Gov. Crist says Florida will not enforce gay adoption ban after appeals court ruling

asterism

Congress != Progress
Jul 29, 2010
Central Florida
Gov. Crist says Florida will not enforce gay adoption ban after appeals court ruling
Bob Shackelford

TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- Gov. Charlie Crist said today the state will stop enforcing its legal ban on adoption by gay couples while deciding whether to seek a Florida Supreme Court review of an appeals court ruling against the statute.

"I'm very pleased with the ruling," Crist told reporters. "We are going to immediately stop enforcing the ban on those adoptions because a district court has statewide application. As it relates to potential appeal, I'd like some time to give it some thought and see what the plaintiffs might deem appropriate."

A three-judge panel in South Florida upheld a circuit court ruling that struck down the state's ban on adoption by gay couples. Opponents of gay adoption have vowed to fight to reinstate the law, while even some proponents of adoption by homosexual couples have said a final clarification is needed to cement their victory from the lower courts.

Gov. Crist says Florida will not enforce gay adoption ban after appeals court ruling | Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Sarasota | WTSP.com 10 News

:clap2:

Still not voting for the guy, but he's correct on this one.

Last edited:
Sure, let the homos adopt. Great way for them to indoctrinate a child into their form of dysfunctional gender identity.

In any case, it baffles me as to why they want to adopt a child. If they want a kid that bad, they know how to make one. Why don't they? Are they that sick in the head that they can't copulate like normal people so they can have their own kid? I personally think that's a pathetic cop out and selfish to adopt someone else's kid just because they refuse to procreate by normal means even though they're capable.

Last edited:
I have no problem with Gay Couples adopting. Hopefully they get the same scrutiny that any couple trying to adopt gets.

In Florida they do, plus some. It's a hard road all around except for those on the inside of the corrupt DCF. It's really too bad that the social conservative extreme thinks a crack whore who sold her children is a better mother than two gay women.

Sure, let the homos adopt. Great way for them to indoctrinate a child into their form of dysfunctional gender identity.

In any case, it baffles me as to why they want to adopt a child. If they want a kid that bad, they know how to make one. Why don't they? Are they that sick in the head that they can't copulate like normal people so they can have their own kid? I personally think that's a pathetic cop out and selfish to adopt someone else's kid just because they refuse to procreate by normal means.

WOW!

I've got a few kids myself and I absolutely love being a dad. My wife and I were talking about whether we want more kids, and I said that if we think we need more we should adopt. She agrees. It's not always about wanting "a kid that bad." Sometimes it's just about wanting another kid and seeing so many miracles readily available.

I have no problem with Gay Couples adopting. Hopefully they get the same scrutiny that any couple trying to adopt gets.

In Florida they do, plus some. It's a hard road all around except for those on the inside of the corrupt DCF. It's really too bad that the social conservative extreme thinks a crack whore who sold her children is a better mother than two gay women.

Please provide evidence to prove your statement contains even a particule of proof, instead of it being just a line of pure fictional bloviation.

In any case, it baffles me as to why they want to adopt a child. If they want a kid that bad, they know how to make one. Why don't they? Are they that sick in the head that they can't copulate like normal people so they can have their own kid? I personally think that's a pathetic cop out and selfish to adopt someone else's kid just because they refuse to procreate by normal means.

WOW!

I've got a few kids myself and I absolutely love being a dad. My wife and I were talking about whether we want more kids, and I said that if we think we need more we should adopt. She agrees. It's not always about wanting "a kid that bad." Sometimes it's just about wanting another kid and seeing so many miracles readily available.

And sometimes it's a selfish cop out because you refuse to have kids by conventional means.

Adoption is a crutch for homos to pretend they're living a normal life.

Last edited:
Wow a Republican who respects equal rights. Very good to see.

Not surprised at the right wing losers who post the prejudiced and bigoted comments though. That's very much expected.

WOW!

And sometimes it's a selfish cop out because you refuse to have kids by conventional means.

You're probably against a woman's right to choose too right?

Another case of love the fetus, hate the baby?

There are kids that need homes and you call it a cop out to adopt. Right wingers are so sick and twisted.

I seriously doubt a loving couple would "indoctrinate" their child or children into anything. We should not treat gay couples as normal but I have no problem allowing them to adopt. We have way to many children that need families.

So long as the couple is vetted properly I have no problem with this.

I seriously doubt a loving couple would "indoctrinate" their child or children into anything. We should not treat gay couples as normal but I have no problem allowing them to adopt. We have way to many children that need families.

We should not treat gay couples as normal?

Such bigotry.

Damn.....

WOW!

There are kids that need homes and you call it a cop out to adopt. Right wingers are so sick and twisted.

That's right sister, I am against the wholesale murder of the unborn. Your blood lust to kill babies is expected though.

Sure there are kids that need a home. A "normal" home, not some hook up by two people suffering from gender identity dysfunction.

WOW!

I am opposed to abortion except for the life of the mother , I am also a rightwinger. By the way, are you aware that there are leftwingers that oppose gay marriage, gay adoption and gay life style? Shall I now paint all the left with that brush?

I do have a problem with it, as I have opined. And as it is, I'm not the only one. Seems the majority does too. But, as usual, all it takes is some liberal activist judge to piss all over the majority and carry out his own agenda.

No need to beat this horse anymore though. The liberal nut bags have already showed up and are throwing around their buzz words like bigot. Funny, they're the fist ones to bitch and cry about an opinion that opposes theirs, yet they have the balls to cry bigot, which is exactly by definition what they are and what they're doing. Morons.

Last edited:

I am opposed to abortion except for the life of the mother , I am also a rightwinger. By the way, are you aware that there are leftwingers that oppose gay marriage, gay adoption and gay life style? Shall I now paint all the left with that brush?

No but I'm sure she can still throw out BIGOT at you. They love that word. Doesn't matter that their hypocrisy is glowing like the noon sun while they're whining about it.

Last edited:

Please provide evidence to prove your statement contains even a particule of proof, instead of it being just a line of pure fictional bloviation.

You need a link to a single mom crack whore? How about you just take a look around?

WOW!

You are barking up the wrong tree here.

Adoption is a crutch for homos to pretend they're living a normal life.

Or those who can't have kids, or those who have had kids but can't anymore, or those who can have kids but choose not to when there are kids who need good parents, or those who have circumstances thrust upon them....

Raising kids is never "pretend."

Forum List

Back