Gov. Blanco, Partisan Politics, and Greed

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
I read this in an AP article on YAHOO, and it makes me very suspicious. Can anyone give me one good reason other than partisan politcs why this (Democrat) Governor is doing this?

"Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco has refused to sign over National Guard control to the federal government and has turned to a Clinton administration official, former Federal Emergency Management Agency chief James Lee Witt, to help run relief efforts."

Are we so insane now that partisan politics trumps even the need to help people during a tragedy?

And then there is this joyful little tidbit:

"Many residents were happy that the storm spared their homes, but angry that the failure of the levee system left them swamped. Some were considering a lawsuit against the federal government for having a levee that could survive no more than a Category 3 hurricane."

Full article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050905/ap_on_re_us/hurricane_katrina

Abbey Normal said:
I read this in an AP article on YAHOO, and it makes me very suspicious. Can anyone give me one good reason other than partisan politcs why this (Democrat) Governor is doing this?

"Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco has refused to sign over National Guard control to the federal government and has turned to a Clinton administration official, former Federal Emergency Management Agency chief James Lee Witt, to help run relief efforts."

Are we so insane now that partisan politics trumps even the need to help people during a tragedy?

And then there is this little joyful tidbit:

"Many residents were happy that the storm spared their homes, but angry that the failure of the levee system left them swamped. Some were considering a lawsuit against the federal government for having a levee that could survive no more than a Category 3 hurricane."

Full article:

My guess is that the dems are going to move away from her as fast as they would an immediate invitation to the Superdome.

Abbey Normal said:

Full article:

In making the announcement today on behalf of teaming partners Dewberry, URS Corporation and James Lee Witt Associates, IEM Director of Homeland Security Wayne Thomas explained that the development of a base catastrophic hurricane disaster plan has urgency due to the recent start of the annual hurricane season which runs through November.

wait a sec----James lee Witt left FEMA under Clinton and teamed up wtih IEM to come up with a New Orleans evacuation plan earlier this year ? Now Blanco wants him to continue the job? This is bizarre.

Abbey Normal said:

Full article:

Is this some crap, or what? If there's a silver lining in this cloud, it's how oncompetent the Dem government in LA and NO have proven themselves to be.

Forum List

Back