Gov Jan Brewer for President.

I don't vote for People just because they do one thing with guts.

Let her run and put a platform out and ill decide then.

I don't vote for People just because they do one thing with guts.

Let her run and put a platform out and ill decide then.

That works for me, but like Avatar says in so many words, one instance of "Damn the Torpedoes" is encouraging in the short term, but can she, and those like her, maintain the vigilance and determination? I have a gut feeling she is going to be alright. I am sure Sarah was 'determined' also when elected as Governor of Alaska.

Obama and those like him are also, 'determined', but determined to do what is the question. Guess I am a tad cautious since most politicians in my lifetime, have 'fooled us', or should I say lied to us of their intentions, ie: everyday politics.

The 'business of politics' seems no different than an advanced chess game, and those with the best strategy, using any means they can in their slight-of-hand campaigns and 'rhetorical re-directs', open ended 'promises', keeps everyone guessing, in fact, they themselves become confused while wallowing around in their B.S. :tongue:

For starters, I don't like her looks. Secondly, she just backed down when a group of FOREIGN governors started crying. That's not leadership, that is WEAKNESS. America doesn't need any more weak leaders.

What do you think?

Might's well add her name to the pile. Why not? I think a debate between Sarah Palin and another woman of the same party vying for the job would be most fascinating. Sarah wouldn't be able to use her canned adulterations now reserved only for Democrats.

yesss!!!! With palin as VP, see the commie feminists melt in their own pantsuits!! XD

Last edited:
How's she been as governor?

Jan Brewer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Political career
[edit] State legislature
Going on to become interested in her children's education, Brewer began attending schoolboard meetings in 1981, and quickly became "unimpressed" by the board's performance.[2] Intending to run for a seat on the board, Brewer soon saw an opening in her local legislative district, and decided to run for State Representative. Brewer would go on to serve in the Arizona House of Representatives for three years, from 1983 to 1987, before deciding to run for the Arizona Senate, where she would serve from 1987 to 1996. As State Senator, Brewer sought legislation with the intention of creating an office of Lieutenant Governor in the state, arguing that holding the office of Secretary of State does not make a candidate qualified for Governor, and that the office should be filled by a member of the same party, should a vacancy arise.[2] During her last three years as a State Senator, she held the senior leadership position of majority whip.[2]

In 1996, Brewer ran for chairman of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, defeating incumbent Ed King, and would serve for six years on the board. She inherited a debt of $165 million, and by the end of Brewer’s tenure in 2002, she left Maricopa County in one of the strongest financial positions of any county in the nation.[2] Governing Magazine proclaimed the County as "one of the two best managed large counties in the nation."[5]

[edit] Secretary of State of Arizona
In early 2002, Brewer created a campaign committee to run for the office of Secretary of State of Arizona, to replace outgoing Arizona Secretary of State Betsey Bayless. Brewer faced a tough primary race against Phoenix Councilman Sal DiCiccio, who attempted to highlight her tenure as a county supervisor by accusing her of raising taxes, after the county had reported an increase in revenue.[2] Brewer responded to the criticism by proclaiming that she had voted to lower the tax rate, and that the county had collected more revenue because of an increase in property valuations. Brewer ultimately won the primary race against DiCiccio. In the general election, she faced Democratic State Senator Chris Cummiskey and Libertarian candidate Sean Nottingham. During the campaign, she fought on a largely conservative, pro-life rights platform, winning by a narrow margin of just 23,000 votes.[2]

As Secretary of State, Brewer instituted a vote-by-fax program for overseas military troops, which would later be adopted by other municipalities, including San Francisco. Brewer also helped marshal changes brought about by Arizona Proposition 200, which required citizens in the state to show proof of citizenship before registering to vote or applying for public benefits.[2]

[edit] Governor of Arizona
As Secretary of State, Brewer was the first in line to succeed then-Governor Janet Napolitano, after Napolitano was selected by President Barack Obama to serve as the Secretary of Homeland Security of the United States in the United States Cabinet. Brewer was then sworn in as Governor, despite her earlier quarrels with the line of succession while serving in the State Senate, after Napolitano resigned from her position on January 21, 2009. She is Arizona's fourth female governor and its third consecutive female governor.[2]

In her inaugural address, Brewer promised to keep taxes low in Arizona, in an attempt to attract business from other states, including California. Fewer than two months into her term, however, Brewer proposed a tax increase in front of the State Legislature, causing two Republican members to walk out of the address mid-speech. Attempting to rationalize the tax increase, Brewer stated that she was ultimately forced to ask for the increase due to the state's $4 billion state budget deficit.[2]

Governor Jan Brewer meeting with President Barack Obama in June 2010.On April 23, 2010, Brewer signed the Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act, otherwise known as Arizona SB1070, into law, making it "a state crime for illegal immigrants to not have an alien registration document," and requiring police "to question people about their immigration status if there is reason, other than race, ethnicity or national origin, to suspect they are illegal immigrants" after they have been stopped, detained or arrested for another crime or suspicion of another crime. It also makes it illegal for people to hire illegal immigrants for day labor or to knowingly transport them. In addition, it provides provisions to allow citizens to file lawsuits against government agencies that hinder enforcement of immigration laws.[6] A follow-on bill, said to address certain "racial profiling" issues with the original bill, was passed by the Arizona legislature just before ending their 2010 session, and was signed by Brewer on April 30, 2010.[7] Signing of the bill has led to massive demonstrations in Arizona, Washington, D.C. and many other cities across the United States, both for and against the legislation.[8]

On June 3, 2010, Jan Brewer met with President Barack Obama to discuss immigration along Mexico's border with Arizona, and how the federal government could work together with state officials to combat violence there. Brewer remarked after the meeting, "I am encouraged that there is going to be much better dialogue between the federal government and the state of Arizona now."[9] According to press reports, about 1200 national guard troops will be stationed at along the border, in a layout still to be determined.[10]

Brewer is currently running for re-election to the office of Governor of Arizona, seeking a full term, in the state's 2010 gubernatorial election. She will likely face Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard in the general election. Polling conducted after Brewer's signing of Arizona SB1070 has shown her as an early favorite in both the Republican primary, which is scheduled to take place on August 24, 2010, and the general election.[11] Should she win a full term, she will have to leave office in 2015; the Arizona Constitution limits governors to a total of eight years in office.

Forum List

Back