Gotta have a month for everything

DamnYankee

No Neg Policy
Apr 2, 2009
Obama declares June 'LGBT Pride Month'
Jody Brown and Allie Martin - OneNewsNow - 6/2/2009 7:20:00

In a presidential proclamation on the White House website, Barack Obama has lauded what he calls "the determination and dedication" of the LGBT movement by proclaiming June as "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month."

"The LGBT rights movement has achieved great progress," Obama states in the official proclamation, "but there is more to be done. LGBT youth should feel safe to learn without the fear of harassment, and LGBT families and seniors should be allowed to live their lives with dignity and respect."

The proclamation, released on Monday, credits the LGBT movement with being a factor in more Americans who ascribe to those groups "living their lives openly today than ever before."

Obama declares June 'LGBT Pride Month' (OneNewsNow.com)

great now I have to share my birthday month with a bunch of LGTVs

I mean LGBT

I want a flat screen for my B day so pardon the Freudian slip

The whole "everybody needs to feel special" mantra

what horseshit

What next?? November is National NAMBLA month?? (watch agna's ears perk up)... June is now polygamy month?? October is now left leaning penis and floppy titty month???

Ha ha ha! In your face religious conservatives!!!

Oh no! The government doesn't discriminate or ignore homosexuals anymore! What'll we ever do?! Our kids are going to turn out gay!

p.s Homosexuality is not equivalent to child molestation, which is illegal, so I don't think NAMBLA is going to get any kind of official government recognization.

Oh no! The government doesn't discriminate or ignore homosexuals anymore! What'll we ever do?! Our kids are going to turn out gay!

p.s Homosexuality is not equivalent to child molestation, which is illegal, so I don't think NAMBLA is going to get any kind of official government recognization.

Never said it was...

My thing is about a national month for every last lifestyle choice, or whatever 'recognized' group or whatever else.. it is absolutely ridiculous

Oh.. and I would be against a national Jesus month as I would be against any other national 'insert religion' month... a government can recognize the diversity of beliefs, groups, etc without having to have an 'official' month, week, day, or whatever for every last little thing

Here we go another meaningless proclaimation from the White House designating a month to mean something to someone somewhere. I had to be reminded when Earth Day was so you think I'm going to remember this one? While I'm sure some lobby group is overjoyed at the designation and some marketing company is getting ready to meet the endless demands for cards to be printed now that June is set aside. I'm sure my daughter is going to be a bit disappointed to find out that June is no longer the marriage month.

I noticed you left open the possibility of unofficial recogonition.

Queer month. :rolleyes:

I noticed you left open the possibility of unofficial recogonition.

Queer month. :rolleyes:

Now Queer month I could go for, at least then it'd include me to. :cool:

Who knows...maybe one day there'll be a National White History Month or Beastiality Month or Alcoholics and Drug Addicts Month...

Interestingly enough, BO gives them big props and a whole month to feel pride...but still won't support their marriage. You gotta wonder which of this positions he REALLY believes in.

Who knows...maybe one day there'll be a National White History Month or Beastiality Month or Alcoholics and Drug Addicts Month...

Interestingly enough, BO gives them big props and a whole month to feel pride...but still won't support their marriage. You gotta wonder which of this positions he REALLY believes in.

Hmm ... kinda like don't hate the sinner hate the sin?

I want a National Republican Month! We're a minoirity now.. we deserve it!

Forum List

Back