Gov. Brown on YOUTUBE

I don't know enough about the situation, but am I to understand that because he doesn't have the votes as laid out by the democratic process, he wants to have the people vote to tax those wealthier than them?

• Banned
I don't know enough about the situation, but am I to understand that because he doesn't have the votes as laid out by the democratic process, he wants to have the people vote to tax those wealthier than them?

The legislature (Senate and Assembly) must approve of a special election, in this case a referandum on taxes. Some members of the assembly are not inclined to allow the people to vote. The Gov. is appealing to the voters to persuade their representatives to allow the peoples voice to be heard.

The legislature (Senate and Assembly) must approve of a special election, in this case a referandum on taxes. Some members of the assembly are not inclined to allow the people to vote. The Gov. is appealing to the voters to persuade their representatives to allow the peoples voice to be heard.

He has balls. Last time they asked Californians if they wanted a tax hike they voted a resounding no.

• Banned

He has balls. Last time they asked Californians if they wanted a tax hike they voted a resounding no.

He's asking for an extension of current taxes set to expire. Failing that thousands of employed will lose their jobs, and that includes government employees and private sector empllyees.

• Banned
Wonder if he should instead be asking the Public Sector Unions to renegotiate thier plush contracts??

Yep. That too, we wouldn't want the scapegoats to escape, would we. Since they will be giving up their benefits, what do you suppose the top 2% of wage earners will sacrifice?

Wonder if he should instead be asking the Public Sector Unions to renegotiate thier plush contracts??

Yep. That too, we wouldn't want the scapegoats to escape, would we. Since they will be giving up their benefits, what do you suppose the top 2% of wage earners will sacrifice?

Scapegoats??

Nope. JUst recipients of some sweetheart pension deals courtesy of the politician at the time. All payed for by the taxpayers of CA. I'm pretty sure that if these taxpayers had been made aware of what they would be shelling out to fund these sweetheart deals there would have been props all over the place.

As for that top 2%?? Wonder how much more in taxes the citizen of CA would be paying if there were no Top 2%.

I would venture to say that the top 2% pay a pretty hefty sum to live in CA.

HMMM.... Two Democratic Governors acting like Fiscal Conservatives..... Why? Brown and Cuomo. The Model isn't working. Somebody has to play the role of the Grown Up. It is not prudent to spend beyond your means, nor to pay out more than what the value is for what is gained in return.

Gov. Cuomo threatening government shutdown over budget - NYPOST.com

Scapegoats??

Nope. JUst recipients of some sweetheart pension deals courtesy of the politician at the time. All payed for by the taxpayers of CA. I'm pretty sure that if these taxpayers had been made aware of what they would be shelling out to fund these sweetheart deals there would have been props all over the place.

As for that top 2%?? Wonder how much more in taxes the citizen of CA would be paying if there were no Top 2%.

I would venture to say that the top 2% pay a pretty hefty sum to live in CA.

The post you referenced was based on national facts. The 2% got their tax breaks even thought the GOP whine about the deficit, yet are willing to cut the salary, benefits and even jobs of working Americans.

Just what are the tax rates in California? I'm sure they are already pretty high, they were when I left.

Which tax rates? Income, sales, property?

I was talking about income tax.....sales and property taxes are pretty high in Ca.

Sales tax varies by county, we pay 8 and 1/2%; property tax too varies by county, different bond issues, special districts, etc.; however, property tax is way low do to prop 13 compared to other states. State income tax doesn't bother me, it pays for services I can see. Federal income tax gives my dollars to red states, we get less back than we give and that pisses me off. If also pays for stupid wars and congressmen and women to take fact finding trips while earning big bucks working (maybe) 26 weeks a year.

Which tax rates? Income, sales, property?

I was talking about income tax.....sales and property taxes are pretty high in Ca.

Sales tax varies by county, we pay 8 and 1/2%; property tax too varies by county, different bond issues, special districts, etc.; however, property tax is way low do to prop 13 compared to other states. State income tax doesn't bother me, it pays for services I can see. Federal income tax gives my dollars to red states, we get less back than we give and that pisses me off. If also pays for stupid wars and congressmen and women to take fact finding trips while earning big bucks working (maybe) 26 weeks a year.

Just wanted to know the tax rate, Wry. I already knew your feelings on everything else.

Looks like the Republicans do not want to let the voters decided. Likely because the Republican Party was shut out of all State Offices by the voters in November.

Gov. Brown makes YouTube appeal for budget plan - San Jose Mercury News (see link in the OP for Browns appeal).

Forum List

Back