Gov. Brewer Vetoes Birther Bill, Guns on Campus

Feb 2, 2011
:lol::lol::lol: AZ Gov, Jan Brewer just vetoed the so-called 'birther bill' and another bill which would have allowed guns on college campuses. What will the birfers hang their hopes on now?

Gov. Brewer Vetoes Birther Bill, Guns on Campus

PHOENIX - Arizona Governor Jan Brewer has vetoed two controversial bills passed by both the Arizona Senate and House -- the guns on campus bill and the 'birther' bill.

Guns on Campus Bill

- Would've allowed guns to be carried on public rights of way at public university and community college campuses
- Applies only to rights of way -- not inside classrooms
- University presidents opposed the bill

'Birther' Bill

- Would've required President Barack Obama and other presidential candidates to prove they are U.S. citizens before their names can appear on the state's ballot
- Arizona would've become the first state to require such proof

"I never imagined being presented with a bill that could require candidates for president of the greatest and most powerful nation on earth to submit their 'early baptismal or circumcision certificates'," said Brewer in light of vetoing the bill, according to My Fox Phoenix. "This measure creates significant new problems while failing to do anything constructive for Arizona."
Jan Brewer Vetoes Presidential Birther Bill

I bet you lefties will love Brewer now.

:lol:

Naw.

She created a death panel of one and killed two people.

That's something only a rightie can love.:doubt:

Boy did she unsign that part quietly. If she is so principipled, why did she change her mind after killing two people here?

Love this great great american. She has created so many jobs ..... uh...hmmm

She literally killed two people with her dumb damn policy. What else does she have to do here?

We are in sad sad shape here in arizona. Sad. But this is how she spends her time and money. This creates jobs, how?

Actually, she saved the state money in having to defend this piece of shit bill in federal court, where it would have undoubtedly been struck down.

As far as time, how long does it take to refuse to sign a bill?

"I never imagined being presented with a bill that could require candidates for president of the greatest and most powerful nation on earth to submit their 'early baptismal or circumcision certificates'," said Brewer in light of vetoing the bill, according to My Fox Phoenix. "This measure creates significant new problems while failing to do anything constructive for Arizona."

So we should thank her? This state...arizona...is the laughing stock of the damn country. It really is. :cuckoo:

We are in sad sad shape here in arizona. Sad. But this is how she spends her time and money. This creates jobs, how?

well, you'll have a chance to vote her out when the time comes. she vetoed the bills yet you all still gripe.

Yes she did. I give her that. Do you want a list of the crazy things she did sign?

Its going to take a lot before anyone who is sane will support her, but she did veto this dumb thing.

So we should thank her? This state...arizona...is the laughing stock of the damn country. It really is. :cuckoo:

well, you can always MOVE.

Forum List

Back