Gov. created jobs website- USAJobs.gov +$20 Million= doesn’t work

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
and this is just for FEDERAL jobs.....unreal. There was no reason to take it from Monster.com, but, hey, the feds insource while smart efficient municipalities and co's outsource *shrugs*

Error: USAJobs.gov
And you thought the stimulus didn't work.

snip-

Americans in search of federal employment can go to a website called USAJobs.gov, which matches openings with applicants. Since 2004, the feds have outsourced the site's operation to Monster.com. Good call by whoever was in charge in 2004. Monster.com is the private company that pioneered employment websites and is today the largest job search engine in the world.

But 18 months ago the "smart" Obama Office of Personnel Management decided the federal government could do a better job of running USAJobs.gov. It spent some $6 million developing a new in-house version of the site, promising to improve the job-search experience. It unveiled its creation two weeks ago. It's a monster all right.

The volume of requests instantly crushed government servers, slowed the system and locked out thousands of applicants. Naturally, the site has a Facebook page. Naturally, the comment queue is boiling over. Examples:

"Why am I having to do the same search 3 times before anything shows up?" "Over one week now and I still haven't received my password reset email!!" "USAJOBS WEB SITE IS A DISASTER!" "I entered Delaware and got Germany jobs and all of the Forest Service."

more-
Review & Outlook: Error: USAJobs.gov - WSJ.com

This will go largely ignored because it's evidence contrary to what liberals believe. They have to ignore evidence to maintain their sanity.

...from those wonderful people that brought you the Immigration & Naturalization Service...

USAJOBS - The Federal Government’s Official Jobs Site

I just tried it. I put in "engineer" and "Chicago" and four jobs came up.

Yeah you are right. Seems to be working fine to me. Looks like they just migrated the site over. Same design and setup as Monster used when they were in control so as long as they are able to maintain the site and servers and the customer service improves it doesn't seem so bad.

The US needs public sector jobs created at the public level. These are the mainstay of the American middle class, it has been shrinking ever since the move to toss off manufacturing and off-ramp it to other countries, then the same move to off-ramp services to other countries, etc.

America gave away a lot of the real jobs. They didn't lose them imo.

Public sector jobs? They won't build America.

Last edited:
Man, when are the JOKES going to stop being played on us.

a Guberment Jobs site. good grief

more WASTE of us taxpayers monies..

USAJOBS - The Federal Government’s Official Jobs Site

I just tried it. I put in "engineer" and "Chicago" and four jobs came up.

so tell me why monster couldn't continue to do it and save the 20 million dollars? :eusa_eh:

Si that Obama could claim some 'jobs' created? :lol:

Stimulating Hypocrisy: 114 Lawmakers Block Recovery While Taking Credit For Its Success

You have to admit, it's pretty hilarious that at least 114 Republicans who voted AGAINST the stimulus applied for and received hundreds of millions of dollars to create thousands of new jobs in their districts. And, they took credit for creating those jobs which wouldn't have been there without Obama's stimulus plan. You can check out the list and do a search on each and every one. No lies here. The only lie is saying no jobs were created when jobs were created for Republicans too.

So it's Republicans who claimed THOSE jobs were created.

That is hilarious, right?

You think it's funny too, don't you?

so tell me why monster couldn't continue to do it and save the 20 million dollars? :eusa_eh:

Si that Obama could claim some 'jobs' created? :lol:

Stimulating Hypocrisy: 114 Lawmakers Block Recovery While Taking Credit For Its Success

You have to admit, it's pretty hilarious that at least 114 Republicans who voted AGAINST the stimulus applied for and received hundreds of millions of dollars to create thousands of new jobs in their districts. And, they took credit for creating those jobs which wouldn't have been there without Obama's stimulus plan. You can check out the list and do a search on each and every one. No lies here. The only lie is saying no jobs were created when jobs were created for Republicans too.

So it's Republicans who claimed THOSE jobs were created.

That is hilarious, right?

You think it's funny too, don't you?

focus-

so tell me why monster couldn't continue to do it and save the 20 million dollars?

Forum List

Back