Gov. Brewer: "I misspoke"

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
God, this woman is such a joke.

Ariz. Gov. Says She 'Misspoke' On Beheadings - Politics News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

PHOENIX -- Gov. Jan Brewer rose to national fame defending the state's immigration law and warning of rising violence along the U.S.-Mexico border, including a claim that headless bodies were turning up in the Arizona desert.
But the claim has come back to haunt her after her stammering debate performance in which she failed to back it up and ignored repeated questions on the issue from a scrum of reporters.
Brewer has spent the time since backtracking and trying to repair the damage done from her cringe-worthy debate against underdog challenger Terry Goddard.
"That was an error, if I said that," the Republican told The Associated Press on Friday. "I misspoke, but you know, let me be clear, I am concerned about the border region because it continues to be reported in Mexico that there's a lot of violence going on and we don't want that going into Arizona."

".....misspoke?"

.........BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!

49izadw.gif

Joke is not the word.

GD liar!!!

*wipes tears from my good eye*

Yeah Misspoke. you know that thing you all say the Obama did when he said, 57 states.

gawd you people are a JOKE.

Those wacky fear mongering righties! Oh Lord, how can they sell fear and mistrust and hate without a little mis-speaking from time to time?

Jan, Sarah, Rush and Glenn seem to open their mouths only to change feet.

God, this woman is such a joke.

Ariz. Gov. Says She 'Misspoke' On Beheadings - Politics News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

PHOENIX -- Gov. Jan Brewer rose to national fame defending the state's immigration law and warning of rising violence along the U.S.-Mexico border, including a claim that headless bodies were turning up in the Arizona desert.
But the claim has come back to haunt her after her stammering debate performance in which she failed to back it up and ignored repeated questions on the issue from a scrum of reporters.
Brewer has spent the time since backtracking and trying to repair the damage done from her cringe-worthy debate against underdog challenger Terry Goddard.
"That was an error, if I said that," the Republican told The Associated Press on Friday. "I misspoke, but you know, let me be clear, I am concerned about the border region because it continues to be reported in Mexico that there's a lot of violence going on and we don't want that going into Arizona."

anybody with a pea sized brain knew when she said it she was talking about the beheadings in Mexico. It's just librturds that have to have these things explained to them so their gin soaked minds can comprehend.

“In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.”
–Barack Obama, 2007 campaign speech on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people.

"What I was suggesting — you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith…”- Barack Obama interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, who corrected him: “Christian faith.”

“The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system.” –Barack Obama, health care roundtable, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

“The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.”
–Barack Obama, Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"It's like — it was like Special Olympics, or something." — Barack Obama, responding to a question from Jay Leno on NBC's Tonight Show about his shoddy bowling game.

"Chuck, stand up, let the people see you," - Joe Biden to a man in a wheelchair

"This is a big fucking deal" - Joe Biden in front of the entire nation on a live broadcast.

"If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong." -Biden

Shall we continue???

Last edited:
“In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.”

"What I was suggesting — you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith…”- Barack Obama interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, who corrected him: “Christian faith.”

“The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system.” –Barack Obama, health care roundtable, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

“The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.”

"It's like — it was like Special Olympics, or something." — Barack Obama, responding to a question from Jay Leno on NBC's Tonight Show about his shoddy bowling game.

"This is a big fucking deal" - Joe Biden in front of the entire nation on a live broadcast.

"If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong." -Biden

Shall we continue???

I missed that one. What an idiot.

Shall we continue???

Um no it just shows he is human. When ever you speak in public a lot you are bound to make a few misstatements.

The funny thing is how Liberals always dismiss it when a liberal does it, and jump all over an obvious mistake and call it a lie when a Conservative does it.

Anyone who watched it knew she was referring to the ones on Mexico and just misspoke. Only a partisan hack would believe she was actually was trying to lie and convince people the bodies were turning up in the US.

Shall we continue???

Um no it just shows he is human. When ever you speak in public a lot you are bound to make a few misstatements.

The funny thing is how Liberals always dismiss it when a liberal does it, and jump all over an obvious mistake and call it a lie when a Conservative does it.

Anyone who watched it knew she was referring to the ones on Mexico and just misspoke. Only a partisan hack would believe she was actually was trying to lie and convince people the bodies were turning up in the US.

Lemme straighten you out here Charles,.....When a liberal makes a speaking error like this one - they "misspoke". When a conservative does it, they are " God Damned LIARS!!"

I hope that clears up any confusion you may of had on the matter. Here is an easy way to remember..... Conservatives - bad. Liberals - Good.
Got it? :clap2:

Lemme straighten you out here Charles,.....When a liberal makes a speaking error like this one - they "misspoke". When a conservative does it, they are " God Damned LIARS!!"

I hope that clears up any confusion you may of had on the matter. Here is an easy way to remember..... Conservatives - bad. Liberals - Good.
Got it? :clap2:

You are preaching to the choir my friend.

She repeated it at least TWICE...on PUBLIC television you dumb sack of turd dropping HACKS!!

"I misspoke"....and these lap dogs just lick it up like the saps and guttersnipe they are.

The RepubliCON$ are really TOAST!!!

49izadw.gif

anybody with a pea sized brain knew when she said it she was talking about the beheadings in Mexico. It's just librturds that have to have these things explained to them so their gin soaked minds can comprehend.

Hows that pea-sized brain of yours holding up?

Brewer apparently first referred to beheadings during a June 16 interview with Fox News, talking about "the kidnappings and the extortion and the beheadings and the fact that people can't feel safe in their community" in discussing controversy surrounding the immigration law.

She went further in a June 27 interview on Phoenix television station KPNX when asked about the earlier beheadings claim.

"Oh, our law enforcement agencies have found bodies in the desert, either buried or just lying out there, that have been beheaded," Brewer said.

http://www.news4jax.com/politics/24873998/detail.html

Last edited:
She was given every chance to correct the record during and after the debate. Here's what she did instead:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1xV7nTSqww]YouTube - Jan Brewer, caught in 'immigrant beheadings' lie, runs from the press -- thumpandwhip.com[/ame]

Forum List

Back