Gotta love Alabama

Since it was about an election for ag commissioner and the guy was a farmer, I kind of found it as humorous. I don't know, maybe it was growing up on a farm.

I like the overall message of the ad, which is "vote for the guy who is going to protect the small farmer" even though I suspect it's bullshit. Ag is all corporations now and a single agricultural commissioner in Alabama isn't going to change that.

BTW, since all politics is local, I suspect we are missing some nuance here about the signs. I'd imagine there was an issue with signs being stolen and allegations that candidate X has people out stealing candidate Y's signs. That happens in almost every local election.

A funny story on that, my dad was a state representative for eight years. During one of his races, his signs kept getting stolen. This was in the mid-80s when signs were still wooden and hand painted. He was sure it was his opponent, but since he couldn't prove it just went about his business.

Then one day he was out campaigning in the boondocks and found all his signs. Some guy who was basically living in a shack in the wood had used them to patch his roof, his shack, and virtually everything else on his ramshackle lot.

Life is funny like that.

Last edited:
You don't know me.

My apologies Just going on past dealings with anyone that uses the word CON in a comment.

Are you assuming that by "con" I meant "racist"?

Interesting jump, there.

It's this new con tactic. They accuse us of calling them racists for disagreeing with the President on policy issues even when we haven't.

It's lame, but there you have it.

I've seldom seen anyone call a poster on here a racist for their views on Obama unless they use a term like "Brown Clown" in their statements.

You don't know me.

My apologies Just going on past dealings with anyone that uses the word CON in a comment.

Are you assuming that by "con" I meant "racist"?

Interesting jump, there.

No I wasn't assuming that. I was on the other hand telling you that from my past exprince dealing with people who use the word con they always used the race card as their backup no matter if the comment had anything to do with racism or not.

You don't know me.

The only time that I call people racist are to describe those people who consider another race as less than their own.

Then you are one in a million. The race card is not a very effective tool anymore though, but in 2009 it was used on a regular basis against anyone who spoke out against obama.

Since it was about an election for ag commissioner and the guy was a farmer, I kind of found it as humorous. I don't know, maybe it was growing up on a farm.

I like the overall message of the ad, which is "vote for the guy who is going to protect the small farmer" even though I suspect it's bullshit. Ag is all corporations now and a single agricultural commissioner in Alabama isn't going to change that.

BTW, since all politics is local, I suspect we are missing some nuance here about the signs. I'd imagine there was an issue with signs being stolen and allegations that candidate X has people out stealing candidate Y's signs. That happens in almost every local election.

A funny story on that, my dad was a state representative for eight years. During one of his races, his signs kept getting stolen. This was in the mid-80s when signs were still wooden and hand painted. He was sure it was his opponent, but since he couldn't prove it just went about his business.

Then one day he was out campaigning in the boondocks and found all his signs. Some guy who was basically living in a shack in the wood had used them to patch his roof, his shack, and virtually everything else on his ramshackle lot.

Life is funny like that.

For once in my short time here we agree.:clap2:

Life is funny like that.

Good ol' boys are generally alright by me.

Life is funny like that.

Good ol' boys are generally alright by me.

agreed I come from a long line of good ol' boys.

Life is funny like that.
A friend of mine ran for local office a few years ago found his signs being stolen as well. Turns out they were being taken by the local University students to put up in their dorm rooms. Why would they want a political sign in their dorm room? Because it said this:

"Vote For FUNK!" :lol:

Life is funny like that.
A friend of mine ran for local office a few years ago found his signs being stolen as well. Turns out they were being taken by the local University students to put up in their dorm rooms. Why would they want a political sign in their dorm room? Because it said this:

"Vote For FUNK!" :lol:

I think I know who you are talking about. Did he win and was it for Mayor?

Forum List

Back