Gov. Christy Giving Boehner & House Majority Hell

So, Texas will be returning the $54 billion in aid they received from the fed gov't in 2010?

You may presume to speak for the whole of your state but I don't. I do know I got allot of damage from Hurricane Ike and was without power for 16 days, ran 2 generators 24/7 and didn't get a penny from anyone, so no, I will not be returning the money I didn't get.

So, when Harris County, or whatever county you reside in, received aid and used that aid to pay for emergency workers, rebuild damaged infrastructure and other neccesities, you didn't benefit from that aid?

Only infrastructure damaged in my area was electrical and I am paying monthly recovery charges on my bill for that. Not only that the we still get less from uncle sugar than we pay so exactly what are you bitching about. Folks have a responsibility for adequately insuring their property, if they lack that ability they shouldn't live near the shore. Roads and other infrastructure are State responsibilities, and they should have funds set aside for emergencies. You ever heard the old saying, poor planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part? People have to take care of themselves, it's not governments job to be everything to all people.

Chris Christie is an absolute bad ass. It's amazing watching conservatives turn on their own when they finally have someone who can do their job effectively and actually has a set of balls.

Seriously, the brain dead hacks in this thread are just amazing. If he wasn't a bi-partisan who's willing to work with Democrats to get shit for his people done, you'd all be blowing him right now.

luddley dudley is playing the fool from the far left in synch with the fools from the far right.

Not like the lazy, good for nothing Do Nothings. Its not as if they get some things done but not others. They work three days a week and they do NOTHING.

Except play golf, guzzle scotch and put on a suit jacket for the photo ops.

sure only the Democratic Senators are working....now do you see why i said your lips are so far up the Democrats Asses your ears are disappearing?....can you see that?....geezus and you said I kiss Ass?......:lol:

he doesnt think so.....he cant figure out why 8 out of 10 people here treat him like shit.......

Maybe if Christie was teaching his citizens how to be self-reliant, he wouldn't need help from others. Just saying.

Wow, dude, that's harsh.
How do you expect them to be self reliant when they lost everything?

Sometimes people need help. I would classify a hurricane passing through your neighborhood and destroying everything you knew a need for help.

wow dude, maybe Christy should of planned better.
but that could be asking a little much, just like Ray Nagin and Katrina..didn't stop you people from blaming Bush..

Were any governor of any state, of whatever party, to suggest that the state spend the money to plan for an event with as little chance of happening as Sandy, you and the people like you, would be the first to be screaming bloody murder about the waste of money.

Just look at the 'Conservative' stance on global warming. Total denial of reality, and obstruction of any attempts to address the issue, or the consequences of the warming.

Christie and the other Republicans from the affected area are now realizing what the GOP has come to represent. Nothing but a lobby for the very wealthy, and the rest of the citizens can go to hell.

So we're mad at Chris Christie because he treated a black guy who also happened to be the President of the United States like a human being? That explains a lot because a lot of the logic in this thread being used by bitter conservatives is absolutely non-sensical.

Republicans started two illegal wars, they lied about WMDs, and Saddam’s ‘role’ in 9/11; Congress and the people supported the wars based on those lies.

another one of the 10 percenters.....i suppose all those Democrats back in 01 were being coerced into backing Bush with the Afghan invasion?....

On September 11, 2001, George Bush was given a blank check to get the mother fuckers who attacked us. He had unprecedented support both at home and abroad

He took that support and used it to trump up reasons to attack Iraq. In doing so, he abandoned his war on terror for an ill-advised attack which he blundered
once again RW.......I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT FUCKING IRAQ......dont go past the first 2 days in Afghanistan.....ok?....

now what you said right here........

On September 11, 2001, George Bush was given a blank check to get the mother fuckers who attacked us. He had unprecedented support both at home and abroad

now was going into Afghanistan to get the motherfuckers who attacked us Illegal or not?.....Jones said it was.....take it from my last post.....

And then, next administration, refuses to raise the debt ceiling to pay for their charge account.

Yep, that's the R.
are you talking about Obama?.....

You have no way of knowing this but President Obama does not agree that we should renege on our debts. He does not agree with the pubpots that we should just yell "Charge it" and then refuse to pay for the bills they already passed.

Not surprising that you're another rw who doesn't know what the debt ceiling is.
im a "RW?".....:lol:....ok if you say so....i have provably been negged by almost as many of them as you have Dudley,well maybe not as many as you.........get a grip dudley......i have defended Unions and "gasp" belong to one ......and Health care for those who need it............ i dont care if Bill and Bob get married.....i am a govt. Worker or should i say "Leach".....and have been called that......if i was a Republican i would called a rino......you dont pay attention to much to what is posted around here do ya Dudley?.....just because i dont care for Far Lefties like you and your dishonest bullshit and say so.....does not make me a ...."rw".....actually to assholes like you ANYONE to your right or who does not agree with you is a "rw".....so maybe you are right.....

Nothing harsh about it.

There was a time in this nation that had the Federal government suggested sending disaster aid, the people the aid was meant for would tell them to "go to hell" because they can handle it themselves.

People are suffering because they have been conditioned to think that they can't do anything in their lives without the government acting. The government shouldnt have to help. There have been tons of charities and individuals out helping them get back on their feet.

I've got no issue with sending aid, but that shouldn't stop them from already acting. It takes work. But there is nothing wrong with that. Why should we allow the politicians in washington to rob us further while they pretend to aid Sandy victims?

Let's end the corruption. Let's stop telling people the lie that the government is going to help them. The government doesn't give a damn about people. People are responsibile for themselves and each other.

Christie needs to learn to manage his resources better.

The problem with that line of thinking is that the workforce of today is vastly different from the workforce of, say, 60 years ago. Most jobs back then were blue-collar - mining, manufacturing, and the like. People were used to working with their hands. They may have not been the smartest, but they were strong, and fit, able to do all sorts of manual labor because that's how they worked in their job. If Hurricane Sandy happened in the 50s, there'd still be the request of government assistance, but people would already be working on fixing their homes and the like.

Contrast the 21st Century: in this era, most jobs are white-collar service industries. Most people in the country are not laborers; the most heavy lifting they might do is pick up a 50 pound bag of dog food. People here aren't used to that kind of work. That's not a strike against them; rather, it's a sign of changing times. Why work 40 hours a week making and cutting carpet in a hot factory when you can spend 40 hours a week sending emails for your boss in an air-conditioned room with a comfy chair?

You're speaking of simpler times, Avatar, and when we're old and gray, our grandchildren will marvel at our "simpler times".

I'm worndering if the message is getting out there. Christie isn't the first to lament the dysfunction within his party. But he is very well respected - even often mentioned as possible presidential timber - so I'm wondering if this opens some new eyes?

The GOP better hope so. I for one am not looking forward to the Democrats holding the House, the Senate, and the White House. But unless the GOP gets its act together, I'm afraid that's what we are going to see.

I agree. It's not much of a two-party system if one party controls everything.
That said, I don't think Christie has the chutzpah to be a President. He cares about only one thing - his state - and while that's noble and all, I don't think it'd translate well into the national scene.

...I"m not a liberal.

Yes you are.

Criticizing GOP = "liberal"

And criticizing the Dems = "conservative". I hate being put into a partisan place D: .

You would think the Obama Administration would have done something for them by now... George Bush on the other hand was getting beaten up nearly every single day over his Administrations response to Katrina. Oh, the hypocrisy.

I think Obama himself wants to do something about NJ. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here.

He threw away his career just to do his job.

Find another Republican who would do that.

These days, you would do well just to find a Republican that actually does his job.

Or a Democrat :p

Chris Christie is an absolute bad ass. It's amazing watching conservatives turn on their own when they finally have someone who can do their job effectively and actually has a set of balls.

Seriously, the brain dead hacks in this thread are just amazing. If he wasn't a bi-partisan who's willing to work with Democrats to get shit for his people done, you'd all be blowing him right now.

Actually if the fat man was truly a conservative he would understand why the republicans did not vote on the pork laden bill.

The original was for something like 30 billion in aid until the 2 Jersey senators packed it with another 30 billion in pork.

150 million for Alaskan fisheries
2 million to fix the roof at the Smithsonian
336 million for Amtrak
8 million to buy new cars for federal agencies
4 million for repairs at the Kennedy Space Center

No true conservative would vote for this disgusting ploy by the Jersey senators.

another one of the 10 percenters.....i suppose all those Democrats back in 01 were being coerced into backing Bush with the Afghan invasion?....

He took that support and used it to trump up reasons to attack Iraq. In doing so, he abandoned his war on terror for an ill-advised attack which he blundered
once again RW.......I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT FUCKING IRAQ......dont go past the first 2 days in Afghanistan.....ok?....

now what you said right here........

now was going into Afghanistan to get the motherfuckers who attacked us Illegal or not?.....Jones said it was.....take it from my last post.....

I've already said I didn't see anything illegal (Post 181)

I refuse to separate the two wars. They are joined at the hip. Both were done under the broad "war on terror".
As a single act, the War in Afghanistan may have been justified. However, once Bush put Afghanistan on the back burner for a foolhardy invasion of Iraq he. THE DECIDER, linked the two events

Can you separate the War in the Pacific from the War in Europe during WWII?

Last edited:
Last night, the House majority failed most basic test of leadership and they did so with callous disregard to the people of my state. ... It was disappointing and disgusting to watch." He also unapologetically named names: "There's only one group to blame ... the House majority, and their Speaker, John Boehner." He added that the relief bill "just could not overcome the toxic internal politics of the House majority."

But Christie also took the high road in terms of decrying the overall atmosphere of hyperpartisanship in D.C., arguing correctly that "Americans are tired of the palace intrigue and political partisanship of this Congress ... this used to be something that was not political. Disaster relief was something that you didn't play games with."

Damn......the guy is good

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/02/opinion/avlon-christie-sandy-aid/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Last edited:
Christy and Ray Nagin, two peas in a pod

It's not MY fault and where is the money

"The pork-barrel feast includes more than $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments. It also includes a whopping $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska and $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC.

An eye-popping $13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms.

Other big-ticket items in the bill include $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center; $41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida; $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center and $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.

Budget watchdogs have dubbed the 94-page emergency-spending bill “Sandy Scam.”

More:

$58.8 million for forest restoration on private land.
$197 million “to… protect coastal ecosystems and habitat impacted by Hurricane Sandy.”
$10.78 billion for public transportation, most of which is allocated to future construction and improvements, not disaster relief.
$17 billion for wasteful Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), a program that has become notorious for its use as a backdoor earmark program."

The Pork Filled and Expensive Non-Relief Sandy Relief Bill - Katie Pavlich

The Bill should die a horrible death

Christie prosecuted the case by pointing out that hurricane relief had been provided more quickly to others: For victims of Katrina after 10 days and victims of Hurricane Andrew in Florida after 30 days. But residents of the New Jersey and New York coast have been waiting 65 days to date for some relief.

Christie also accurately pointed out that Northeast states such as New Jersey and New York send more to the federal government in taxes than they get back in federal aid, unlike many of the red states represented by conservatives in Congress. The "makers versus takers" narratives fall apart fast when confronted with reality.

Christie buries Boehner

After killing aid to disaster victims, Boehner did not even have the balls to return Christies calls

Christie prosecuted the case by pointing out that hurricane relief had been provided more quickly to others: For victims of Katrina after 10 days and victims of Hurricane Andrew in Florida after 30 days. But residents of the New Jersey and New York coast have been waiting 65 days to date for some relief.

Christie also accurately pointed out that Northeast states such as New Jersey and New York send more to the federal government in taxes than they get back in federal aid, unlike many of the red states represented by conservatives in Congress. The "makers versus takers" narratives fall apart fast when confronted with reality.

Christie buries Boehner

After killing aid to disaster victims, Boehner did not even have the balls to return Christies calls

christie said in his speech that he spoke with him the next morning.

Christie buries Boehner

No idiot... The people who killed it were the people who tried to sneak through special interest spending which had absolutely nothing to do with helping victims of hurricane Sandy.

Forum List

Back