Gov Christie to Firefighter Lavin, “Go f--- yourself.”

Governor Christie has got GUTS!
How can someone with such a fat GUT be too GUTLESS to insult the firefighter to his face???

5458416370_e6b6a4b561_z.jpg

Nothing uncivil about that! :cuckoo: The CON$ will cheer it! To them it would only be uncivil to call him Governor Fat Ass.

The Gov's mean streak creates enemies | NJ.com

Bill Lavin, a firefighter in Elizabeth for 23 years, was on a radio talk show last year when he criticized Gov. Chris Christie’s plan to cut pension and health benefits. He’s the union president, so that’s part of his job.

Soon after, he says, he got a call from Bill Baroni, a confidante of the governor’s and deputy executive director at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

The governor was displeased. According to Lavin, Baroni gave him a message from Christie, and said he was told by the governor to use these exact words: “Go f--- yourself.”

The story, which is not disputed by the governor or Baroni, is a revealing one. It shows why it is so hard to stand with Christie in his fight with the unions.

He is right, without doubt, that we need to trim pension and health benefits. But he takes every opportunity to kick sand in their faces while he’s doing it. He is a wedge politician who relies on pressure rather than persuasion, and whose constant tactic is to demonize his opponents.

Building consensus, even being polite, is just not how this man rolls.
As we move to cut benefits for cops and firefighters, as well as teachers and social workers, it should be done with regret, not with relish.

Firefighters charge into burning buildings. Cops hear a gunshot and they run toward it, not away from it. But they get no gratitude from this governor.
When they rallied in Trenton last week, the governor dismissed them as “me first” demonstrators guided by greed.

Fire Fighters do a dangerous job.

Governors do an important job

But, there is such a thing as being exorbitantly overpaid.

But, there is such a thing as being exorbitantly overpaid.

America needs more Gov Christies.

America needs leaders who don't cost us so much.

I say we outsource their jobs to the third world where we can hire managment that's LOT less expensive.

I'll bet I could find somebody as good as Christie in India for $12,000 a year.

Hell I could find 10,000 people as good as her for that kind of dough.

We are all REPLACEABLE with cheaper workers, folks.

ALL of us.

As a former cop, my take on this is the following:

Yes, cops and firemen are extremely courageous, and do a job that simply would not be logical or legal to do through the private sector. Military, police, fire are a few of the jobs that the gov't SHOULD do.

That said.....cops in Mississippi, or South Carolina, or Tennessee......are no less brave than cops in Jersey. Or firemen.

But the cops in Jersey get paid 2 or 3 times more than the cops in the South. Southern states aren't having to chop salary and pension for cops and firemen, becuase they compensate them within budget. In fact many cities in the South are giving raises to cops and firemen this year.

So.....when a state like Jersey can no longer afford it, and it's proven that you can get the same quality and courageous service for less, why keep paying it?

I was never one for large pay for cops. I didn't want my backup to be an officer who took the job for the money, I wanted it to be a guy who took the job despite the pay. And, if we had all been handsomely paid, eventually, there would have to be layoffs. With moderate pay, me and my fellow officer's jobs were safe. Thats how it should be.

But starting pay for a cop being over $80,000 a year or more like it is in some places up North is just not realistic.

Forum List

Back