Gov. Christie to his constituents - Mind Your Own Business!

Is Christie for or against vouchers ?

Obama and most democrats are against them, so who are the real hypocrites again? ......

Vouchers are taxpayer subsidies that go to parents who want to put their kids in private schools.

Why should I have to pay for that?

Why should I have to pay for your kid to go to public school?

Since I don't have kids and still pay school taxes, you're asking the wrong person.

Obama and most democrats are against them, so who are the real hypocrites again? ......

Vouchers are taxpayer subsidies that go to parents who want to put their kids in private schools.

Question...DO you think it proper for tax dollars to follow a child if the child attends a Charter School?

Implicit in your question is the false premise that a voucher is a transfer of funds out of the school tax pool into a voucher.

It's not. A voucher is a tax funded payment to parents above and beyond the collected school tax revenue.

Actually, a proper voucher program is one that takes taxes that YOU paid specifically for putting children in school and redirects it to a school that YOU choose rather than dumping it into a failing school you do not plan on using. But choice is anti-liberal so I guess they are baaaaad

Where is a voucher program like that occurring in real life?

btw, school taxes aren't a user fee, they're a tax. People with no kids pay school taxes.

Question...DO you think it proper for tax dollars to follow a child if the child attends a Charter School?

Not a relevant comparison.

You parents out there who are getting $1000 per child tax credit right off the top of your taxes every year -

how about you consider that your voucher?

Why wasn't where Obama sent his kids nobody's business?
Why aren't gubmint schools good enough for their biggest political pimps?

Ever see a D.C. public school? I have. Many of them. They're about 10 notches down from a ghetto. D.C. - our nation's capital - should be the shining star example of model public schools. They are indeed some of the worse in the country.

Wish it were that simple..

Private schools will draw off the low maintenance students who do not require extra instruction, are not behavior problems and are not handicapped. This leaves the taxpayers to pay extra to educate the children turned away by private schools

But it does meet the conservative agenda of creating a two tier education system for the haves and the have nots

Can you cite proof of this alleged two tier education system that conservatives are plotting? I have known plenty of conservatives and strangely I have never heard a single one of them speak of this conspiracy.

If we want to detract from the real issues and play the Straw Man game, I'm happy to oblige. I can just as easily say that the left supports the status quo of failing public education because they want to dumb everybody down so that they'll be more dependent on the government for their livelihood and hence elect more Democratic politicians.

Sound accurate to you or is it just as absurd as what you said?

Private schools will draw off the low maintenance students who do not require extra instruction, are not behavior problems and are not handicapped. This leaves the taxpayers to pay extra to educate the children turned away by private schools

But it does meet the conservative agenda of creating a two tier education system for the haves and the have nots

Can you cite proof of this alleged two tier education system that conservatives are plotting? I have known plenty of conservatives and strangely I have never heard a single one of them speak of this conspiracy.

If we want to detract from the real issues and play the Straw Man game, I'm happy to oblige. I can just as easily say that the left supports the status quo of failing public education because they want to dumb everybody down so that they'll be more dependent on the government for their livelihood and hence elect more Democratic politicians.

Good call.

Why should I have to pay for your kid to go to public school?

Because somebody paid for you to go to school

Very poor answer, but also very typical of you lately.

However it is the correct answer. Our educational system is not pay as you go. Society pays to educate it's members and benefits from an educated workforce. When you and I went to school, our parents did not pay for our education......the community did

When we become taxpaying adults, the obligation to educate others passes on to us whether we have kids or not

Because somebody paid for you to go to school

However it is the correct answer. Our educational system is not pay as you go. Society pays to educate it's members and benefits from an educated workforce. When you and I went to school, our parents did not pay for our education......the community did

When we become taxpaying adults, the obligation to educate others passes on to us whether we have kids or not
So the Techer's unions can grab more of it...right? Per-capita? WE spend more per student than anywhere in the world, and have a high failure rate to show for it.

Care to explain? And WHY would anyone want to pay for continued failure?

You have NO explination for it, do you? Of course you don't. Only excuses.

Repeat after me: The DOE MUST BE OBLITERATED. Control must be given back to the States...

Having observed Christie for seven years that is his Achilles heel. He does not take criticism very well and goes into attack dog mode when challenged

He pulled it off as federal prosecutor, but will not bode well for a Presidential candidate

Can you imagine the outrage from the Conservative Greek Chorus had any left wing politician responded in this manner.

Plotting?

It's not a "plot", it's policy. If you go to school in a wealthy neighborhoods the schools are far superior then ones in a poor neighborhood.

In each and every way.

Last edited:

Yours sounds totally absurd.

Actually, a proper voucher program is one that takes taxes that YOU paid specifically for putting children in school and redirects it to a school that YOU choose rather than dumping it into a failing school you do not plan on using. But choice is anti-liberal so I guess they are baaaaad

Do I get a choice of my police or fire protection? If I don't like the police in my area, why can't I get a voucher to hire private police? All school vouchers do is take money from the public system and result in higher taxes.
Straw man. They are not comparable.
My taxes pay for county golf courses. I don't like to play on public courses because private courses are better and I don't have to play with the riff-raff. Given my dissatisfaction with the public golf courses, I should be able to get a $20 voucher that I can take to any course I please
No, government should simply get out of businesses like that and allow the private sector to take care of that. That way ZERO tax dollars are spent this way. Why should government run golf courses?

Plotting?

It's not a "plot", it's policy. If you go to school in a wealthy neighborhoods the schools are far superior then ones in a poor neighborhood.

In each and every way.
And that is an example of the current system, the one that YOU and democrats are pushing to keep. A voucher system on the other hand would help alleviate this problem. Particularly a system that would allow you to transfer your children to any public school and not just transfer to private enterprises.

So the Techer's unions can grab more of it...right? Per-capita? WE spend more per student than anywhere in the world, and have a high failure rate to show for it.

Care to explain? And WHY would anyone want to pay for continued failure?

You have NO explination for it, do you? Of course you don't. Only excuses.

Repeat after me: The DOE MUST BE OBLITERATED. Control must be given back to the States...

WTF does that have to do with what I posted?

Having observed Christie for seven years that is his Achilles heel. He does not take criticism very well and goes into attack dog mode when challenged

He pulled it off as federal prosecutor, but will not bode well for a Presidential candidate

Can you imagine the outrage from the Conservative Greek Chorus had any left wing politician responded in this manner.

It is typical from Christie though. He did the same thing as prosecutor. He holds nothing back in criticizing others but considers himself off limits

Forum List

Back