Gov. Mike Pence to push for clarification of ‘religious freedom’ law

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
:lol: Backing down already

Swarens Gov. Mike Pence to push for clarification of religious freedom law

“I support religious liberty, and I support this law,” Pence said in an exclusive interview. “But we are in discussions with legislative leaders this weekend to see if there’s a way to clarify the intent of the law.”

The governor, although not ready to provide details on what the new bill will say, said he expects the legislation to be introduced into the General Assembly this coming week.

Oesterle’s statement is a telling sign that the outrage over RFRA isn’t limited only to the political left. Oesterle directed Republican Mitch Daniels’ 2004 campaign for governor. And it’s a signal that the damage from the RFRA debacle could be extensive.

Behind the scenes, Pence and his team have been scrambling to mitigate that damage — both to the state and to the governor’s political career.

Pence said, for example, that he had a “cordial and productive” conversation with Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff, who announced shortly after Pence signed the RFRA legislation on Thursday that the company will cancel all corporate-related travel to Indiana. That conversation, however, has not led to a reversal of the Salesforce decision.

Fuck Salesforce.com. Fuck fascists who oppose this legislation. It will do nothing but prevent the abuses that w've seen in other parts of the country.

You DON'T LIKE THE LAW. don't frikken move to Indiana.

you people are for CHOCE until it's something you don't like

Pence is an asshole.

From the OP link:

Pence also plans to fight back in the state and national media. He’s scheduled, for instance, to defend the law Sunday morning on ABC’s “This Week” with George Stephanopoulos. “I’m not going to take it (the criticism) lying down,” he said.

Fuck Salesforce.com. Fuck fascists who oppose this legislation. It will do nothing but prevent the abuses that w've seen in other parts of the country.

Many conservatives are also against this law. Pence is scrambling big time, why would that be if it's the will of the people? Obviously, this legislation is the will of the few.
About the only people for this legislation seem to be the far right and the narrow-minded.
My money says the legislation somehow gets revamped or dropped.

Charles Barkley Calls Indiana's New 'Religious Freedom' Law 'Unacceptable'

A new "religious freedom" law in Indiana has NCAA basketball analyst and NBA legend Charles Barkley calling foul -- and calling on officials to move next week's March Madness Final Four tournament out of the state.

"Discrimination in any form is unacceptable to me,” Barkley said in a statement Friday afternoon. “As long as anti-gay legislation exists in any state, I strongly believe big events such as the Final Four and Super Bowl should not be held in those states’ cities.”

The legislation, signed into law Thursday by Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R), does not explicitly mention discrimination against gays or anyone else. Rather, it "prohibits state or local governments from substantially burdening a person's ability to exercise their religion," according to The Indianapolis Star.

But critics say the bill could give businesses a legal foothold to refuse service to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals in the name of religious freedom.

More: Charles Barkley Calls Indiana's New Religious Freedom Law Unacceptable

I'm not a Barkley fan - but I agree with him on this. Bible thumpers must be kept out of government.

Civil Rights is non-negotiable.

The law, as written, will be overturned. We all know that.

Charles Barkley Calls Indiana's New 'Religious Freedom' Law 'Unacceptable'

A new "religious freedom" law in Indiana has NCAA basketball analyst and NBA legend Charles Barkley calling foul -- and calling on officials to move next week's March Madness Final Four tournament out of the state.

"Discrimination in any form is unacceptable to me,” Barkley said in a statement Friday afternoon. “As long as anti-gay legislation exists in any state, I strongly believe big events such as the Final Four and Super Bowl should not be held in those states’ cities.”

The legislation, signed into law Thursday by Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R), does not explicitly mention discrimination against gays or anyone else. Rather, it "prohibits state or local governments from substantially burdening a person's ability to exercise their religion," according to The Indianapolis Star.

But critics say the bill could give businesses a legal foothold to refuse service to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals in the name of religious freedom.

More: Charles Barkley Calls Indiana's New Religious Freedom Law Unacceptable

I'm not a Barkley fan - but I agree with him on this.
The NCAA also came out and hinted that this will negatively affect decisions for future events in Indiana. I'm sure the major sports and other businesses will soon follow as the law gets more publicity.

oh really, well how about all the 19 others states who has it. I guess they are all far right and narrow minded too. and when did you people care about the will of people...ObamaCare was passed with NOT one Republican. no one crapped over that and called it NARROW MINDED. EVEN thought that was both

oh really, well how about all the 19 others states who has it. I guess they are all far right and narrow minded too. and when did you people care about the will of people...ObamaCare was passed with NOT one Republican. no one crapped over that and called it NARROW MINDED. EVEN thought that was both
You are correct that those laws are also far right and narrow minded! Wow steph I've never seen you be right before!!!

Of course Indiana's law goes much further which, of course, is why it's getting so much attention.

mike-pence-meme.jpg

Fuck those crazy religious nuts and their fantasy Sky Daddy.

Will the radical left be satisfied when they find out that 19 other states have similar laws and they are based on a federal law signed by Bill Clinton?

Forum List

Back