do in life in a discrimination of some sort. When we choose which shirt to wear in the morning, we discriminate. When we choose what foods to buy, we discriminate. Which route we take to the store is a discrimination.

A few decades ago, Florida passed a law that apartments (which previously had been all adult) could no longer discriminate against families with children. So the discrimination against the kids came to a halt. And what began, in its place, was discrimination against all those people who wish to live in a child-free environment.

When the homo loons bark about discrimination, and pretend that discrimination per se is what they oppose, in reality all they oppose is discrimination against them, and they are willing to let everyone else be discriminated against, and be chopped liver.

Thirty law professors who are experts in religious freedom wrote in February that the Indiana law does not “mirror the language of the federal RFRA” and “will… create confusion, conflict, and a wave of litigation that will threaten the clarity of religious liberty rights in Indiana while undermining the state’s ability to enforce other compelling interests.

The Big Lie The Media Tells About Indiana’s New ‘Religious Freedom’ Law

Thirty law professors who are experts in religious freedom should know what they're talking about. Read their letter.

Thirty law professors who are experts in religious freedom wrote in February that the Indiana law does not “mirror the language of the federal RFRA” and “will… create confusion, conflict, and a wave of litigation that will threaten the clarity of religious liberty rights in Indiana while undermining the state’s ability to enforce other compelling interests.

The Big Lie The Media Tells About Indiana’s New ‘Religious Freedom’ Law

Thirty law professors who are experts in religious freedom should know what they're talking about. Read their letter.
Oh yeah man. They know what they're talking about. They're good at demanding tolerance for homos, all the while that they blast machine gun fire at the very idea of tolerance for Christians, and those who wish to not have the whims of sex perverts imposed upon them. Do these fools have any idea how blatantly stupid they look ? I mean really.

PHEEEEEEEEEEWWW!!! (high-pitched whistle, eyes rolling around in head)
wtf20.gif
thinking.gif
f_whistle.gif
rolleyes21.gif
geez.gif

If I were hosting a seminar on the health risks of homosexual conduct, and I walked into a print shop to have them print up some booklets to hand out at the seminar, and the printer happened to be gay and told me he did not want to print what he considered to be "anti-gay propaganda," I would simply thank him for his time and go find another printer. I would never dream of suing him or otherwise trying to get him in trouble. I would respect his beliefs and feelings, even though I found them absurd.

Why can't gays show the same tolerance and respect for religious vendors who find gay marriage offensive?

This is *not* the same thing as refusing to serve someone a meal at your restaurant or refusing a couple a hotel room at your hotel. Food, lodging, auto repair, home repair, things like that, can be viewed as "basic" needs that any vendor should be willing to provide, regardless of race, lifestyle, creed, etc.
It isn't about the homosexuals it Is about the Christians. Destroying the church is the utmost important thing for progressives

You give yourself far too much credit. It's about being treated equally. Christians are protected by anti discrimination laws in Public Accommodation at a Federal level...unlike gays that are protected at a state or local level...states rights guy.
They should NOT be treated equally. They are not equal. worse yet, they are a threat to normal people, and thus should be discriminated against in various ways.

The same thing was said about blacks, women, the Irish, American Indians....

protectionist is what the worst of America looks like.

Fools like Van Jones on CNN call this Indiana law "discrimination", as if that automatically makes it a bad thing. Actually, all the law does is allow people to go to court and plead their case. But if the law was discrimination, so what ? .

There you have it. The Right's position excellently summarized...

"If the law was discrimination, so what?"

lol

:lol: Backing down already

Swarens Gov. Mike Pence to push for clarification of religious freedom law

“I support religious liberty, and I support this law,” Pence said in an exclusive interview. “But we are in discussions with legislative leaders this weekend to see if there’s a way to clarify the intent of the law.”

The governor, although not ready to provide details on what the new bill will say, said he expects the legislation to be introduced into the General Assembly this coming week.

Oesterle’s statement is a telling sign that the outrage over RFRA isn’t limited only to the political left. Oesterle directed Republican Mitch Daniels’ 2004 campaign for governor. And it’s a signal that the damage from the RFRA debacle could be extensive.

Behind the scenes, Pence and his team have been scrambling to mitigate that damage — both to the state and to the governor’s political career.

Pence said, for example, that he had a “cordial and productive” conversation with Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff, who announced shortly after Pence signed the RFRA legislation on Thursday that the company will cancel all corporate-related travel to Indiana. That conversation, however, has not led to a reversal of the Salesforce decision.

That's the problem with pandering to the lowest common denominator, sometimes you get burned.

If I were hosting a seminar on the health risks of homosexual conduct, and I walked into a print shop to have them print up some booklets to hand out at the seminar, and the printer happened to be gay and told me he did not want to print what he considered to be "anti-gay propaganda," I would simply thank him for his time and go find another printer. I would never dream of suing him or otherwise trying to get him in trouble. I would respect his beliefs and feelings, even though I found them absurd.

Why can't gays show the same tolerance and respect for religious vendors who find gay marriage offensive?

This is *not* the same thing as refusing to serve someone a meal at your restaurant or refusing a couple a hotel room at your hotel. Food, lodging, auto repair, home repair, things like that, can be viewed as "basic" needs that any vendor should be willing to provide, regardless of race, lifestyle, creed, etc.
It isn't about the homosexuals it Is about the Christians. Destroying the church is the utmost important thing for progressives

You give yourself far too much credit. It's about being treated equally. Christians are protected by anti discrimination laws in Public Accommodation at a Federal level...unlike gays that are protected at a state or local level...states rights guy.
They should NOT be treated equally. They are not equal. worse yet, they are a threat to normal people, and thus should be discriminated against in various ways.

The same thing was said about blacks, women, the Irish, American Indians....

protectionist is what the worst of America looks like.
What kind of a dumbbell post is this ? Of course it CAN'T be said the same about blacks, women, the Irish, American Indians. Those groups ARE equal in rights to everyone else because they are not ABnormal sex perverts, or abnormal in someway that endangers the public, as queers are.

And YOU CandyCorn are the worst of what America looks like. Just like the fools in the protests we see on TV holding signs that say > "Religious freedom doesn't mean OK to discriminate" The sign is deceitful. The protestors aren't against "discrimination". They're perfectly willing to discriminate against those who wish to choose whom they do business with, and how. They're hypocritically perfectly willing to discriminate against those who wish to be free from homosexual behaviors and influences, which is proper and normal.

They know there will always be discriminaitons going on, in favor of some, and against others. They just are pushing to keep the discriminations to be in their favor, and everybody else be damned.

Fools like Van Jones on CNN call this Indiana law "discrimination", as if that automatically makes it a bad thing. Actually, all the law does is allow people to go to court and plead their case. But if the law was discrimination, so what ? .

There you have it. The Right's position excellently summarized...

"If the law was discrimination, so what?"

lol
Yeah! So what ? So what's your answer ? That it's hypocritically not OK to discriminate against queers, but it is OK to discriminate against Christians, or anyone who doesn't want to be involved with these sex perverts ?
There's the left's position excellently summarized. Give them THEIR WAY, and everyone else be damned, and talk about discrimination only against them, as if that was the only discrimination in question here.

You can call me anything you like, but I am in harmony with nature. You're not. That clearly makes you the wingnut.

You are in harmony with paranoia, ignorance, Narcissism...hell you a wing nut
No. I am in harmony with nature, and normal behavior. And you are in DISharmony with that. You're in tune with sex perversion, lunacy, and a ton of >> :bsflag:

YOU are bigoted against Christians, and those who normally wish to live in a sex pervert free environment. Your HYPOCRISY is deafening.
Get real almost all my relatives are Christians ....

The leaders of nine Indiana businesses on Monday wrote a letter to the state's Republican leaders urging them to make sure the newreligious freedom lawdoes not allow discrimination.

The chief executive officers of Angie's List, Anthem, Cummins, Dow AgroSciences, Eli Lilly and Co., Emmis Communications, IU Health, Roche Diagnostics and Salesforce Marketing signed the letter.

They wrote to Gov. Mike Pence (R), as well as the state Senate and House GOP leaders, that they were "deeply concerned" about the impact the new law would have on employees and the state's reputation, according to a copy of the letter obtained byWTHR-TV.

The Indianapolis Star is full of crap. NO there CANNOT be coexistence of RFRA and queers. What the queers want is basically a repeal of RFRA where the right to discriminate against queers would be taken away. That is preposterous. I can't say it enough. The queers want to have THEIR WAY 100%, and everyone else be damned.
How many queers are on the Indianapolis Star's editorial board ?

The Indianapolis Star is full of crap. NO there CANNOT be coexistence of RFRA and queers. What the queers want is basically a repeal of RFRA where the right to discriminate against queers would be taken away. That is preposterous. I can't say it enough. The queers want to have THEIR WAY 100%, and everyone else be damned.
Only you got your head on right ...I mean all the way to Right wing nut...

YOU are bigoted against Christians, and those who normally wish to live in a sex pervert free environment. Your HYPOCRISY is deafening.
Get real almost all my relatives are Christians ....

The leaders of nine Indiana businesses on Monday wrote a letter to the state's Republican leaders urging them to make sure the newreligious freedom lawdoes not allow discrimination.

The chief executive officers of Angie's List, Anthem, Cummins, Dow AgroSciences, Eli Lilly and Co., Emmis Communications, IU Health, Roche Diagnostics and Salesforce Marketing signed the letter.

They wrote to Gov. Mike Pence (R), as well as the state Senate and House GOP leaders, that they were "deeply concerned" about the impact the new law would have on employees and the state's reputation, according to a copy of the letter obtained byWTHR-TV.
And are they willing to allow discrimination against businesses who don't want to provide services to queers ? Yes they are, arent they ? So they, like you, are full of shit.

Only you got your head on right ...I mean all the way to Right wing nut...
That's all you can do. Throw empty ad hominem insults. You have no basis in this discussion. You lost this debate a long time ago, and nobody has had the heart to tell you.

Forum List

Back